It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria's Secret's stores are doomed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The problem is that manufacturers have to set a standard to mass produce to.

Just this morning I bought a set of Quiksilver board shorts for my kiddo. It costs more, but they make an 8S size that fits his length *and* his waist, so it was worth the extra money. He's still at a 22" waist for his height where most of his age range are pushing 24", so it's hard to buy him clothing.
edit on 2-3-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Everyone knows Americans are too fat.

This VS thing is probably more related to tha Amazon'ing of the economy.

Retail has been decimated across the board.

Nobody I know still buys VS for a reason, and Amazon isn't it.

Most of their stock is simply not worth the prices they want. I've had formerly devout VS friends decry it as having transformed into overpriced Fruit of the Loom-level goods (that's the furthest possible thing from a compliment when it comes to bra quality)

I've had several of their bras, and really, they're not that special. They wear out way too quickly for the cost, and frankly, poor design and poor materials is what's going to sink them. Not Amazon.

I always love your honestly.

Yep! Anyone still praising VS - - must not have bought anything from them in the last 10 years.

Their quality has tanked. They're trying to live off their name.

And - - as far as Macy's goes - - they try to appease the masses. I'm 72 and I think most of their stuff is shapeless and frumpy.

I do end up going to the teen dept in most stores. It's the only clothes with any style.

I do diet and work out so I can wear fun clothes. I don't blame it on the clothes.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The problem is that manufacturers have to set a standard to mass produce to.

Just this morning I bought a set of Quiksilver board shorts for my kiddo. It costs more, but they make an 8S size that fits his length *and* his waist, so it was worth the extra money. He's still at a 22" waist for his height where most of his age range are pushing 24", so it's hard to buy him clothing.

The good thing about brand names is they tend to be consistent in size.

So, when you find something that fits - - you can go online and buy more.

Back in 1958 I shot up to 5' 7" as a 12 year old. I learned to sew.

Sure wish I'd had the internet back then.
edit on 2-3-2019 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Yeah, well, I've been losing weight too, and let me tell you, even when I get down to ideal weight in about 7 more pounds, I won't be shopping for size 4. I doubt I'll be shopping for size 6, but I'm tall with a large frame. Even when I was at my skinniest and weighed under 120, I was still in size 7.

So, maybe it has less to do with catering to larger women in the overweight sense and more to do with you having a very petite frame.

That being said, I think there are quite a few women in my size range because I have a hard time finding size 8s anywhere. I can find 10s and 6s, but not 8s.

And to elaborate, I think it's just a universal thing that women, no matter our size and shape, have trouble finding things that fit us when we go shopping. That's because mass produced clothing is made to fit some other woman with some mass produced body type that most of us are not.

Nobody cares about the guys. Boo.

I can't find a pair of 34/36 jeans anywhere but online. Never have so I've always dealt with it.

I'm hard to fit as well. When find a good pair of jeans that fits, I usually buy two or three pairs. I'm a 36 waist typically. 33 inseam. However, I need more space in butt and crotch area and most jeans are simply too tight for me. If I go up to a 38, they are usually too loose. My thighs and calves are also somewhat muscular.

I like Mott & Bow. They aren't too expensive and they will send you 2 sizes. Just keep the pair you want. Send the other size back free.

The whole skinny jean fad has really screwed me as it is very hard to find good sizing for a "real man". I don't have a soy boy build.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
To clarify lest anyone think Ed has a BBW fetish...lol.

I like women with some meat on their bones meanin they have curves. Think Beyonce or J Lo... maybe Amber Rose. Not rail thin like a typical super model. My wife is 5'8 and probably 135-145. Very athletic build but plenty of curves. Think out of shape track star. Flat stomach, but no bulging Abs (yuck on a woman).

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Why? Because most women need to go look
at sizing in real life especially for bras. Only after underwear fits right can you buy the exact same one online.

*has brilliant idea for house call business*

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't think they have much in Asia to fit me, since I am 6'3", 210lbs and have size 13 feet lol.so in the interests of equity :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: Annee

I don't think they have much in Asia to fit me, since I am 6'3", 210lbs and have size 13 feet lol.so in the interests of equity :-)

Cheers - Dave

You sound like my kind of man.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I never understood the fashion world's obsession with scrawny women... maybe it is cultural, but being a black guy, I like my women with some meat on their bones. Need something I can hold on to and a little jiggle going on. I ain't saying they need to be obese but most guys I know like voluptuous women.

These rail thin, bobble headed women with no as* look sickly to me. Look like they might get broke in two after a good romp in the bedroom.

Ya but today's voluptous is easily 30-50 pounds heavier than even 20 years ago.

Most guys actually disagree with you entirely on this topic...when it comes down to it we want fitness girls that can be abit thick..but if you over 150 pounds things are being taken abit far unless they 5'10 and up.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Could just lose weight rapidly... by stop eating like an ethopian or something.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm not that great at math, but if 68% of women are size 14 and above (and growing) and a store doesn't sell plus sizes, what is going to happen?

Some garments should just not be made In plus sizes.

And that's 95% of Victoria's secret stuff

They should rather go bankrupt then let men eyes suffer .

On a side note. Dont forget about your health. Democrats and the PC like to be proud of everything even If you are over weight and unhealthy.

Just try not to ignore science and realize that the people saying it's ok are not looking out for your future well being and health.

They are like junkies. If it feels good do it now and do it proud

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
VS supports the objectification of Females making them sex symbols. That supports the rape culture and the white male privilege narrative. Woman only shop at VS in order to please the male sexual drive. Its a brick in the patriarchy wall.

Just Kidding....however.....someone somewhere probably believes that load of tripe.

I could care less if my significant other shopped and wore VS clothing or Target Brand Clothing or no clothing (better option).

Turning the argument into a fat vs. skinny woman narrative is rubbish.

Just because they make a bikini in a size 54 doesn't many it should be worn. Same goes for lingerie. However, to each their own.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Has a lot more do to than just obesity...Malls dead insane amounts of women addicted to phones.. Crazy politics that is out of control...To many women in news now overload...Trangenders males pretending to be women in sports easily winning all the sporting events..Literally feeding us BS propaganda 24/7 on TV and the new smart gadgets.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Edumakated
I never understood the fashion world's obsession with scrawny women... maybe it is cultural, but being a black guy, I like my women with some meat on their bones. Need something I can hold on to and a little jiggle going on. I ain't saying they need to be obese but most guys I know like voluptuous women.

These rail thin, bobble headed women with no as* look sickly to me. Look like they might get broke in two after a good romp in the bedroom.

Ya but today's voluptous is easily 30-50 pounds heavier than even 20 years ago.

Most guys actually disagree with you entirely on this topic...when it comes down to it we want fitness girls that can be abit thick..but if you over 150 pounds things are being taken abit far unless they 5'10 and up.

I think everyone has a different idea of what rail thin is.

Girls come in different heights and different frame sizes. A small framed girl is going to start looking chubby faster than a large framed one, especially as she stretches up in height -- thinner bones, narrower shoulders and hips, etc.

A wide framed girl is going to look thin for longer. She just has more space to hang all that meat.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join