It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masked Singer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
WARNING: spoiler alert

The finale aired tonight and I was utterly shocked with the results. In fact, I’m probably just going to chalk it up to millennials voting.

For those who aren’t familiar with what exactly this show is about, I’ll give a short summary.

The masked singer is a reality game show where celebrities perform in front of a panel of judges and audience disguised in costumes. Now these celebrities consisted of athletes, actors/actresses and singers. Each episode they would reveal clues about themselves along with performing a song of their choice. The judges, audience and viewers all vote.

Okay, here is where the spoiling comes, as well as my utter shock.

The one and only Gladys Knight was one of the performers. This woman is a true legend. She took 3rd place to Donny Osmund and T-pain. HOW?!

Don’t get me wrong, both Donny and T-pain were outstanding, but GLADYS KNIGHT! Is it just me or should she have placed 3rd?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LaceyGaGa

I can’t believe she didn’t win....
I had her pinned from the start and I was right but for her beautiful voice to come in third really pissed me off.
Also someone else I got right was Tpain. I knew he could sing and the story fit his also. I was truly impressed with him.

And TBH I don’t watch these type of shows but this time I figured I’d give it a chance and I love it.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
She didnt win cause shes the least marketable same with donny really. my guess is like most reality shows with judging is that the producers and whatnot have the ability to usurp the vote if its in the best interest of the show. usually there will be a disclaimer in the credits of the show saying such a thing but since i didnt follow the show i have no idea if thats really the case.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I loved the show too! I thought it was so much fun! I guessed T-pain correct too!! Him and Gladys were the only two I was right about, but I’m glad you agree that she shouldn’t have placed third.

I can’t wait for the next season! I rarely watch tv, especially reality tv. I am officially hooked to this show though. I am at least happy t-pain took 1st over Donny.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Interesting. Now I’m definitely going to have to see if there was a disclaimer. I hope that’s not the case and I fell for it. Haha

edit on 28-2-2019 by LaceyGaGa because: Spelling error

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I don’t usually watch these type
Shows, but got sucked into this one ! It was awesome !.... but I was so sad the bee - Gladys Knight took third .... and I thought the peacock ...Donny was going to win....I don’t even know who t-pain is ? But he wasn’t better then Gladys Knight . ... neither was Donny Osmond , but his showman ship was better .
edit on 28-2-2019 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I totally agree, the peacock was an amazing performer! It would have been so cool to see Gladys Knight perform. I got chills way watching her on tv. I can’t imagine being there in person.

top topics

join