It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia: From Convicts to Crybabies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Do your toilets flow backwards?

Nope but they do flush twice as good as american toilets. Much more sophisticated with two buttons and extra doodads inside the reseviors. Pain in the ass to service but they do work heaps better.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

You sound like my buddy John that lives out in the bush up in Melbourne! I was just trying to make light of whats probably a sensitive subject there mate. Sorry for being a smartass

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I take in what you were saying but this was an emergency.

Hutch doesn't like pineapple on his pizza. He wanted a supreme. I can only proffer my solution to him. You may note I didn't suggest BBQ sauce.

I would like a rabbit pizza one day! Crikey, I may be onto something. You saw it here first on ATS.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You sound like my buddy John that lives out in the bush up in Melbourne! I was just trying to make light of whats probably a sensitive subject there mate. Sorry for being a smartass

Wha! Mate, it's fine. If anyone was takin the pizz it was me.

lol

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Give us back some slack to make outdoors more interesting to the young folk.

The outdoors is interesting as you well know and luckily i got the boys to be more than interested in fishing and crabbing not that we have been out as you know . Story . My youngest rings me to go halves in a lizard tank , not a big fan of confining something like a lizard but i thought hell yes when do we do catch one ( bearded dragon ) . Nope its easier to buy one . Mind you catching one was slightly illegal even back in my day . Those day are gone for the most part but it would be nice to show the kids how to find a lizard , catch yabbies or spot a koala but i guess facebook is more important .

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

To go yabbie fishing in NSW you have to have a fishing licence if you are over 16. Can you believe that.

Hence I stocked my dams with yabbies, and perch and cough..ahem,,bass. Young fellas prefer the video.

They will be leaving home soon. One to Brisbane and the young one to Darwin. Being of age, I get a free fishing licence so Woo Hoo. Off to the coast each week.

Bally

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

So being laid back means supporting classification laws enforced by old prudes?

You might want to look up prude as im sure it wasn't the word you were looking for . Myself , well im fine with sex and nudity , jeez we had number 96 back in the 70s . How young do we let our kids play a game where killing is the norm and you get rewarded for it . You tell me .
edit on 27-2-2019 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

HA ha , south Aus doesn't need permits for most fishing yet , crayfish you do but not much else as far as i know . Edit .Crayfish you need a licence and register your pots 3 max i think .
edit on 27-2-2019 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

HA ha , south Aus doesn't need permits for most fishing yet , crayfish you do but not much else as far as i know .

Yeah but,,,um,,,you guys,,just,,well,

"MAY YER PIZZA BE COVERED IN PINEAPPLES ALL THE WAY TO THE ROOF OF YER HUMPY!!!!"

Snort, chuckle, chortle LOL

bally

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

So being laid back means supporting classification laws enforced by old prudes?

You might want to look up prude as im sure it wasn't the word you were looking for . Myself , well im fine with sex and nudity , jeez we had number 96 back in the 70s . How young do we let our kids play a game where killing is the norm and you get rewarded for it . You tell me .

I'm clearly not arguing that ratings aren't useful, I'm pointing out the clear level of prudishness and overreaction to violence that Australian regulatory bodies display when compared to the rest of the western world. But it's good to see my "laid back" fellow Australians are more than willing to impede the rights of adults above 18 with the desire to play adult games. I guess you're also in full support of our privacy being fully compromised and freedom of speech being trampled? Wouldn't want people like Icke saying unpleasant things now would we.

And for those pointing out they live in the bush as if that means something, well I also live in a very rural area and I have most of my life. One of my most fond memories back when I was like 14 or 15 years old was with my step-dad and we spent the night making a massive blade, shaping and sharpening it ourselves. Don't be mistaken, these invasive laws will eventually get to you in some way, especially if you just shrug it off and act like it'll never affect you. I mean really, what kind of person besides a cry baby thinks a knife ban makes sense...
edit on 27/2/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

There seems to be an all out effort to push vaccinations lately, and Icke probably got caught in the crossfire.

You thread is a timely reminder of the steps taken by our overlords in curtailing our freedoms.

Where will it end?

en.wikipedia.org...

In September 2012 Conroy stated:

"The regulation of telecommunications powers in Australia is exclusively federal. That means I am in charge of spectrum auctions, and if I say to everyone in this room 'if you want to bid in our spectrum auction you'd better wear red underpants on your head', I've got some news for you. You'll be wearing them on your head ... I have unfettered legal power."[25]

Cryptographers and privacy advocates—who have long been staunch opponents of encryption backdoors on public safety and human rights grounds

Human rights in Australia - what a joke.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What can we do about it?

I did send off a couple of emails to the immigration and prime minister when I heard what happened to David Icke. Very rarely do I get a response and I do not expect much out of doing it. But if there are a few thousand other people also sending emails the politicians do start to take notice. After all they want to get reelected again.

We cannot try and force our will on the political system, good chance of getting locked up in a psych ward and getting your brains fried. A peaceful protest in front of parliament house can help raise some awareness about these situations and gradually build up some political pressure.

Civil disobedience is also another option, with the internet stuff there are ways around most things, just got to do some more homework. Just because something is illegal does not mean you cannot do it. But if you are not prepared to do the time then you should not do the crime. With the vaccination issue this is getting tough for the parent as child benefits are getting canceled if the kids are not jabbed. If you are rich then you still have some options here.

Bad decisions are nothing new, how do we pick up the pieces and carry on?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Honestly, I couldn't really care less about "decorative knife" bans... or video game regulations and denying David Icke a bloody tourist visa.

What I'm pissed about, is how the government is taxing our alcohol! I mean, 50 to 60 bucks for a case of beer? That's outright blatant tyranny!!!

I'm ashamed of my fellow country man... like literally ashamed... for simply accepting this ankle grab of a tax on our beer!

How can you guys even look yourselves in the mirror, well allowing this atrocity to to take place?

Dudes should be soaking themselves in fuel and setting themselves on fire on the steps of parliament, over this obvious human rights violation... Like those monks in Tibet.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I'm an Aussie you, you, you....

Bwahh....

Nah, I'm just in touch wif my feminin side n if you make fun of me, I'll break ya legs - cobber!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I agree 1000%. Liquor prices in Australia must be fixed. Its too damned much! A 750 bottle that costs 20 bucks in the States is 50-90 in Australia.

Seriously the hike in liquor costs isnt going to stop the bogans from running to the bottelo at 9am every benefits day. They're still going to bankrupt their fortnight pay on beer and bourbon and then chuck the empty cans all over their lawn.

The policy only hurts those who are the least nuisance for drink driving and public intoxication.

Make boose a reasonable price already. The costs of it are borderline abusive.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Honestly, I couldn't really care less about "decorative knife" bans... or video game regulations and denying David Icke a bloody tourist visa.

What I'm pissed about, is how the government is taxing our alcohol! I mean, 50 to 60 bucks for a case of beer? That's outright blatant tyranny!!!

Assuming you're not being entirely sarcastic, there's actually a point to be made here. We also have the highest cigarette prices in the world, because our nanny state government loves to protect us from ourselves. We know it's really about the taxes but the former story makes us better about it. You claim not to be concerned about these other things but they are all symptoms of the same problem, it's these hyper-sensitive control freaks enforcing their will on our social structures. We like to act like it wont affect us until it does and by then it's far too late.

I wrote a thread on this topic a few years back:
Debunking a Nanny State Notion: Social Engineering with Taxes
edit on 27/2/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

What I'm pissed about, is how the government is taxing our alcohol!

There are systems out there to start making your own, save heaps. Can brew beer or make spirits. Does cost a bit getting setup and some time to do. Well worth it if you like a few drinks. Got one going myself, all legal.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The cost of medical procedures due to cigarettes far outweighs the tax they gather from them
It's not a bad thing

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The cost of medical procedures due to cigarettes far outweighs the tax they gather from them
It's not a bad thing

Not exactly true according to BusinessInsider. The Australian government takes in 8 billion a year in tobacco excise. Smoking related health costs amount to around 318 million a year. They even factor in another 150 million for costs related to bushfires, even though it's impossible to blame all bushfires on smokers. So the government comes out around 7.5 billion dollars ahead. I'd imagine they'd crap their pants if everyone in Australia decided to quit smoking .....that'd be a hell of a revenue loss.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

They'd just increase the GST, income tax, fuel & alcohol excise or the Medicare levy or all of the above - easy peazy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join