It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional Support Pit Bull Dog Allowed at Airport --- Oops

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Shelter pitbulls sold to police as k9s. Fraud

Holy crap.

sruv-pitbulls.blogspot.com...

From reddit, sounds like my attack,

"douglas_p • 108d
I can't remember where I read it (maybe on dogsbite.org), but there's an essay from a guy who used to work for a police department removing dangerous dogs from homes. He said very rarely would pits ever actually give a warning before attacking, and a lot of times they would even act like they want to play."

It's an interesting thread with a pit biting a reporter.

www.reddit.com...

Wow, pit bulls like attacking women and children.

safetybeforebulldogs.blogspot.com...

A study in the 2007 American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology pointed out pit bulls are a particular problem because they usually don’t give warning signs before attacking.

“They tend not to make threatening gestures, such as snarling or baring of teeth, prior to attacking and so there may be no warning of impending aggressive behavior,” the study said. “Pit bulls also take multiple bites and have greater jaw pressures than most other dogs, reaching 1,800 pounds per square inch.”

They also attack continuously, as compared to other breeds that may just bite once. Combining all of those features with aggressive personalities and large sizes makes them “highly dangerous to children,” the study said.

“We accept that we don’t have to train a pointing dog to point,” Lynn said. “We accept that we don’t have to train a retrieving dog to retrieve.

“Why do we refuse to accept that we don’t have to train a fighting dog to fight?”

edit on 2-3-2019 by TheLorax because: Additional information

edit on 2-3-2019 by TheLorax because: Correction

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Article on what triggers a pitbull to attack.

blog.dogsbite.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

we had a rescue pitbull that was one of the most loyal and loving dogs, however, I made this mistake of getting between him and a cat and almost got my fingers chewed off.

the cat was fine but by the time he had realized it was MY fingers he was biting he already gave me a good chomp or two.

and i'm not exaggerating when i say he almost bit my fingers off, it was so bad a neighbor had to drive my gf and i to the hospital.

she was helping me keet pressure/tourniquet on my arm, she apparently heard me yelling and thought something was wrong with me and when i came bleeding profusely to the door she bacilly pushed me in her car because i was worried if i told the hospital what happened they would have called animal control.

it wasn't his fault, its in their nature to hunt small animals. they are so strong that even a very quick encounter can get severe or life threatening.

hes gone now to a good home because at the time there was kids in and out of the house all day(9 and 10 year olds) and my GF didnt want the dog around incase he bit a kid. he snapped a few times but never connected with them.

she had taken him from her ex that was very very abusive to the dog.

people always say there is no bad dog only bad owners, but you cant change what the breed was made for.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Lumenari

I know. Did you see the picture. That little girl is going to have scars.

I think the whole emotional support animal thing is being abused.

I was standing outside a restaurant and a couple drove up with out-of-state license plates. They got out and each one had a dog on a leash and went inside the restaurant. No. I don't buy it.

My wife drove to a big city near where we lived to help out at some reiki symposium or something that they were paying her for because of the stuff she does.

She has a little dog she adores, a lapdog. 8 pounds or something.

She was't allowed to take the thing because the hotel they put her up in doesn't accept pets... no big deal.

When she got there, she checked in, got unpacked wand wandered down for a salad.

There were two people there with BIG dogs on leases that were huddled up under the table.

Later, she went back up to her room and noticed that the two had a room a few doors down from hers.

Curious, she asked how they were allowed to have dogs there.

Licensed therapy dogs, they were.

I checked into it later and in that state "therapy dogs" fall under the same licensing requirements and laws as "service dogs".

The license costs 50 bucks and the requirement for it is a letter from a therapist.

The whole idea of "service dogs" has been abused to the extreme.

It really needs to be stopped.

most hotel/motels have a certain, limited number of rooms that allow animals, be they service animals or pets. you need to be sure to book in advance, specifically asking for a dog/animal room in order to get one. because like i said it is only a certain number of special rooms that allow animals. this is done because of the need to both allow people with service animals (by law) and those who have allergies to animals. and make no mistake there are people who's allergies to animals are severe and life threatening. it's just like they at least used to have (since it is now outlawed in many areas), certain special rooms that allow smoking. and only those rooms could be used for smoking in. (and you have to be careful since they will nail you hundreds of dollars for "special deep cleaning", if there is the slightest smell of cigarettes, whether you actually smoked in it or not. i have been nailed for that when all i did was throw some cigarette buts in the garbage can).

when it comes to air travel, they should have an even breakdown of flights that are likewise, animal allowable, and non animal (including any service dogs). again just like with hotel rooms to protect those with legitimate service animals, as well as those who are allergic to animals. since aircraft air systems are not at all good at dealing with allergens ever since they stopped allowing smoking on flights. in one airplane at the end of the flight (thank God), someone at least 7 rows ahead of me and on the other side of the aircraft put on perfume, which caused me a sever headache and breathing problems (scents also need to be banned from public aircraft). and at airports animals should have special waiting areas away from public areas to wait in and be taken to the aircraft. or if they actually had animal/no animal flights, the terminals could be set up so that one area is strictly for flights allowing animals, and the other not allowing them. and if they were to do so they could also put in special seating areas when the animal has a crate type set up so that in the event of emergency the animal would be kept safe just like the humans.

and while many so called "emotional support animals" are in fact fraudulent and not needed. there are some who are in fact needed. i have a close relative who needs one. without their animal in crowd situations and unfamiliar areas especially they can not function. yet with their animal they function pretty much just like everyone else. so at least some of them are legitimate. and unlike a service animal who has to actually do things, other than just being there, almost any animal the person feels attached to will do. but they should officially limit just what breeds and types of animal are acceptable. no "emotional support raptors" for example. and quite frankly Pitbull type dogs due to their well known issues should definitely be banned, or at the very least be required to wear a proper muzzle at all times when out in public.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: subfab

I don't want to start posting news clips of pit bull killings. There are many, but it stirs up arguments with those that think pits are the absolute best ever sweetest greatest smartest breed everrr.

But, last year I read about a little 2-yr. old that was killed by a pit bull pet. I'm going by memory of the article. The mother had just driven up into the driveway. I think she had been grocery shopping or something. She had taken the child out of her car seat and put her in the yard. Someone opened the front door of the house and the family pet, a pit bull, came bounding out of the house, attacked the child, and killed her. They could not get the dog off the child before the dog had killed him/her. The mom was screaming and pulling, but to no avail. (Can't remember if it was a boy or girl.)

Take your chances? 7 out of 10 times, your pit will be the absolute best ever sweetest greatest smartest dog you have ever seen.

The "7 out of 10 times" part is a dead giveaway that you're an alarmist/hoaxer.

This thread is full of "experts" and "knowledge."

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm sure there are many many "sweet" pits....but, there is a reason they are banned in some cities and apartment buildings require an extra deposit.

Yes that reason is ignorance on behalf of many.

Most of the time when a pit mauls somebody or some other animal, the owner always says, "but, he has never shown aggressiveness. He's the sweetest dog I have ever owned. I just don't understand."

there is the ignorance in question from one part.

Owners of Dogs that have the ability to kill should know that society is diverse, many just don't know how to act around or approach animals so its the owners responsibility to know better.

If I had to sit next to someone on an airplane with an emotional support pit bull, I would be very nervous.

Sorry but I really don't think commercial flights allow this.

The dog can travel but must be in the storage compartment not in the cabin with the passengers.

If international quarantine for a few weeks before and after is required for the dog.

edit: it seems that airlines do allow this as far as the article states.

WOW, I cant believe airlines would be that stupid, certainly it cant be all just a few airlines, that is insane and must be something recent like in the last few years, this was unheard of in the past, dogs allowed on commercial flights with passengers, even seeing eye dogs I believe weren't allowed in passenger compartments in the past.

there is too much wrong with this.
edit on 3-3-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
There is something wrong with people who seek out pit bulls as pets.

there is something wrong with many people.

reading your post with 11 stars and there is evidence of 12 persons with something very wrong with them in my opinion.

Ignorance.

Pit Bull isn't an actual breed but lets not let facts get in the way when venting our anger.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I know a few people that think like this. But, to me, it's like saying that if you make a choice NOT to walk through a gang-infested area of some inner city hell hole at midnight, you are nothing but a racist pig.

Oh please shall we quote what you said in your OP and many other posts about the "breed"

not the individual dogs that do the attacks

SO yes, your view about breeds is just like you hating a person because their skin colour or because they come from a from a certain part of the world.

Or are you saying the gang infested hell holes and those that live there are all the same colour or from the same country and not one other person in the area is different, if so then yes you are racist.

They double down till the prey is dead. That is in their breeding....period.

you have said this twice now,

am I missing something

the article about girl attacked is dead and that pic is an autopsy photo?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How many people have died from Dachshund attacks? Where's the common sense here?

why don't you answer,

a person made a ignorant statement about aggressiveness and then another corrected them.

Here In Australia the most aggressive dog meaning the dogs that are most likely to bite are Dalmatians.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLorax

What the f*** is wrong with people, advocating for pitbulls on planes? No difference to Pedophiles in Politics I guess.

Would totality agree if its just dogs and not a specific breed.

flights on a plane would require specialized training like a dog not to react to gun fire.

Its that simple.

any dog will chase, children running around the neighborhood,

unless a dog is trained not to react and when asked to react will do so for play only and not its instinctual chase and attack requires training specially for that, some will be easier due to their breeding but any dog needs specialized training for certain situations.

This needs to be done in its developmental stages of life as later on its still possible but not as predicable as if the dog is trained and socialized at a young age.

edit on 3-3-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Small dogs hurt more people every year than this breed.....

That's because they're rodents.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
staffys are the best ESA for people, best dogs ever! , y all they need is love.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join