It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl abandoned secret base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here's a video series part 4. Exploring with Josh. Josh enters Chernobyl and finds secret base with extremely large radar antenna. This is some real cold war history from the inside. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here ya go...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

I believe that is what was known as the "Russian Woodpecker", or Duga radar. This was the bane of many Ham radio enthusiasts for years. There are a couple of them.

They were early versions of over the horizon radars and were in operation until 1989.

This particular site is hardly a secret. It has been explored many times by various people and there are numerous videos of these exploits out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's amazing all the nukes in the World are based on the US Navy design. The US Air Force design is way safer:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It always amazes me how much of the Chernobyl mythology is inspired by a book written 15 years before/movie filmed seven years before the disaster ever happened.

For anyone that hasn't seen Stalker I highly recommend checking it out. It easily competes with Battleship Potemkin for the greatest Russian movie ever made.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The reactor was going to be used for a Russian star wars style weapon, or so says rumors.

It was a closed city so something military was going on there and this radar dish proves as much.

I always found it interesting that the fire on the night of the explosion was said to have very vibrant colors associated with it. Obviously it was from the energy leaking from the reactor but the way it was said to look sounds amazing and I've never been able to find a picture

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

mutated babies, babies with two heads, babies with two arms. That was classic.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i live in 50 km near Chernobyl and nothing of that i don't feel, but i have a tail

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Joness777

Great reply!!!

I love it!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

maybe they gave info to warn

top topics

join