It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is lacking political balance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No they left because of the rudeness and name calling and general disrespect for the human on the other side of the screen.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I've voiced that complaint of many on the right.

They are so far to the right that the middle looks extremely left. And the extreme left looks batcrap crazy.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now I do believe that ATS has deliberately been taken over by elements of the alt-right movement since about 2016. I think ATS was always going to be a prime site for target, a popular conspiracy site that already held views that alined with the alt-right movement. I have personally seen posts on sites like StormFront that explicitly talk about targeting ATS for takeover, this gets really deep and and talked about appearing as a moderate member but how to incite anger and sympathy for far-right ideologies. I even saw entries talking about how to become a mod. There was another member about a few years ago who once told me that he had actually signed up to some of these sites and claimed that other members of these sites were directly discussing how to achieve this.

This is very similar to techniques used by UTR. They told their people to not bring Nazi iconography to the rally. Instead they should bring Confederate iconography because those people are very close to being indoctrinated to their way of thinking and they don't want to scare them off.

I've definitely noticed similar people on ATS that portray themselves as moderates but try to sneak in support for Nazi and white supremacist ideas.

Hell, I've even had a number of posts (and even some threads) that are critical of Nazis removed for being "off-topic" even though that wasn't the case at all. Always by the same moderator.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: ker2010
a reply to: Assassin82

I don't think OP is looking for a safe space, rather they're looking for honest and enriching discussion.

But I think your post was super helpful to the discussion, and I imagine it will get no less than 15 stars.

Thankfully I don't rely on stars on a website for self validation, sorry if you fall into that category however.

Another leftist we are victims whining post, maybe its because logical people have seen the left go so far left they are not within eyesight to most of us on ATS.

What does the OP suggest that the right do? Leave ATS so he can have a leftist echo chamber?

Ive seen ATS leftist and some in this thread call conservative leaning posters ignorant Rednecks and others call them Idiots.

Some nasty trolling leftist with LOTS of alternate newly created accounts roam ATS these days, I think that is much more of an issue.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Rudeness and namecalling?

Like racist,whitesupremeacist,alt right and whatever else the left pulls out of their rears.

Give it a rest.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

No they left because of the rudeness and name calling and general disrespect for the human on the other side of the screen.

Sorta like you name calling Grambler?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Seriously. How many threads have there been that refer to people on the Left as Dims? A lot of them aren't even in the Mud Pit. On the ATS of old that wouldn't be allowed for a second. Now not only is it tolerated but if someone on the Left actually tries to hit back this site acts like its the end of the world.

ATS is nothing more than a safe space for the Retardicans. They're just too dumb to realize it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

OP never suggested that the right just leave.

OP clearly stated we need more balance, and if I had to guess, in the way we discuss issues.

How many threads get derailed (just as this one has) into attacking players, not the ball.

How many times have people gone out of their way to talk about everything except the point of a thread.

This thread has proven itself, IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

I am retired.... Dont know what the rest of you are doing here in the middle of a Tuesday afternoon.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Haven't read through all the comments.

Just a question; has ATS deviated from the fact based, information digging, discussion forum that it had been?

If yes, then why does one stay?

If no, then does that make you question your political affiliation, stance or views?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

100% the problem too many members attacking the players and not the ball.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

What ever helps you sleep at night.

link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
ATS didn’t move right, the left just went so far left that everything looks right to them.

If leftist members are leaving it’s because there ideas are hard to defend with a intelligent member base openly discussing them.

Nailed it!

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

I am retired.... Dont know what the rest of you are doing here in the middle of a Tuesday afternoon.

Watching hypocrisy from a hospital waiting room.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Seriously. How many threads have there been that refer to people on the Left as Dims? A lot of them aren't even in the Mud Pit. On the ATS of old that wouldn't be allowed for a second. Now not only is it tolerated but if someone on the Left actually tries to hit back this site acts like its the end of the world.

ATS is nothing more than a safe space for the Retardicans. They're just too dumb to realize it.

Yeah seriously.

The left thinks their own snip don't stink.

And that post is the perfect example of just how true it is.

link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I don't see it as left vs right as much as it is right vs wrong.

link   
I consider myself a centrist and have political and theological views points that run all over the map from liberal to conservative. I don't agree with the OP at all and find ATS to be a well balanced forum for both political and non political discussion... which is why I spend so much time reading the threads here and participating in a few of them.

I in fact use ATS as my primary source of new news awareness. There are quite a few people here who are on top of new topics or aspects of a topic that post on them. before they hit other more traditional news sources. I will read the OP, whether it has a right or left wing oriented opinion bases, and that I will scroll down to the first response that is in opostion to the OP; this is usually with in the first three replies. I will mentally aggregate the two view points and if the topic interests me I will go and find more information about it from other news sources.

There are people here who post from all different political persuasions and even within a practical persuasion (say conservatives) there are very few members who do not have their own unique way of thinking.

And I have certainly never seen a forum moderator use political bias as a tool when adminsitering the forums.

I have seem people from BOTH the left and right complain that their political view point was being systimaticaly attacked at ATS, (as in this OP) ... and since they can't all be correct ... it is more likely these people are just acting individually butt hurt. If members have left because they fell systematically attached over their political views here on ATS; I would have to assume their personal convictions were simply not strong enough withstand opposing view points. This is something they need to fix for themselves and can not expect the world to conform to them and their ideas.

I also don't understand the argument that ATS has gotten "too politically". Their are forums dedicated to a wide variety of topics; if you don't like political discussions you can easily camp out in one of the forums that has a topic you like.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

The answer is yes. The reason I stay is because I have 11 years on this site and I'm not going to be bullied out by some alt-Right punks. That and the fact that while the commentary is very slanted and biased, ATS is still on the ball when it comes to breaking news and news not discussed by the MSM.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

100% the problem too many members attacking the players and not the ball.

Here's a nice example of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Plot twist: Some of our newer right-leaning members are in fact our old left-leaning members starting over with a new identity and a change of heart.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join