It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counterpart, cancelled.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I can't believe they've cancelled one of the most interesting shows there ever was.. IMO obviously..

Season 2, episode 6 was the most poignant and amazing things I've seen. How it showed the inception of the dual realities, how they dealt with it, how it all came to be. They say season 3 may be taken up by someone else, but this still means, the end, to me.

Gods damn it, why do they always kill shows that are the best. Sure it could be a little bland, but the whole story was, in my mind, brilliant.

Cest la vie television.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Producer MRC, however, is shopping the series to streaming platforms, for possible salvation.

tvline.com...

Not entirely it would seem, although I'm not sure where it can got after Season 2, but was a very good show

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Producer MRC, however, is shopping the series to streaming platforms, for possible salvation.

tvline.com...

Not entirely it would seem, although I'm not sure where it can got after Season 2, but was a very good show

Ahh I've still not yet quite finished s2 yet. I hope it follows well, but on reading MovieChat, I saw it was cancelled.

Still bad news, hope at least they give it some decent finale.. I can hope. You say you don't know where they can take it, this sound a little ominous. I'll have to go through the last few to know.

Damn though it was a good show.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The season 2 finale was enough, would hate to see it just fade away to crap like so many other shows that go on pointlessly

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
I can't believe they've cancelled one of the most interesting shows there ever was.. IMO obviously..

Season 2, episode 6 was the most poignant and amazing things I've seen. How it showed the inception of the dual realities, how they dealt with it, how it all came to be. They say season 3 may be taken up by someone else, but this still means, the end, to me.

Gods damn it, why do they always kill shows that are the best. Sure it could be a little bland, but the whole story was, in my mind, brilliant.

Cest la vie television.

Thats the thing w tv...some think shows are great...but viewing realities can prove different.

Happens to a lot of them we each think are great...to us.

And in general...shows arent made for us...but to make $$ for the sponsors...and add to a stations market.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Ya it sucks they did that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if someone picks it up.
I’ve had to deal with that twice with Brooklyn 99.
But don’t worry....GOT is at our doorstep!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

This is so true.. shame a lot of people get attached to a show, that when it is cancelled, it feels like a betrayal. I've lost count of the times a show I've invested in has gone away.

And it is a sign of the times, that we have so many banal shows come back for season upon season.. all about 'reality tv'..

Makes it hard to even watch a good sounding show these days, but I still will. Sometimes a fan base can bring back a good story. Rare, but it has happened.

Never happened to firefly, but we won't go there..

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Haha I haven't seen GOT since season 4. I lost my internet for a few months back then, and didn't keep up. I really should catch up. I've run out of things to occupy my eyes from midnight till 4am as I overthink everything..

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Haha I haven't seen GOT since season 4. I lost my internet for a few months back then, and didn't keep up. I really should catch up. I've run out of things to occupy my eyes from midnight till 4am as I overthink everything..

Let me start by saying I wasn’t the biggest fan of stranger things only because I had watched Dark first.
Dark is like stranger things on crack. Stranger things was too kid like for me.

BTW you can turn off the subtitles and turn on English dialogue. That’s what I did. Also you really have to pay attention in this super Fed up show.

And I noticed you said Firefly......

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

There is npt much story to tell that simple...thats why they must have cancelled. At a certain pint the story became so cmplex it was hard to follow if you missed a few scenes...r went away for a moment to pour myself a cup of coffee. The idea of parralel world is fascenating but then you've seen it all..

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I love scifi but I just couldn't get into it. It was too slow and not much of scifi in it , it was more of a drama for me.

Fringe was much better.
edit on 48331America/ChicagoSun, 03 Mar 2019 15:48:11 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

They have to try and cancel it, there are too many basic truths exposed that make too much sense. Just replace worlds with ideologues and we have what's happening today.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join