It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picking Up Trash While Black

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

We live here. He is picking up garbage.

A black man picking up trash in his yard is surrounded by 8 police.

This is not right and we all know it.

So this man was sitting and taking a break from picking up trash. Cop stops ask him whats up and he explained he lived there and was picking up trash. He showed a school id and police wanted to question him further for some unknown reason. Cop calls for back up cause suspect refused to put down blunt force object. The guy had a trash grabber and a bucket.
edit on 7-3-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Oh i thought I was watching a clip from Police Academy.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't get it...So the cop walked up to him, asked for ID, and he gave it to him. Then how did it escalate from there? What else did the cop want to linger for so long with his hand on the gun?

edit on 7-3-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

What an idiot. Put down the bucket and go talk to the police. This guy has no self control. This is a training video on how to get shot while doing nothing.
edit on 7-3-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Casing out houses under the guise of picking up trash

or

Home owner cleaning up his property?

Can't tell from this video, but the race card will be played none the less.

edit on 7-3-2019 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

What an idiot. Put down the bucket and go talk to the police. This guy has no self control. This is a training video on how to get shot while doing nothing.

He did talk to them. He gave the police his school id.

"Nosy neighbor unveils blue isis".........that was a funny comment i seen.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Were you there? The video starts off with the fellow yelling at the cops. Do you know why the officer was there in the first place?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Any lawyer will tell you to comply with the cops orders.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I don't get it...So the cop walked up to him, asked for I'd, then how did it escalate from there? What else did the cop want to linger for so long with his hand on the gun?

Maybe he's just one of those cops that wants complete submission before leaving...

Who knows what happened. I can't stand morons that can't keep their mouth shut and have to yell things while recording. I stopped watching after that started. I figured from having watched this kind of video before he'd be spewing some ignorant crap he thinks is the law before long. He's actually escalating the situation by being an ass and yelling from behind the trees.

If they're harassing the dude for picking up trash they should be held accountable.
edit on 3/7/19 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Were you there? The video starts off with the fellow yelling at the cops. Do you know why the officer was there in the first place?

Wow you are really knee jerking on this one. First off there is a neighbor telling the officer that the person lives there and the person gave his student id even though he was under no legal obligation to do so since there was a witness confirming that the officers suspicions of trespassing was incorrect. A that point the cop should have left. Instead he wanted to play the game of authority and now he has no job.

There is a link to an article in the video youtube and this story has been aired on the news.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Omg!!! The cops are so on edge to use their guns it's amazing. I don't know what the answer is but having people on the edge of shooting their gun like this is not going to end well for some people who are innocent.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I don't get it...So the cop walked up to him, asked for I'd, then how did it escalate from there? What else did the cop want to linger for so long with his hand on the gun?

Maybe he's just one of those cops that wants complete submission before leaving...

Who knows what happened. I can't stand morons that can't keep their mouth shut and have to yell things while recording. I stopped watching after that started. I figured from having watched this kind of video before he'd be spewing some ignorant crap he thinks is the law before long. He's actually escalating the situation by being an was and yelling from behind the trees.

If they're harassing the dude for picking up trash they should be held accountable.

Na! The guy verifying that the person lived there is the point the officer should have left after viewing his school id. This guy was on a power trip if he calls a trash grabber a blunt force object after being verified the guy lived there by the witness.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Bet this is in a democrat controlled city, being filmed by a little progressive that thinks he's above the law and they're not not allowed to do their job while he's around. Guy in the video looks homeless anyways. Best to stop and be sure he's not stealing anything because I'd imagine that if something came up missing from the camera shooter's yard, he'd be complaining about the cops for not asking why a homeless looking dude is in his yard. No win situation for police in blue cities.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The officer can’t just take someone’s word for it he hast to see the guys ID. The guy refuses from the very start to comply with the officers orders and then escalates to the point where he makes the officer reach for his gun. If an officer gets called, d he has to go assess the situation. As a citizen, you should always comply with an officer’s orders. Had this fellow just put down what was in his hands and walked over and talked to the officer in a friendly manner , None of this would’ve taken place. He would’ve given the officer no reason to feel worried.
edit on 7-3-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Wow you are really knee jerking on this one. First off there is a neighbor telling the officer that the person lives there and the person gave his student id even though he was under no legal obligation to do so since there was a witness confirming that the officers suspicions of trespassing was incorrect. A that point the cop should have left. Instead he wanted to play the game of authority and now he has no job.

There is a link to an article in the video youtube and this story has been aired on the news.

And the ignorance about laws begins. If a witness is there police must stand down!

And I thought it would be the dude yelling behind the camera giving the poor legal analysis.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

These officers get called out to assess situations like this all the time when they show up they don’t know who you are or what you’re doing. So when you start yelling at them and telling them you don’t have to do what they’re asking you to do, I bet you they get pretty worried. Had he just calmly introduced him self to the cup, this situation wouldn’t have happened.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

The police do not have to stand down just because someone says they know him.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Omg!!! The cops are so on edge to use their guns it's amazing. I don't know what the answer is but having people on the edge of shooting their gun like this is not going to end well for some people who are innocent.

A) Because the media has painted a target on the backs of law enforcement, and B) These people think they don't have to listen to officers of the law if they don't want to.

It's never worked that way, loving parents teach us this at a young age.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You made the video didn't you?

I can't imagine that anyone else would find this interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Who knows what happened. I can't stand morons that can't keep their mouth shut and have to yell things while recording. I stopped watching after that started. I figured from having watched this kind of video before he'd be spewing some ignorant crap he thinks is the law before long. He's actually escalating the situation by being an was and yelling from behind the trees.

Na! The guy verifying that the person lived there is the point the officer should have left after viewing his school id. This guy was on a power trip if he calls a trash grabber a blunt force object after being verified the guy lived there by the witness.

Do you even know what a blunt force object is? It's any solid object used as a weapon, which damages its target by applying direct mechanical force, and has no penetrating point or edge, or is wielded so that the point or edge is not the part of the weapon that inflicts the injury. Brass knuckles are considered a blunt force object and they wouldn't do as much damage as a trash grabber.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join