It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India says it has launched air strikes across disputed border with Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
"The problem is that Russia and China are next door"
The problem is that India and Pakistan absolutely hate each other.

Yes,but the two problems are capable of getting entangled as in the Bangladesh crisis of1971;

While I was enroute, I received disturbing information that the Soviet Union had at last perceived its strategic opportunity. Abandoning its previous caution, it had informed India of its approval of guerilla operations into East Pakistan, and had promised India protection against Chinese reprisals. A new and ominous dimension had been added to the conflict.

The White House Years, p860, Henry Kissinger

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Absolutely.

I never meant to infer that the proximity of Russia and China were irrelevant or that it didn't have the potential to further complicate things just that the mutual hatred between the two nations is the at the very core of the problem.
If there wasn't that level of enmity between the two then the problem would simply not exist.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Calm down man. Maybe the UK should sort it out....they created the problem after all. The insane laughing was the thought of the UN doing anything, but what is really insane is you being ok with two nuclear powers, one very unstable, going to war.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Good luck with making that lot friends....Pakistan was created under the most insane premise.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Calm down man. Maybe the UK should sort it out....they created the problem after all. The insane laughing was the thought of the UN doing anything, but what is really insane is you being ok with two nuclear powers, one very unstable, going to war.

I’m calm!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Jeezus. I'd hate to see you mildly agitated!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: GreenGunther

Uhmmm... so they’ve been the worlds greatest nuclear threat for some time.

The worlds greatest nuclear threat have been and still are Russia and America , India and Pakistan having Nuclear weapons doesn't mean they will use them in a dispute over Kashmir , that can't be claimed as self defence.

I agree an independent Kashmir is likely the best option but I doubt that would be agreeable to India as Kashmir is a majority Muslim state.

America and Russia have always both had the greatest number of stockpiled nuclear arms, but the instability between Pakistan and India have made them the greater threat for some time now.

Source

Just google, you'll find more articles.
Their conflict just poses the greatest realistic danger.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Good luck with making that lot friends....

I know for a fact that as things stand nothing could make them 'friends'.
The best anyone can hope for is acceptance and respect for each others existence and sovereignty.

Pakistan was created under the most insane premise.

What were the alternatives?

Its very easy, and both lazy and inaccurate, to blame all of the worlds ills on the UK's colonial past.
The simple fact is that if there wasn't the deep rooted and passionate hatred between Muslims and Sikhs and Hindu's then there wouldn't be this level of hatred between the two nations.
The British didn't make them hate each other, they did that all by themselves and it goes way far back before The Raj and independence etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Freeborn

I think many people are unaware of the depth and extent of the hatred between these two nations, its at least on a par with anything else of this nature in the world.

They very well may be the first war fought over fresh water.

Water wars will make oil wars look like luxery, because, well, err, they are.

glacier be damned! unless mr trump can intervene and use the funding to build a wall down the middle

2nd
f

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Pakistan have shot down two Indian planes that it says were inside its airspace in Kashmir.

The pilots must have ejected as they have been arrested.

This followed claims that Pakistan had

"taken strikes at [a] non-military target, avoiding human loss and collateral damage".
a claim that India denies.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Despite these claims and counter claims and apparent escalation both sides allege that they do not want to see an increase in military action.

And it seems both Russia and China are trying to mediate after India's Foreign Minister had a meeting with her counterparts in China.
edit on 27/2/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I’ve always felt we should just nuke countries with these age-old conflicts.
India and Pakistan, Israel and Palestine...
If they can’t get along, neither should have a right to exist.

We’ve given them enough time to sort it out..

If we don’t, they’ll drag us down with them.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The whole world knows that Pakistan is harbouring Terrorists and their government supporting them in the form of funds and shelter.
India only retaliate when Pakistan attacks as recently one of Jaish-e-mohammed entity (Pak Terrorists) killed 40 Indian Army officers by suicide bombing at Pulwama incident. This is the reason Indian Army force exterminated 200 Pakistan Terrorists at Balkot.

India always looks for peace agreement and like to be in the direction of developed countries. It is PAK who is playing hostility behind the veil.
edit on 28-2-2019 by Koundinya because: grammatical correction

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Is it possible that this whole flare up in recent days in Kashmir, is caused by attempts of the EU to divert attentions from the fact that 'Guido' is nowhere near getting any seat of power in Venezuela ?

A nice hot distraction .... or so it looks like!
My impression is ... the issue is in Venezuela .... not in Kashmir !

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Some things are simply what they actually appear to be.....

Pakistan and India don't like each other.
They regularly fall out.
There is potential for one of those regular fall out's to escalate into an actual war.
With both sides having nuclear weapons and extremists of their own there is potential for a war to develop into a nuclear situation.

No-one wants that.
Certainly not the regional Superpowers; Russia and China who both worked for a diplomatic solution to this recent fall out.

India/Pakistan relations is a powder keg and is a real threat to regional and possibly global stability and peace.

It has nothing to with Venezuela.
It has nothing to do with Trump or the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join