It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did people from your high school turn out?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I come from a very close knit high school, and with the exception of 2 people, and an additional 2 people that have passed away we
all keep in touch. Yes everyone else in our entire graduating class keep in touch.

Several years ago we had one of our reunions (20). It is amazing how life changes after high school
Here are my observations:

-Jocks/very popular girls - are mostly losers now, still trying to hold onto fading looks but it isn't working. Above average ageing. Most of them didn't pay attention in school and their looks/personality didn't translate into the real world. Isn't it funny in our high school vision we thought those people would rule everything and always get their way... not so, not so. Small pond...
-The nerds/geeks/quite kids - most are super successful and look good, but seem to still have a chip on their shoulder from high school. Some are bosses to the jocks/popular girls now.
-The prudish girls - married with 4-7 kids
-The fat kids - are the most fit now and looking great
-The wild ones - are super religious
-The stoners - this one is funny, they all seem to be on a 10-20 yr delayed schedule. Most have their first child in their 40s & 50s!
-The happiest kid - usually the most depressed. The two "happiest" people I have known committed suicide.
-The weird kids - are probably the most normal in the bunch.

Of course I am generalizing, but I went to my husbands reunion and he mentioned the same type of things.
How did kids from your school turn out?

edit on 5-3-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Fat and bald.

The guys aren't much better off either.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Fat and bald.

The guys aren't much better off either.

Forgot a line.

The kids that burnt ants/bugs with a magnifying glass - turn out like ... nevermind..

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My core best pals from school are doing great.
Recruitment consultant.
Biology professor.
TV director.
Economist for the Scottish parliament.
Software engineer.
I'm the odd one out but seeing I worked when they studied and paid for their beer they all sort me out.
I have met others all in great jobs..I was a poor boy in a posh school of multi millionaires.
Got called common at school got called a posh twit by my family I couldn't win. Lol.

But money means nowt if you hate your job.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The vast majority have utterly boring middle america lives. A few became celebs, a few strippers, a few in jail, a few drug addicts, etc. However, most are just 9 to 5 with a few kids living in suburban wastelands.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

There were only 12 people in my graduating class. Only 2 of us left alive. Wars and alcohol took it's toll.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

There were only 12 people in my graduating class. Only 2 of us left alive. Wars and alcohol took it's toll.

Unfortunately alcohol has plagued a lot of people regardless of personality.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I haven't kept up with how our class turned out. Some went to work for corporations, one went to Hollywood and works with making movies, working in directing. Others started businesses and some just got jobs locally and many moved to the city to find work. Just a normal class evolution. Pretty much most people wound up about where I thought they would wind up back then, but then again that was the early seventies when I graduated. Motivation was the factor I looked at when trying to predict. I never became a Doctor as many thought, but that was because I saw the deceit in the field back when I went to College.

I think that the older people those days had too much expectations, I have never believed that anyone is inferior to another because of education, honesty and integrity have always been my way of evaluating people.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Mostly liberal jerks, co ke burnouts and a few went on to become prosperous professionals. But it was So Cal in the 60's, class of 69 to be exact. A lot are gone now, maybe a third. The age is getting around 67-68 years old, so not really that old, just party burnt and fading.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Considering our crappy teachers (so crappy I had to teach myself) my friends are doing good, as for me, my tenure as king of the village idiots remains, and I will remain unchallenged for a long-crap gotta go there is a shadow that looks like one of them Easter island statues.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I graduated from high school 46 years ago.I did go to one class reunion
back in 1988 and this is what I remember.
Many had already lost their yearbooks along the way.I still have mine
today!
I was surprised on how many had already passed away by 1988.
The usual snobs and upper class kids married off to each other.
What surprised me was many of them were already looking older
back then.I was in my early 30's the last time I was asked for ID
to prove my age.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I haven't kept up with how our class turned out. Some went to work for corporations, one went to Hollywood and works with making movies, working in directing. Others started businesses and some just got jobs locally and many moved to the city to find work. Just a normal class evolution. Pretty much most people wound up about where I thought they would wind up back then, but then again that was the early seventies when I graduated. Motivation was the factor I looked at when trying to predict. I never became a Doctor as many thought, but that was because I saw the deceit in the field back when I went to College.

I think that the older people those days had too much expectations, I have never believed that anyone is inferior to another because of education, honesty and integrity have always been my way of evaluating people.

The most shocking thing that happened at my reunion. A girl I went to school with, I barely even remembered her. She came up to me and said that I was very kind to her when many weren't (from what I remember she was very obese back then in a time when most kids weren't) She said it meant a lot and she still remembers it. That made my day.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

There were 276 kids in my class.

For the most part they ended up where they began.

Some are dead.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: rickymouse

The most shocking thing that happened at my reunion. A girl I went to school with, I barely even remembered her. She came up to me and said that I was very kind to her when many weren't (from what I remember she was very obese back then in a time when most kids weren't) She said it meant a lot and she still remembers it. That made my day.

I was a pudgy kid when I was younger, I did a lot of hiking, snowshoeing, hunting, fishing, and walking and was always on the go but I was very stout. Then in one summer I grew from five foot two to six foot one half inch without gaining any weight. When I went back to school not many kids actually recognized me. The kids that were skinny and healthy all of a sudden wanted to be my friend. I kept the friends I had before but did not shun the more popular kids. I wasn't about to start to abandon friends I had for years just because I got better looking.

I was supposed to be one of the ones most thought to succeed in life, being in Who's Who and all. But These people really did not know me. My view of success is a life where I keep learning new things and having kids so my family line does not disappear. My desire has always been to learn then teach others what I have learned, I taught a lot of people how to work in my life, as many others have taught me new things. So I feel I succeeded, Others stuck on wealth and prestige will not think I have but many I know benefited by my knowledge and experience. I feel I have succeeded and that is all I am concerned about. I wish I would have learned more about farming though, a lot of the things the old farmers knew was really valuable.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Most of the people seem to be doing pretty well, albeit boring lives. Most of the people you though would be successful are successful in that they have above average careers. When I look back on college and high school, here are the ones that stood out. Most of these are not surprising when I look back on them and their personalities though.

One of my classmates is a professional commercial actor. He has probably been in like 50 commercials. I see him on TV all the time. He was smart, but a serious class clown. He actually failed his senior year and got held back. However, knowing his personality, it makes total sense that he is a successful actor now.

One chick became a stripper and I saw her in a few rap videos. Kind of surprised me. She wasn't that bright and not very attractive.

One of my high school classmates little brother became a very famous child actor. Think own Nickelodeon show.

A high school classmate is serving life without parole for gang rape and murder. WTF?

One of my college buddies is a top modeling agent. He has been on America's next top model as a judge.

Another college buddy was a super star record executive. He literally signed Beyonce, discovered several Grammy winning acts and other platinum selling R&B / Hip Hop acts. For reasons unknown, he just up and killed himself while he was literally at the height of his career.

Another classmate is a famous hip hop producer. Discovered and produced Outkast, wrote songs for TLC, etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I went to a "regional high school", that had 5-6 towns. Some towns had trailer parks and very rural areas where kids grew up in the middle of nowhere and/or dealt with poverty, and other towns had multi-million dollar homes and trust fund kids.

I was one of the biggest trouble makers, getting searched by admins for smelling like pot for example, but got good grades (just never really applied myself in high school). I am only friends with 1 or 2 people from my school (graduating class of 400+ and about 1500 students in the school altogether).

The richies (trust fund kids for example) are mostly hipsters, some are in entry-level positions, others are working at Amazon or Google and doing very well professionally/financially. Some became doctors or are still in med school. Some are ski bums just living off of their trust fund and mommy/daddy's allowance (in their late 20s... kind of sad to be honest)

The middle-class kids generally seem to have climbed corporate ladders, or are in fairly common professional jobs like real estate agent, or may just be in food service while they are working on a graduate degree.

A lot of the kids who grew up in poverty went into trades like electrician, plumbing, auto technician. Some of them are doing really well actually.

In all 3 categories there are outliers, unmotivated folks, those who excel financially/professionally, some who stagnated, had kids early, have already been divorced, or have moved to Canada and built a new social circle with entirely new people.

I don't keep in touch with many of them but we remain "friends" on social media or LinkedIn, so it is interesting to see how things have changed from afar.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I went to an all boys private catholic school. Graduated in 2007

Results were pretty mixed.

The weird part is, many of the top of the class super smart kids didnt really do anything that you would think (like doctors, scientists, etc)... they all are, just sort of.. normal.

A few of the athletes are in the NFL/MLB. Others are doing the whole gang/selling drugs thing. Others became ministers/pastors, and many work in sales.

Almost all of the stoner/party kids are doing nothing in life, working labor or minimum wage jobs or not working at all.

I was always in trouble, but my group was the group that didnt fit into any other group. We all played sports, but we werent considered "jocks," we were a little nerdy but not considered "nerds".. we werent stoners or loners. we were just sort of the "misfits"..

On my group of guys 1 is in the Marines pretty high up now, 1 was in the Marines bus passed away after returning (suicide), 2 are very successful software developers, 1 is a product manager, 2 are very very successful videographer/producers, 1 is trying to get into management at a local restaurant, 1 works at a factory and is a bouncer/security, 1 is an EMT... and I am a Business Analyst for a large insurance company.

So as far as my group is concerned, we turned out pretty well.

Oh, yeah.. this will annoy people on this site, but since I saw it mentioned up above, we are all pretty liberal too

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Graduated with around 1500 people. I have been invited to a couple of reunions and I do know all of the attendees, based on the facebook thingy. I don't know though, I kind of don't want to know and I also don't want anyone getting drunk and hitting on my wife - because I know a couple of those guys would do so.

Anyway, I haven't noticed too much or a switch-a-roo (since they are facebook friends), the ones that go to that were the popular ones, and they all seem fairly successful and for their age they all look as well as I would expect them to.

I do know this, when one of my old HS girlfriends added me my wife actually got kind of mad. That was funny to me because another one did as well although she had lost her looks and that didnt bother my wife at all.

Catty cats.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No idea really. I went to two high schools. I finished off grade 12 in a new school s I didn't really know anybody I graduated with. I think one girl became a musician and lives back east now.

The few people who's lives I know of from my old school. One dude became a cook I think and has a wife and kids now, my good friend was a guitar tech for years, I ran into him last year sometime, he's working as an electrician's apprentice now.

Another guy, I dunno his job, but he posts a lot about being a furry(those people that like cartoon animals) on facebook...so...that I guess....

Another one of my friends moved to Ontario and I think he's a heavy mechanic now, i'm not sure though.

As for everyone else...I dunno...and I don't really care. I honestly barely remember highschool. My mom was slowly dying the whole time so most of my memories from then are more about that then school.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I actually just got back in touch with my high school buddy, it's been like 17 years since we've spoken. There's a handful that I wouldn't mind seeing how they're doing, but I'm not going out of my way to find them either. Was raised as a military brat, so I didn't spend a ton of time in one place growing up and never felt the need to put down roots.

I did see an ex or someone who was a dead ringer for an ex in an adult video once. That was pretty dang weird, and considering where the company was based out of, fairly plausible that it was in fact her. Heck I've lost touch with most of the people I had come to my wedding and that was about 10 years ago, I'm just not a people person I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join