It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional Support Pit Bull Dog Allowed at Airport --- Oops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Poor kid.

Are emotional support dogs supposed to be muzzled in crowded areas?

No but dangerous/aggressive dogs are...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Pitties arent any different than any other dog. They have a personality and that mixes with how they are trained by their owners and their owners behavoirs.

They arent magical. They're just dogs

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I’ve seen supposed pitbull support dogs get aggressive with other dogs just sitting with their owners; clearly the aggressive pits owner was lying.

There was also an incident of a pitbull chasing all of the kids in my neighborhood once. The pitbull actually jumped on a kids back; luckily, he was saved by the maintenance men. The idiots who owned that dog were evicted. Of course they swore the pitbull was the nicest dog.

I really don’t understand why people think it’s a good idea to own a pitbull when you live in an apt. Most apts won’t allow it due to lawsuits and insurance companies failing to cover them if such a dog is on the property, why do you suppose that is?

The poster who stated they became popular during the rise of rap is correct.

We as a society have allowed music to become vulgar and foul, people to find loopholes to keep their support pit bulls, which can easily be done on the internet through fraudulent means.

I believe all pit bulls should have to be muzzled when out in public. I always think what an idiot when I see some dumbass trying to physically contain their pits from going after people while they are out jogging with them. Keep them away from other people if you can fools.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm on the board of a couple of non profits and we do not allow ESA's at all. Signs everywhere but people still try and still have fits. The best is when a screaming lawyer calls and at the end I tell him he's not smart enough to be a real lawyer. 2 times to court, won both and counter sued for lawyers fees and won.

PEOPLE LEAVE YOUR CRITTERS AT HOME!!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
I really don’t understand why people think it’s a good idea to own a pitbull when you live in an apt.

Back in my day, the people that had dogs got them for their kids, and they lived on a large lot with a big back yard for the dogs to roam. I too don't understand all these single people who live in tiny apartments and just have to have dogs.
I call them members of the DOG CULT.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

What about muh Emotional Support Nematodes?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
According to the American Kennel Club and Canadian Kennel Club, there is no such thing as a pit bull as they are generally considered to be a mixed breed of some sort of bulldog crossed with a breed traditionally used for fighting. The American Stafford-shire Terrier however is and with an inexperienced handler can be a handful.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have a canister of pepper spray I carry with me when I'm out in public. It's aroma therapy for me.

I also carry a cane. it's my support stick, to help me bear the arthritis.

And lastly, I carry a browning .40. it's my emotional support technology... allows me to compensate for having a small penis.

"It's not the implement, it's the owner."

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

If a dog bit me then its probably because I done something to annoy it !

I've owned dogs all my life , even been bitten by my own dogs , because I annoyed them as a kid, as kids do , pull their tails etc
but I never once thought I wanted the dog put down, I just thought what did I do wrong there, how could have I avoided the dog snapping at me , well maybe I shouldnt have wrestled it or pulled its tail too hard or tried to steal its bone when it was eating etc. Im not saying it was the kids fault , but dogs dont just bite you for no reason.

Dogs are animals and animals will let you know that you have done something to annoy them especially dogs, dogs are great judges of human emotion and psychology!
They have only spent the last 10-20,000 years watching our faces and bodies in order to understand and survive along side us!

AS others have said, banning all dogs because one dog bites a kid is stupid.
it's a shame the kid got bitten , maybe all involved just need to be more conscious and aware of their surroundings.
I also think its unfair to place a dog in a highly stressful environment like a airport terminal , unless they have been trained to be around large numbers of people and in loud environments with multiple stimuli !

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Todays memo after reading this and posting on it from HR no emotional support animals allowed. Service dogs only allowed long term upon approval.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Let me start by saying I think that breed should be allowed to go the way of the dodo bird.

I don't think they should be allowed on airplanes, in restaurants, or other closed-in public areas. Am I over-reacting?

Nope.

There's a ton of well behaved ones out there. But as long as there are Pits or pit types or any other dogs which have a propensity towards fighting, there will be yet another breed which dog-fighters use. As long as there are men who measure their toughness by how well their dog does in the ring...there will be violent dogs or dogs trained and bred to be violent.

I'm fine with most other breeds; Pits are too unpredictable IMO. As far as petting a strange dog: no child should be permitted to pet a strange dog without their parent or guardian right there (within a foot or two.) And any handler should be able to recognize signs that their dog is stressed and might not want to be petted by a stranger.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

No they're responsible for the most attacks per year. Far from it. Google is your friend.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Children, especially toddlers, can throw themselves down on the ground or floor and pitch an almighty temper tantrum sometimes, especially if they are tired or cross. They are usually naturally drawn to animals, and if they have been around dogs, all dogs are probably cuddle-bunnies to them.

People first, animals second.

If one takes a pit bull into an airport for "emotional support", they should know that young children might do what young children do. If your dog is trigger-prone and loud child shreeks or sudden temper tantrums or crying might set him off, then you deserve to be sued to high heavens.

That little girl will probably have scars for the rest of her life because some dimwit chose to bring a known unpredictable breed to a public area where babies, toddlers, and young children are doing what human youngsters do.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sounds like the kid needs to stop being a little bich, otherwise they're going to be reliant on their pet their whole life.
Leave the dog with someone who can look after it and get the kid a teddy bear during the holiday.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Pit bulls as some of the most gentle caring dogs out there. I can list 10 breeds with more violent track records. It's human hands that make them violent. Your personal experiences don't change that fact.

Now the moron who has an emotional support pit bull. Likely they had it for personal protection and they lied about it's purpose. Do we blame the dog or the owner?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi read the article and don't see what happened. How did the kid get within 3 feet of the dog? If the owner is already in a heightened state of emotion just by being out in Public/traveling etc. The dog will be working pretty hard to watch for the owner's needs.

Had a large dog with painful hips if everyone approached her from the front she was fine. Appear behind and touch her and she'd jump out of her skin and snap/bark. why? because you scared the crap out of her and she was perfectly fine once she knew you were there.

Nobody on here knows what happened only the result. Did the kid parent stand on the dog/ fall on it kick it / did the dog break free and sprint across the forecourt to bite the kid? You don't know. Always like to change the article word "Dog" to something else. Then see if tarring a WHOLE SUBSET based on the actions of the 1 make sense. Try AMERICAN for instance

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

Pit bulls, and actually the dog is an American Staffordshire Terrier, but "Pit Bull mauls child" triggers the ignorant, are wonderful animals. Extremely smart, friendly and loyal.

I agree, the whole emotional support animal thing is nonsense. But that lady should be put down, not the dog.

OMG what is going on, you made a statement I actually agree with, is the sky falling or something, nibiru maybe...
edit on 28-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
a reply to: blueman12

No they're responsible for the most attacks per year. Far from it. Google is your friend.

Dachshunds are responsible for the most attacks per year and are named the most aggressive dogs.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've developed an irrational fear of flying in the last 10 years, it's serious and a little embarrassing, but I get on with it. Like an adult. I have a friend who travels quite a bit and brings her small schnauzer with her, has an "emotional support" note from her doctor even though she has no issues. She doesn't want her dog in a kennel in the cargo hold, and she doesn't want to pay the fee to have him fly as such. There's the problem.

Service animals should always be an exception but this emotional support nonsense has to stop.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How many people have died from Dachshund attacks? Where's the common sense here?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join