It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Jackson gay-rights activist set fire to home in hate crime hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by:

originally posted by: Jay-morris

So a hate crime against gay people are all made up, and never happens. Is that what you are saying?

Or just maybe sensationalized when they do happen... Today I think they are far less than lets say 40 years ago, but one would think there is much more due to social internet. What do you think?

Because you have not seen it, does not mean it does not happen! I have spoken about this before on here a while back, but my brother went through so much after he come out as gay, he had to leave his home town. He wad threatened and beaten up.

In the end he moved to brighton (uk) because brighton has a big gay community.

If anyone is taken advantage of being gay, or transgender, then that's wrong, but to say there is not much hate crime, that is simply not true, because it does exist, and I have seen it first hand on many occasions.
edit on 28-2-2019 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2019 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Because you have not seen it, does not mean it does not happen! I have spoken about this before on here a while back, but my brother went through so much after he come out as gay, he had to leave his home town. He wad threatened and beaten up.

In the end he moved to brighton (uk) because brighton has a big gay community.

If anyone is taken advantage of being gag, or transgender, then that's wrong, but to say there is not much hate crime, that is simply not true, becsuse there is, and I have seen it first hand on many occasions.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well maybe UK is behind the times, but your comment above doesn't make sense. We live in a time where EVERYONE has a camera on them and EVERYONE has social media and EVERYONE feels the world wants to see their pictures and posts...lol

To say it is just less reporting, less discovery, less identifying incidences is basically going against what society has become in the last 20 years with phones, messaging and social media where everyone wants to say everything.

BTW I'm not gay but I got into a few fights too in school and non of them I started...just saying...people hate for a lot of things, but these days being one of the alphabet sexualities is almost a badge of honer.
edit on 28-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Well maybe UK is behind the times, but your comment above doesn't make sense. We live in a time where EVERYONE has a camera on them and EVERYONE has social media and EVERYONE feels the world wants to see their pictures and posts...lol

To say it is just less reporting, less discovery, less identifying incidences is basically going against what society has become in the last 20 years with phones, messaging and social media where everyone wants to say everything.

BTW I'm not gay but I got into a few fights too in school and non of them I started...just saying...people hate for a lot of things, but these days being one of the alphabet sexualities is almost a badge of honer.

So, you are saying because we live in a world of mobile phones, we all instantly get our phones out when we are in trouble? Problem is, is, everyone does not think like you.

As for wearing it as a badge of honour! Say that to the gay people who are beaten, tortured and killed in certain countries for being gay. Say that to the gay people who have lost their families for coming out as gay.

Because it's bunny dorey where is your, does not mean it's still not a huge problem!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So, you are saying because we live in a world of mobile phones, we all instantly get our phones out when we are in trouble? Problem is, is, everyone does not think like you.

What I'm saying is we live in a world of 24/7 social media. You are trying to simplify my statement to make it seem ignorant, but let me ask you, if you got beat up in 1990 who would know? Today the whole world can know within minutes especially if it goes viral. This is not to mention the huge changes in social norms that have greatly changed in accepting non-heterosexuals as a norm now.

As for wearing it as a badge of honour! Say that to the gay people who are beaten, tortured and killed in certain countries for being gay. Say that to the gay people who have lost their families for coming out as gay.

Because it's bunny dorey where is your, does not mean it's still not a huge problem!

What country are you talking about? You talking about the 70 or so countries that gay is illegal? The ones Trump is pushing pressure to change their laws/views? I can't speak for the world, especially non-first world nations. Lets keep to first world nations on this topic, or you just want to argue some point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join