It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't play ANTHEM PERIOD

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yeah am avoiding this like a smelly fart.

Besides Divsion 2 is out soon and I’d the beta is anything to go by it’s going to be amazing.

Av seen multiple reports of Anthem causing hard crashes on PS4, it’s not some minor issue, neither is the game being a complete mess.

If it's someone else's smelly farts, we avoid them... but when it's our own? Come on, you know you secretly enjoy them, we all do.

I'm glad I'm poor and have rubbish hardware. I don't play new games... and the ones I've tried, are pants. 40gb to play a cartoon with intermittent segments where you do a predefined series of clicks.. meh..

I actually thought this thread was about not playing THE anthem.. thought "Oh oh now what are they doing..."

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do me a solid please review division 2 when it's released. I played the betas and enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the first month or 2 of the first before it went sideways.

I'm interested to see if they can avoid a similar problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

That's what EA does. They buy up development studios and gut everything that made them what they were. Pretty soon all you have is a zombie label that fails and gets shut down. BioWare is the Walking Dead right now. They did it to Maxis and The Sims too and several others.

I've been immersed in RimWorld (indy game) now for a long time. My latest colony are a bunch of literal scruffy nerfherders thanks to a Star Wars mod. Yes, they have a herd of nerfs they're farming for meat, hides, wool, and milk. We also have a side project in alpacas ... and a pet warg.
edit on 5-3-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have to agree with this.

I think the main problem is the fact that too often large video game publishers aquire the game studios, who where their own masters early on.

You'll notice that any games they made prior to becoming owned by a large publisher, they put out real, quality products. But after being bought out, it seems they end up going down hill from there.

EA is the worst of these big publishers. They don't care about quality games, they just care about making their stock holders money.

It's not just EA though. Take a look at that dumpster fire called Fallout 76. Zenimax has pretty much done the same thing to Bethesda too.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Do me a solid please review division 2 when it's released. I played the betas and enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the first month or 2 of the first before it went sideways.

I'm interested to see if they can avoid a similar problem.

HAHA yeah I hear you!

I am planning on getting it on release, I loved the first one until it went to the dogs after the first dlc update and because over run with hackers and glitching.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah well that's the kind of drivel to be expected from millenial "girl gamers" no?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah well that's the kind of drivel to be expected from millenial "girl gamers" no?

R/gatekeeping

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks to my EA Origin Access subscription I was granted 10 in game hours with Anthem. I'd gotten fairly hyped for the game when it was announced and figured it might be worth a shot. It might live up to the hype, even if only a little.

The first day of the open beta for Anthem I spent about 2 hours getting through the opening cut scenes thanks to endless disconnects and one crash to desktop. Once I struggled through that and actually got control of my character I immediately discovered that I had a glitch that was preventing me from leaving the very first launch platform. It was effectively an invisible wall and after butting my head into it for about 10 minutes I gave up and decided to wait for launch day.

Launch day arrived and while the disconnects were still happening, they were far less frequent. The opening cut scenes finished and I was stoked to discover that this time I could leave the opening platform!

For about 2 minutes I was enthralled. The flight mechanics were fun as Hell.

But then I made it to the part where the flying stopped and the shooting started and I very quickly thought "This is like Destiny - only less good".

A few minutes later I closed Anthem, opened Destiny 2 and played that for awhile to sate my sci-fi shooter craving.

I figure in 6 months or maybe a year, I'll go back and see if I can't use the remainder of my 10 free hours to find out if they've turned Anthem into an actual game or not by then. Looter shooters tend to work that way... Garbage at launch but fairly good games by about patch 1.4 or 1.5.
edit on 3/5/19 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Garbage at launch but fairly good games by about patch 1.4 or 1.5.

The Division showed that, and likely the Division 2....

I didn't play borderlands at launch, but that game was super smooth....

Can't wait for the next one.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I still play The Division several hours per week - though mostly Survival as I love the game mode and no longer need to grind any gear.

I've also played 3 versions of the beta for The Division 2 so far and think that it will probably launch in a passable state - though I do worry that the endgame enemies might be a bit OP and that the devs have balanced the late game a bit too much toward groups and not solo players.

Whatever the state, The Division is kinda my thing and I'll likely be there for it good or bad. I do have faith that Massive and Redstorm will get it to good even if it takes a few iterations.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yea, the first one's problems were mainly loot imbalance, the ability to exploit for loot, and a few other minor problems.

They showed great potential in making a powerhouse game though, so I hope 2 does deliver... I played a little of the beta but got sidetracked with Apex.

I still play The Division several hours per week - though mostly Survival as I love the game mode and no longer need to grind any gear.

I love survival, but now that I don't need the gear I kinda do it for giggles. I also loved how it had near field communication.... I would start whispering near by to freak them out when they couldn't find me until I killed them.

I also liked running up on people trying to extract and spawn an extra present for them.... then once they finally killed their hunters... I'd go in and play spoiler.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That's what I am seeing in reviews -- the mechanics are fun, especially flying, but everything else is just ... meh at best.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maxis.

simcity 2k

I rented from blockbuster.

MAXIS games kept me from being a total pos....

Now I use the internet

To unleash my possess. Jk jk or?

I need to get on rimworld ain't played since EA.

just busy w other games

And skewl

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I disagree... Zenimax is a solid parent company. Bethesda was bought by Zenimax 20 years ago, meaning most of Bethesda's best games have come out while under Zenimax. Also, Doom and Wolfenstein have come out under Zenimax since they bought id. I think the blame for the Fallout 76 disasterpiece lies solely on Bethesda's shoulders. The first inkling gamers saw of how greedy and clueless Bethesda is was when they sold the worthless horse armor DLC for Oblivion. Bethesda is also lazy... when was the last time they released a game that didn't require massive bug fixes, patches, and overhaul updates right out of the box?

CD Projeckt Red can develop a larger, more graphically stable game with Witcher 3 that utilized a 500 MB day one patch file... Fallout 76 required a 55 GB day one patch download... for a damn game that itself is 45 GB off the disk!!! That's ridiculously lazy programming and development on the part of Bethesda.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's the "game as service" disease. Too many developers think they'll cash in more if they produce something that gets players in that they can keep building on with micro-transactions.

But somewhere along the way, they lost the idea that they should put out a finished product to start with.

Now they just seem to be abusing kids who have parents with deep pockets.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I got ghost wildlands as well, so I am doubly shy... as good as it looked (and played on my laptop in both betas), as fun as the mobs were (loved having to shoot off armor rather than just shoot the sponge a hundred times), I have to wait and see this time.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Can't wait for this game later this year:

Pretty much always enjoyed everything Obsidian has put out, and is more than likely why I enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas more than either 3 or 4 (and no way am I'm blowing my money on that 76 crap).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join