It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neuroscientist Researching Brain Chips To Make People Superintelligent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: neoholographic

I guess Ill be one of the ones in a cage eating bananas.

“They can make money by just thinking about the right investments

newfoodeconomy.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Put one in a human with IQ of 50.
you have a human still with IQ of 50
but with quick assess a Lot of info that makes him look smart.

did calculator make people good at maths? no!
less so. just good at using a calculator.
They would make good cyborg workers.

to make the Best cyborg
put a chip in a new born baby!
the brain of a baby grows and looks for ways to use whats around it.
only then can a human truly interface with a AI.
it will use it in ways we can not dream of.
it will not be Pre-programed. thats the baby.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is inevitable, the next step from smart phone tech. I for one can’t wait.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

So when your ex start's pestering you it is delivered right into your psyche and you can not then ignore the messages?.

OR

Indian and Pakistani call centers and advertising agency's cold calling right into your brain - how long before it allows someone to directly hack the human mind implanting fake memory's and even used to turn sane people into killers.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: snarfbot
"Approximately 40,000 people in the United States already have smart chips in their heads, but those brain implants are only approved for medical use for now."

I would love to see what they cite for this chestnut.

What a load of bull.

What's so hard to believe about it? Neuro implants have been around since 1995.

Exactly!!

It's also crazy that people don't understand by adding memory capacity, you will increase intelligence because you can learn faster. This is what Elon Musk calls a bandwidth problem.

If a person can multiply 1875 x 1648 in their head instead of writing it dow, they will learn faster. If a person can tell you all about the War of 1812 without referring to Wiki, they will learn faster.

Musk wants to make this connection faster between the brain and our digital selves. You then merge this with A.I. and you have superintelligent humans.

How will a regular human ever win money against a superintelligent human when playing Poker? The superintelligent human will be connected to an AI that has played billions of poker games against itself and has learned every strategy and the best ways to win.

Carnegie Mellon Artificial Intelligence Beats Top Poker Pros

www.cmu.edu...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
This is inevitable, the next step from smart phone tech. I for one can’t wait.

Yep, Smartphones and Tablets are precursors to this. We can instantly message or video chat and all sorts of information is at our fingertips but that's still too slow as we create more and more data.

The amount of data we produce every day is truly mind-boggling. There are 2.5 quintillion bytes of data created each day at our current pace, but that pace is only accelerating with the growth of the Internet of Things (IoT). Over the last two years alone 90 percent of the data in the world was generated. This is worth re-reading! While it’s almost impossible to wrap your mind around these numbers, I gathered together some of my favorite stats to help illustrate some of the ways we create these colossal amounts of data every single day.

We conduct more than half of our web searches from a mobile phone now.
More than 3.7 billion humans use the internet (that’s a growth rate of 7.5 percent over 2016).
On average, Google now processes more than 40,000 searches EVERY second (3.5 billion searches per day)!
While 77% of searches are conducted on Google, it would be remiss not to remember other search engines are also contributing to our daily data generation. Worldwide there are 5 billion searches a day.

Every minute

Snapchat users share 527,760 photos
More than 120 professionals join LinkedIn
Users watch 4,146,600 YouTube videos
456,000 tweets are sent on Twitter
Instagram users post 46,740 photos

www.forbes.com...

The bandwidth used to do these things will increase exponentially by the Internet of Things and when humans can search for You Tube videos or send Snapchat photos with their minds. We see some movement towards this by being able to speak what you're searching for, imagine when you just have to think it.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

So when your ex start's pestering you it is delivered right into your psyche and you can not then ignore the messages?.

OR

Indian and Pakistani call centers and advertising agency's cold calling right into your brain - how long before it allows someone to directly hack the human mind implanting fake memory's and even used to turn sane people into killers.

A small price to pay to be so smart I never have to work again

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

"Approximately 40,000 people in the United States already have smart chips in their heads, but those brain implants are only approved for medical use for now."

I would love to see what they cite for this chestnut.

What a load of bull.

What's so hard to believe about it? Neuro implants have been around since 1995.

The implants the newspaper is talking about do a singular task such as turning a nerve signal on and off. They don't have chips or complex wiring that interfaces a processor/memory with neuro-circuitry. The ones it cites for epilepsy aren't considered brain surgery, they're implanted just below the skin under the left earlobe.

---
VNS is not brain surgery; it involves implanting a device (similar to a pacemaker) under the skin just below the left collarbone or close to the armpit. A second small incision is made in the neck to attach two tiny wires to the vagus nerve.
The wires are threaded invisibly up the neck from the device to the vagus nerve.

The device (a pulse generator), will send small electrical pulses to the vagus nerve in the neck. These pulses are delivered to where the seizures are thought to start in the brain and may help to prevent the abnormal electrical activity that causes seizures. The pulse generator works at intervals 24 hours a day, every day.

Implanting the device is much less invasive than brain surgery for epilepsy. It involves a simple surgical procedure, which involves only a short stay in hospital.
----

www.uhs.nhs.uk...(VNS).aspx

At the moment we're at the basic electrical circuit level of switching a lightbulb on and off. We're a long way off a multi-core processor, fully integrated circuit or OS system that can convert computer code into neurophysiology. The more complex something is the more power it needs which means a bigger battery and more frequent surgeries to have batteries replaced and general servicing which is expensive, invasive and dangerous.

edit on 5-3-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

This is pure fiction.

For the record, a 70 IQ would exceed the average of people in several nations. These aren't people with brain damage or downs syndrome either. Are we to believe that the "intelligent monkey" they are referencing is smarter than the average Somalian?

No way. Just one of the many flaws in this article.

How does this chip interface with the brain? Gimme a break.

I don't have any problems believing it. We've all seen the picture of the starving african kid lying in a field surrounded by vultures. How many chimpanzees leave their young to die in a field?

I'd say your average chimp is smarter than some human populations, yes.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

This is pure fiction.

For the record, a 70 IQ would exceed the average of people in several nations. These aren't people with brain damage or downs syndrome either. Are we to believe that the "intelligent monkey" they are referencing is smarter than the average Somalian?

No way. Just one of the many flaws in this article.

How does this chip interface with the brain? Gimme a break.

I don't have any problems believing it. We've all seen the picture of the starving african kid lying in a field surrounded by vultures. How many chimpanzees leave their young to die in a field?

I'd say your average chimp is smarter than some human populations, yes.

Exactly, sadly people don't do research and study these things before responding.

Here's more about one of them that learned sign language.

Koko is now 31 years old, and has developed a vocabulary of over 1000 words of American Sign Language and comprehension of over 2000 words of spoken English.

www.koko.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join