It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from North Carolina!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Absolutely true! It seems like everyone you meet here is a “transplant” from somewhere else and over the past few years, it seems like everyone is leaving Florida because it’s turned into trash trash trash and no one speaks English. Nothing is English there, not even billboards. So everyone comes here to NC to escape that, hence the overcrowding. But now, it’s like Florida is too crowded for all of the trash that wanted to be there, so they are spreading out here. That’s why I said it’s getting more people of lower class and lower standards. Rude people who seem to feel entitled for whatever reason.

That’s why I say, stay out of big cities. They are already being infiltrated. The area near Sparta, is very much still a lot of good, down home, country folk who would not stand for this to take place. Not anytime soon anyway. The problem with Appalachian area is that you have the university there in Boone. It’s also known as a party school. So inevitably you mix young people with desires of fun and partying as what is important to them, you’re going to soon have a population of these people who believe “let everyone in! Take care of everyone! No harm in that! Doesn’t matter who they are or where they come from!” So I’m sure that area will be riddled with people soon too. Sparta and surrounding areas have people being raised on a good country upbringing and for the most part go to a community college at best. You don’t have the same type of indoctrination there as you would in universities and such. So I have higher hopes for those areas to hold out a lot longer. That’s where I plan to go if # ever really hit the fan, lots of gun toting, bible thumping, badass men that would fight for our country if need be.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vgl004

lol, I wonder how many of us came from that site

They once had a sister site that you would be directed to when you were a banned non paying member. Someone used to post on the sister site, one letter posts at a time in a thread that spelled out:

A
B
O
V
E

T
O
P

S
E
C
R
E
T

Took their advice and haven't looked back, well not too often

hope you stick around. the quality here is far superior

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Lol!
This whole time, I never knew this was here. It was like a blessing to get banned now looking back! I’ve been here only 1 day and I already like it way better! I feel like I’ll be sticking around awhile.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nice to meet you! We have some very knowledgeable people and fascinating topics here. Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vgl004
a reply to: network dude

Well hello! I suppose my grandfather was 32 then as well, he was as high as you could go in the lodge regarding the degrees. He was a wonderful man, as are many masons! Very kind and a great sense of brotherhood. Him and I had a special bond, we could be in a loud chaotic room with a million people yelling and screaming and we would sit there and look at each other calmly and just give each other this face where we knew what each other was trying to say. I loved him dearly and took care of him when he got sick towards the end of his life. Moved here to North Carolina to live with him and my grandmother all the way from California. He put me through school, and I owe a lot of who I am today to him in many ways!

You’re wife and I do sound a lot alike! She sounds like a very wonderful woman!

I have not been approached for an avatar, I’m not even sure how to go about that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just ask for Doug. But don't worry, he's cool.

Scottish Rite Masons are 32nd degree as soon as their "initiation" is over. If they are very active and work for the group, they can get the honor of KCCH, which is a step before the 33rd. The 33rd is an honorary degree, and represents the hard work a mason did. It's very possible your grandfather was a 33rd, if he was active and a member a while. If you are ever in Spivey's Corner, come by for a beer.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vgl004

Absolutely true! It seems like everyone you meet here is a “transplant” from somewhere else and over the past few years, it seems like everyone is leaving Florida because it’s turned into trash trash trash and no one speaks English. Nothing is English there, not even billboards. So everyone comes here to NC to escape that, hence the overcrowding. But now, it’s like Florida is too crowded for all of the trash that wanted to be there, so they are spreading out here. That’s why I said it’s getting more people of lower class and lower standards. Rude people who seem to feel entitled for whatever reason.

That’s why I say, stay out of big cities.

I hate big cities and I'll die before I live in one. I need to be surrounded by forest, farms, small towns and wildlife, just like how I spent the majority of my life before coming here.
I could tell you all kinds of stories about the people I've encountered down here... I firmly believe that Florida is some kind of magnet for people who aren't all there in the head. I've seen some outright bizarre ****. I think a lot of people who moved here are in complete denial of how wrong they got it and how much they hate it and are desperately trying to convince themselves otherwise. I'm not even trying to be funny, I actually think that. For example, long story short I was talking to this one girl once who was saying she was so glad she lived here so she could be away from the cold up north since she hated the cold, when the next minute she suddenly flip-flops and starts telling me how she loves the cold and can't wait to go back. It felt like I was witnessing her trying and failing to convince herself that she really does love it here in some sort of attempt to hold on to her own sanity. That's not even the only time I've seen stuff like that.

I even met a girl once who thought trees were gross and a woman who honest-to-god thought having tattoos meant you were in a gang. She literally walks up to me and asks me if I was in a gang. I'm just like... "No... Why would you think that?" She goes "Well I saw that you had tattoos..." People here are just ****ing weird. I could go on and on, I have a whole list.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well I know this for sure, he was a mason for about 50 years. I know he was a member of the Scottish rite as well, however was still more involved in the Freemasons. He stayed as secretary for many many many years after being master.

Thank you for the advice, I’m hoping this isn’t the same “Doug” everyone is warning me about. I will tread cautiously just in case.

And thank you! If I ever happen to wander to that area I will def reach out!
Take care!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Wow. That is very strange! I have never been to Florida but my husband is from there, he is a higher class transplant though lol. He tells me the stories of how horrid it is there so he refuses to even go there because it is a waste of a trip so I’m fine with that. And I understand the tattoo thing! My husband has a sleeve tattoo that goes down his hand, so he is automatically some sort of felon or bad guy to many people. He once had someone approach him and say, “did you know statistically, that people with tattoos are more likely to beat their children?” I was like WTF! People are absolutely unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Hi, Hello, newbie here, I too escaped FL and am hiding out here in very western NC. Your husband is sooooo right. I lived there from '81 to '06. Old FL was truly wonderful. Now.. bad, bad, bad. I just kinda landed here for no particular reason but I love it here. For now lots of space. I so want to tell everyone about me but the kids will be home soon. So, just hi for now and I'm so glad I found this site. Seems like an intelegent group but can still laugh at themselves and life.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: loraann

Well hello! Glad you found this place too! I’ve only been here a day or two and I love it. So much nicer than any other place I’ve been for this kind of stuff. The people are so much nicer which makes it way better in my opinion. I was getting tired of reading hate comments and name calling and negativity on the other sites. Welcome!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Been reading all these posts and I wish I could have everyone over for coffee and conversation. Especially this Doug. A bit about myself, I'm 47, people keep telling me that makes me old. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not supposed to climb trees at my age but I don't listen. I'm a mom of 5 boys ages 8 through 24. I'm going to list a few things that I would not normaly just meeting people but I'm hoping here it won't be considered weird. I'm rh neg, my Grandfather was also a Scottish rite mason. Conservative. Served a couple years in the Army right after desert storm. I have one friend, she is still in Fl. I'm married, twice. I believe anything is possible. I have a tattoo of a thistle. I'm 4'11', 110lb, blonde hair blue eyes. My 5 alien spawn are also all rh neg. I feel I don't belong anywhere. Most fokes bug me. I'm a stay at home mom have been for 24 years. 2 years of collage (waste of time). I am a horable speller. And I have spent the last year of my life tring to restore an old farm house. Before that I did a lot art work and turned a lot of junk into antiques. So now that is done. You all can visualize who I am. Oh yes one more thing, I'm quit sure the woodpecker outside my house is from the government. Ether that or this tree is filled with bugs which means its probably dying which means more work. Nope, I'm sure he is from the government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join