It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Tesla's days numbered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You are demonstrating your ignorance of money.

Your warranty was bought by you. It was included in the 100k price tag.
-before the inevitable battery failure.

Spending 100k on a car that can't go 500 miles is being ignorant.

Dealing with charging on a roadtrip is a gd joke and you know it.

I am well aware of torque curves on electric motors.
Irrelevant to mainstream cars.

Tesla deserves to die just for their de-tuning cars, then charging for removing the de-tune for big money, as well as killing people with untested fads to look cool. -autopilot

You can't just bend the reality of Tesla being a scam because you like them and think anyone else that doesn't is just ignorant.

They should loan you a Tesla to compete in an across the country roadtrip race (at the speed limit)
I will giggle when I pass you, as you hunt for a Starbucks with the right adapter.

Batteries aren't the answer. They pollute the earth more in manufacturing than they prevent anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Anyone in here driven a Tesla? Trust me there gonna be just fine.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

No, but I've flown 2 million dollar planes.

So, a quick diss to the group, then your worthless opinion?

Great contribution, you sound like a Tesla customer.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

People have been saying it since day one, it's extremely hard to get a full blown car manufacturer going in today's world. Imagine going up against Toyota, GM, Honda, etc?

The thing is, his goal isn't just cars. It's sustainability. He has this vision of an electric world, where everything is run by electricity and eventually powered by I guess the sun? Basically what Tesla envisioned, free electricity for everyone, well not 'free' but free monetary wise.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Tesla is still doing better than Elio Motors. And I would suspect that if I purchased both right now, the Tesla would be long used up before the Elio arrived.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

When did I “diss” the group?

And if my opinion is worthless then what does that make your opinion of my opinion?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

He has this vision of an electric world, where everything is run by electricity and eventually powered by I guess the sun?

I think that is shifting to graphene-based geothermal. Still in proof of concept being held up because no one is really set up to produce a graphene cable long enough. If it works you can be sure there will be pushback probably in the form of a conspiracy funded by big oil. Something like if you drill too far down there will be earthquakes, volcanos or something really stupid like it will cool the core.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think their days are numbered more do to very practical things.

1. while I give credit he has improved on the electric car concept ahead of what has been done before, it is STILL hindered by the very limitations that is shared by all electric car systems.
A few (but not all) being limited range, still long recharge times, limited infrastructure, limited enviromental conditions it can operate on (ex. the extreme cold we had drained the batteries supper fast) , and still impractical recharge times.

2. The large expenses both in purchasing and upkeep. For example on upkeep the limited areas you can get it serviced and the expense of when not if the batteries will need to be replaced.

3. The dirty little facts that it isnt as enviromentally friendly / low carbon footprint it claims. The manufature and disposal of batteries alone is still quite enviromental adverse. Add to it in an auto accident the danger it poses to not only the enviroment, but to the people around it and first responders (firefighters for example) .

Lastly and the biggest elephant in the room is this
without governmental tax breaks (both maker and PEOPLE BUYING IT) any electric car is not economically viable.

the first three are bad enough

but the last one maybe he either sees the writing on the wall or has direct insider information that the government paying for him to make it and people to buy it is soon going away.

so he is trying to put up a front like he is trying while at same time having an exist plan that keeps him rich and screw anyone else

Scrounger

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: strongfp

He has this vision of an electric world, where everything is run by electricity and eventually powered by I guess the sun?

I think that is shifting to graphene-based geothermal.

Graphene looks to have been outdone by hemp;

The waste fibres from hemp crops can be transformed into high-performance energy storage devices, scientists say. They "cooked" cannabis bark into carbon nanosheets and built supercapacitors "on a par with or better than graphene" - the industry gold standard. Electric cars and power tools could harness this hemp technology, the US researchers say.

Hemp Fibres 'Better than Graphene'

✌️ 🍻

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I am getting me a Tesla....either you evolve or go extinct....the Dinosaurs didn't get a memo or a pager call or an e-mail telling them their lights were about to go out....the Dinosaurs who have monopolised travel on this planet have to evolve and they did not....cumulatively they held back global evolution of their industry a they do with many....but this is a NewDay.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
I am getting me a Tesla....either you evolve or go extinct....the Dinosaurs didn't get a memo or a pager call or an e-mail telling them their lights were about to go out....the Dinosaurs who have monopolised travel on this planet have to evolve and they did not....cumulatively they held back global evolution of their industry a they do with many....but this is a NewDay.

very interesting comment and entertaining to read.

but on a factual level the dinosaurs didnt go extinct due to failure to evolve.
they got wiped out due to a planet altering asteroid/comet hitting us and changing the environment so radically that almost all life was wiped out.
no amount of "modern electric car" would have saved them or most other life.

Im sorry but that example is quite silly .

but to be fair I see your point about adapting or your industry goes out.
a better example may have been sears vs amazon

scrounger

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Hello Edumakated,

I am with your opinion but:

A new gas tank for your Touareg costs not more than 200$ (140€ actually). Someone tried to pull you over the desk..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join