It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 376
<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
The American military do waste money on fantasy. Back in 2002 Las Vegas physicist Eric Davis, current hero of UFO fans everywhere, was paid $25,000 by the U.S. Air Force Research Lab to discuss the scientific possibilities of teleportation in a small 88 page paper. Yep! It's complete utter useless junk and Eric only wrote a few pages anyway. Nice work if you can get it.

Star Trek fans may be happy to hear that the Air Force has paid to study psychic teleportation.
But scientists aren't so thrilled.

The Air Force Research Lab's August "Teleportation Physics Report," posted earlier this week on the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) Web site, struck a raw nerve with physicists and critics of wasteful military spending.

In the report, author Eric Davis says psychic teleportation, moving yourself from location to location through mind powers, is "quite real and can be controlled." The 88-page report also reviews a range of teleportation concepts and experiments:

█ Quantum teleportation, a technique demonstrated in the last decade that shifts the characteristics, but not the location, of sub-atomic particles at great distances.

█ Wormholes, a highly theoretical possibility whereby the intense gravitational field near black holes could rip open entrances to distant locales.

█ Psychokinesis, or psychic teleportation. In support of the idea, the report cites UFO reports, Soviet and Chinese studies of psychics and U.S. military studies of spoon-bending phenomena.

"It is in large part crackpot physics," says physicist Lawrence Krauss of Case Western Reserve University, author of The Physics of Star Trek, a book detailing the physical limits that prevent teleportation. He describes the Air Force report as "some things adapted from reasonable theoretical studies, and other things from nonsensical ones."

Some experts have long criticized what they see as a military sweet tooth for junk science. A "remote viewing" project, for example, undertaken by defense intelligence services and declassified in 1994, sought to see whether psychic powers could be employed to spy on the Soviet Union. The teleportation report "raises questions of scientific quality control at the Air Force," the FAS' Steven Aftergood says.

Davis, a physicist with Warp Drive Metrics of Las Vegas, couldn't be reached for comment. The Air Force paid $25,000 for the report, part of a $20.5 million advanced rocket and missile design contract. The report calls for $7.5 million to conduct psychic teleportation experiments.

"The views expressed in the report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy of the Air Force, the Department of Defense or the U.S. Government," says an Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) statement sent to USA TODAY. "There are no plans by the AFRL Propulsion Directorate for additional funding on this contract."

Explaining why the lab sponsored the study, AFRL spokesman Ranney Adams said, "If we don't turn over stones, we don't know if we have missed something."

Sources : USA Today Nov 5th 2004

Source : fas.org...

So why did Eric get paid so much for writing a short science fiction like?

The answer is probably that it's a way of paying him back for services rendered elsewhere. He's one of Bigelow's Vegas UFO Mob. They want people to keep chasing aliens whilst they carry on doing whatever it is they really do.

Teleportation is a fantasy? Lol I have no words

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Questions like;

What was Bigelow Aerospace actually for?
Was it a channel to direct other funds and projects through?
Was Bigelow Aerospace essentially a Shell company considering the reported day to day running of its "Operations"?
Why did he buy out and raid Mufons files?
His Motivations for doing so, with government contract money?
What was that data used for?

Something stinks and it isn't the by now mouldy "cookies and ice cream".

BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, is on the International Space Station right now.

They, NASA that is, seem to put a lot of value in BEAM in researching and developing technology to deep space exploration and missions to Mars. What do they know, right.

Cookies and ice cream. Puthoff is a con man. The Aviary.

This is what NASA has to say about it. www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Bigelow couldn't compete with Musk and Bezos, real billionaires, who came into the aerospace loaded with cash.

Or maybe the aliens took away Bigelows green card.

Musk was not a billionaire when he started SpaceX and came very close to bankrupting himself while developing Falcon 1.

Hopefully tomorrow his company will send astronauts to the ISS and I have full confidence that within the next two decades SpaceX, and others, will establish a colony on Mars. Thus fulfilling Musks' stated goal of making humanity a multiplanetary species.

Starship is going to be a real game changer and basically make all other spacecraft in use or in development obsolete.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublant

Nasa had been looking at the prospect of this form of habitat since the 1960s and developed "TransHub". Nasa created and patented the idea in the first place. It was cancelled by Congress in 2000 and Bob bought up the rights/patent to it.

Not alot to show for decades in business...not even his idea in the first place. Question is that considering Bigelow Aerospace is now out of business, who will take over the reigns of its future?

These conmen all surrounded Bigelow too...easy money or something else?

My previous questions still stand..

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
At some point we have to recognise "it" all takes real time and money...and when the end result isn't proportionate to the input- with so many obvious sanity checks omitted - alternative theories become worthy of consideration.

I get the theory proposed- but when we actually have the benefit of hindsight to measure success (so far)- it makes no sense.

I absolutely and utterly agree but there also appears to have been, at least in the past, a great deal of 'what ifs...' going on and beliefs being pandered to. Great things of course can be and have been accomplished when we "dare to dream" so there is also an element of that that must be taken into consideration. Some 'crack-pot' theories have led to extraordinary discoveries. All this combines to the feeling of 'can we afford not to' just incase.

Have you ever read this...

www.cia.gov...

It's an extraordinary document and one, with the power of hind-sight, we know was taken very seriously by some and by others seriously enough to at least give those other individuals some support and lee-way to 'do their thing'. When nothing was yielded of military use those individuals were sent back to their day jobs and left with 'hobbies'. That same document though points to other Soviet 'paranormal' research that obviously would and is yeilding military benefits. You can, in retrospect, see how the wheat was seperated from the chaff, taking the esoteric to the exoteric, while some mysteries remain mysteries and others are out and out deception.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The Soviet blok put a lot of resources and faith in paranormal activities than the US.The US gov had a lot of paranoia about the Red Plague during the Cold War..

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

And this.

www.amazon.com...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout
Have you ever read this...

www.cia.gov...
I just read it.

That same document though points to other Soviet 'paranormal' research that obviously would and is yeilding military benefits.
Such as?

You can, in retrospect, see how the wheat was seperated from the chaff, taking the esoteric to the exoteric, while some mysteries remain mysteries and others are out and out deception.
I could use some help in understanding what you mean, what "wheat"? I see plenty of "chaff".

It looks like there are some redactions on pages 58, 59 and some other pages, white rectangles with black outlines where maybe some text was covered up, or if not I don't know why the rectangles are there. I'm not that curious about names and addresses when those are redacted, but those rectangles look like they could represent some substantial paragraphs redacted, if it is redaction.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I guess that gas-guzzling, slow rocket ship they sent up to the space station as an example the PTB taking ET home.

Bezos, Musk, and our friend Bigelow, nor NASA can’t hole ETs jockstrap in space

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I guess that gas-guzzling, slow rocket ship they sent up to the space station as an example the PTB taking ET home.

Bezos, Musk, and our friend Bigelow, nor NASA can’t hole ETs jockstrap in space

SpaceX was founded 18 years ago by a 30 year old who had come to the US less than decade before with basically a laptop computer and a backpack full of clothes. Now they've sent two astronauts to the ISS with reusable rockets and with a reusable capsule that can fuction fully autonomously all the way to the ISS. In a few years they'll send paying customers around the moon and are well on their way planning first unmanned missions to Mars. Their goal always has been and continues to be, to have a viable colony on Mars by 2050.

So no, SpaceX can't send ET home or make the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, but what you are witnessing is the birth of a real world version of Weyland-Yutani Corporation. ( - the xenomorphs hopefully )

Speaking of NASA (and ESA & CSA ), if everything goes according to plan, next spring they'll launch the James Webb Space Telescope to L2, where it should be abel to see exoplanets.

I've been frustrated like most others with what and how NASA has been doing for the past couple of decades, but things are moving and progressing!

I'm still not convinced Bezos is serious about Blue Origin, but with his resources, I really hope he is.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

SpaceX was founded 18 years ago by a 30 year old who had come to the US less than decade before with basically a laptop computer and a backpack full of clothes.

I am a big fan of Musk and his endeavors, but let us not get carried away with a pauper-turned-tech prince-American Dream narrative; Musk matriculated through university programs in South Africa and Canada before making his way to Stanford (and/or CalTech), immersed himself in Silicon Valley — elbowing his way to the front of the stage as founder/cofounder of several successful startups — and eventually brought us SpaceX.

Musk doesn’t need additional hyperbole to characterize and chronicle his success.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This would be a perfect time for an anonymous person to leak a classified video on to ATS in the midst of Global Riots and a Pandemic Scourge....

I know you are out there reading this.... please release the videos...

Thank-you.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

SpaceX was founded 18 years ago by a 30 year old who had come to the US less than decade before with basically a laptop computer and a backpack full of clothes.

I am a big fan of Musk and his endeavors, but let us not get carried away with a pauper-turned-tech prince-American Dream narrative; Musk matriculated through university programs in South Africa and Canada before making his way to Stanford (and/or CalTech), immersed himself in Silicon Valley — elbowing his way to the front of the stage as founder/cofounder of several successful startups — and eventually brought us SpaceX.

Musk doesn’t need additional hyperbole to characterize and chronicle his success.

Was something in your reply meant to contradict what I wrote?

Musk was at Stanford for two days before dropping out to start Zip2.

The point was and is to show where technology is and how it's progressing. AI, interplanetary HSF, colonies on other celestial bodies. industrial activity on moon and asteroids ( Bezos' BO is really focusing on this ) and many other great things are coming in the next 30 - 40 years.

Just because we don't have antigravity and hyperdrive, doesn't mean future isn't coming at us fast.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Need I remind you or anyone else of the penalties and legal consequences for obtaining, receiving and wilful distribution of classified materials is quite severe.

There is a right way and a wrong way of doing things...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Jail time perhaps..

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Did they though? That document is 45 years old, we can read it and look at how the 'intelligence' it provides panned-out and how it progressed in the USSR (and beyond to the present), or rather how it did not. One of the sources quoted is an article from the National Enquirer, how do you think that 'intelligence' stood the test of time? Given that some of the experiments that the Soviets were supposedly carrying out were very similar to those conducted by the US during MK Ultra. MK Ultra was supposedly a response to fears that they were behind the Soviets. This document clearly indicates that the Soviets were significantly behind in that respect and had probably in fact only engaged in that type of research in defense of whatever it may have been concerned that they US had learned and were developing from MK Ultra et al.

And so it goes...

The Soviet’s apparent lack of interest in out-of-the-body phenomena has led some US scientists to the conclusion that ‘they must be interested in it and investigating it,’ however, there is insufficient information at present to support the conclusion that such phenomena represent a specific area of classified Soviet research.

www.cia.gov...

...leading to John Alexander arguing for preparation for the 'psychic arms race'. And you can see the clear influence of that document on Alexander's proposals and subsequent actions. Beyond the research itself, the concern that Russia was dominating the conferencing and international discussions would have been a huge flag, and helps us to understand why that side of things in the US became riddled with spooks.

@ Baa - that's the very same text, it's free to read on the CIA site but perhaps the printed version has the redacted sections. I don't know, I've got as much out of it as I expect to, I'm not going to stump up cash.

edit on 2-6-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Such as?

Bekhterev’s original objective was to demonstrate that telepathy between man and animals was mediated by some form of electromagnetic radiation...by 1937...had concluded that no known form of EMR was the carrier of thought transmission. The EMR theory of information transfer is still unresolved by the Soviets, but is still the major basis underlying much of their research.

...Doctor Y A Kholodov has investigated the effects of a constant magnetic field (CMF) on rabbits...showed that weak magnetic as well as other externally generated radiation fields have a direct effect on nerve tissue...he feels that natural and artificial fields in man’s environment may have an influence on health and behaviour via the nervous system and the hypothalamus. Kholodov’s research is representative of current Soviet efforts to explain paranormal phenomenon on the basis of known physical and biological parameters.

www.cia.gov...

There is very little in that document regarding what the Soviets were researching that had not, at some point, been investigated and experimented with by the US defense services in the 1950s, and to an extent by the Nazis before them, what is interesting is the difference in the way the Soviets are approaching it. That's what spurs renewed interest in the US. Part of what the Soviets were doing was drawing on the indigenous traditions of shamanism as well as alchemy (and of course theosophy but that's definately chaff).

I admit, there is not a lot of wheat, it is mostly chaff but it is informative chaff. One man's wheat

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: celltypespecific

Need I remind you or anyone else of the penalties and legal consequences for obtaining, receiving and wilful distribution of classified materials is quite severe.

There is a right way and a wrong way of doing things...

This all comes back to the first leaks of the FLIR video doesn't it?

I am thefinaltheory. I was the one who originally obtained the video, the reports, and the powerpoint presentation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If this person had really acquired classified information (assuming the truth is being told here) and sent it to someone residing in Germany to publish on the Vision Unlimited website then why were they still posting about it on ATS twelve years later?

The US Navy confirmed last year that it had

"discovered certain briefing slides that are classified TOP SECRET"

[Source

Are these the same slides (reports & powerpoint presentation) that were lifted from the servers of the USS Nimitz in 2004?

If so then you would expect that US intelligence services would be actively seeking to interview anyone who had made contact with the original leaker(s) of the video and presentations. If people circle back and look at the history from that time there are still many questions that need to be answered and how the sensitive 'briefing slides' may well still be 'out there' . With people still actively trying to hunt them down.

Something isn't sitting right here is it? Are parts of or any of this 'leaked' tape story even true?

Is there more to come on this?

Probably.

edit on 2/6/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout
Thanks for the reply. Those cited passages are a case of apophenia.
Yes electromagnetic radiation EMR can have effects on people.
But there's still no evidence that EMR can send telepathic information from one person to another in a typical telepathic experiment, and a review of how EMR interacts with tissue explains how you can get "effects" but not "data" with any bandwidth. I'm not seeing "yielding military benefits" as much as apophenia here.

I admit, there is not a lot of wheat, it is mostly chaff but it is informative chaff. One man's wheat
I don't know if the Shamanism is really paranormal. I thought you might have been referring to the mention of hypnosis. Hypnosis isn't paranormal, but after briefly mentioning some non-paranormal applications of hyposis, that paper quickly got into some paranormal chaff which sounded like nonsense.

Hypnosis can have real applications, though. I was pretty impressed with Derren Brown's demonstration of a "Manchurian Candidate" he hypnotized to kill Stephen Fry. The hypnotized man was a fairly ordinary guy who didn't want to kill anyone, but he was selected after screening many candidates for his exceptional susceptibility to hypnosis.

Derren Brown: The Assassin with Stephen Fry - The Experiments

I admit, there is not a lot of wheat, it is mostly chaff but it is informative chaff.
Yes, it was an interesting read, even if it's almost all chaff, though I can't comment on what was redacted.

originally posted by: mirageman
If so then you would expect that US intelligence services would be actively seeking to interview anyone who had made contact with the original leaker(s) of the video and presentations.
Didn't they publish a report saying they were actively investigating this at one time, but due to the thousands of potential "suspects" they were never able to trace a single person and they considered the case closed?

I found that hard to reconcile with some of what was posted in the TFT thread back then, but as Isaac Koi said you go back to the same people now (like the operator of the Vision Unlimited website) and ask them the same questions and they don't give you the same answer as back then, now they have "amnesia". I take it they don't want the investigation case re-opened (if it was ever really "closed").

Are parts of or any of this 'leaked' tape story even true?
The best way to get people to believe a lie is to mix in some truth, so even if some parts are not true, I imagine some parts are true.

edit on 202062 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

In relation to;

Are these the same slides (reports & powerpoint presentation) that were lifted from the servers of the USS Nimitz in 2004?

I don't think it would matter too much if the files that NAVAIR claimed were "Top Secret" were the same files the original leaker claimed to have. In instances such as this; its the "sources & methods" of how the information was compiled that is "classified".

I am reinforcing your claim here MM; if the information that the original leaker claims was on those slides "sonic and radar data" and also "weird code names of times and locations" - it would be irrevelant if the slides were the same or different - I would imagine their classification would be very similar regardless.

Not only that, but the original leaker said they had "multiple PowerPoint presentations"....

edit on p291123202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join