It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 2-year-old Picasso is taking the art world by storm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Hope the money is going to her college fund, or else the whole situation is messed up.

If that was my kid it would be going to my Pappy Van Winkle/Lambo fund.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen.. May I present to you, some Real Art.

Cost when created: $100
Cost today: over $9,000,000

I give you, soup.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What a load of Pollocks.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If they can get the "experts" to appraise the young Picasso's work at a high value, just think what the insurance payout could be if it suddenly got messed up or ruined in an accident of some kind.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Hope the money is going to her college fund, or else the whole situation is messed up.

If that was my kid it would be going to my Pappy Van Winkle/Lambo fund.

Pappy is great for teething issues.

Also, if you have a lambo, they'll never be late for school...

Both sound investments.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I came into this thread with the exact same thoughts, only later saw who opened it.

Either way, I just imagine a whole bunch of hipster/high society type adults walking around a room filled with toddler smears sipping expensive wine, trying to convince everyone that they super duper appreciate the art. Also they're all really smart...

Exactly. This is why you can not just enjoy a coffee without some full bearded man bun type marveling about the citrus tree that might have grown near to the coffee plantage...south of it... and it is old...

Total out of touch with reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Usually I'd say to each their own with art. If someone has money and wants to buy art, it makes no difference to me.

It just makes me sad when people make a construct and expectations of a two year old.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
People are dumb.

I agree.
Now if a two year old was gifted or a four year old was gifted with an amazing art skill or something like to it. That would have probably blown my mind away but this is ridicules.

edit on 27-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Some people with too much money and not enough sense will buy anything if somebody tells them it's cool.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The art market thrives on novelty and bs. All children are born artists, it's something we actually train ourselves out of doing as we grow older. An artist too young to explain their own work is the perfect candidate for gallery owners to gush on about it's artistic qualities. Some of it is artistic, but it is not art. Art as a product requires more in terms of studies and forethought as well as a conscious use of the elements of design to create a desired effect.

The question always arises how much "help" did they receive from parents?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Some people with too much money and not enough sense will buy anything if somebody tells them it's cool.

Art is usually bought as an investment when we're talking about the major galleries.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Oh My God... I saw the first couple works and was like, "interesting ... pained... poignant... who IS this artist, really? No way it's a friggan toddler!"

And then I saw that sublime composition in tan and hand. Blown a-way.

I am changed... transformed and transfigured.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What if I told you that all of this "art" is simply a way to launder money? Or better yet a way to dodge taxes?

It is the only reason any of this makes sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I'll probably get some (maybe a lot of) flack for saying it, but I think we've really lowered the bar on what can be called art these days. It's an insult to those who have spent years perfecting their skills and have natural talent.

One example I can think of is Rauschenberg's three canvases painted entirely white. You will never convince me that is art. "Well, it makes you think." Yes. It makes me think the art world is much like the tale of The Emperor's New Clothes.

So many these days say "Art can be anything that makes you feel something". Everything makes someone feel something so by that definition everything is art and everyone's an artist. If we held the same standards to other professions anyone could grab a dental drill and call themselves a dentist (or a dentiste).

Art has largely devolved into gimmicks celebrated by those who have lots of money and much less sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Reminds me of when they let elephants, horses or dogs paint. Which is to say it looks like shizz.

IDK, for a Elephant I don't think there all that bad are they? For sure better than your average Bear. The Elephant could probably give the kid some pointers.

I don't think Pablo would have been to thrilled about having that kids work compared to his, bit of a stretch if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

They've been trained to paint those, it isn't some form of abstraction. If you watch the videos of the animals painting you'll see their mahout guiding them through the process.

Hopefully someone was pulling on Baby Picasso's ear just like the elelphants to get her to paint.

edit on 28-2-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

yeh its nice colours that is all nothing special

pretentious art institutes love to fawn over stuff like this , thing is there are probably millions of toddlers on earth in nursery finger painting as we speak with similar results!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It can not be healthy for the little guy.

That is my main concern, what other people do with their money, I could care less. Who am I to judge.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Imagine having all that privilege as a 2 year old.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Imagine having all that privilege as a 2 year old.

Not the world I live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join