It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India says it has launched air strikes across disputed border with Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

"India said it has conducted air strikes on an alleged terrorist training camp across the Line of Control (LoC), the de facto border between India and Pakistan in the disputed Kashmir region, in a significant escalation of hostilities between the two nuclear armed powers".

India and Pakistan bombing Kashmir.

Lots of people have thought that these two could be the start of WW3 with their dispute over Kashmir. This bombing was in reslonse to an earlier IED attack on Indian soldiers that killed 37. As we all know Pakistan harbors terrorists....so lets hope this settles down fast.....the world doesnt need two more nuclear powers fussing at one another.

Looks like troops are being positioned and loca,ls are fleeing.

www.google.com... world%2Fasia%2Fkashmir-india-pakistan-pulwama.html&psig=AOvVaw0Anef1umJr9tvRg8PQ27oP&ust=1551262636743614
edit on 2/26/2019 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Don’t worry.

America will NOT be along shortly to “ahem” maintain or obtain peace as nothing to gain for Murika...

The rest of the planet will just let them get on niggling each other.

Then when it gets sticky Murika might stick its Neb in.. AGAIN...

Methinks of course!

Note I said Murika and not Americans please, thank you:

Lags
edit on 26-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

India and Pakistan have a long history of minor skirmishes over Kashmir and this is likely more of the same , every few years it seems tensions are heightened and troops are deployed only for them to be marched back down the hill again , perhaps it's time for them to go toe to toe to lance this festering boil.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

India and Pakistan have a long history of minor skirmishes over Kashmir and this is likely more of the same , every few years it seems tensions are heightened and troops are deployed only for them to be marched back down the hill again , perhaps it's time for them to go toe to toe to lance this festering boil.

Uhmmm... so they’ve been the worlds greatest nuclear threat for some time.
Mutually Assured Destruction is a real thing in this conflict, trouble is the ammount of nukes they have - the earth will be stuffed.

So I’d prefer it if Kashmir became independent. Problem solved, the locals inherit it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This based on the attack of India troops on Feb 14th by the Jaish-e-Mohammad group.

India is accusing Pakistan of allowing militant groups to operate on its territory.

Of course, Pakistan denies any role in it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
The problem is that Russia and China are next door, with opposing interests. That's how things get complicated.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The problem is that Russia and China are next door, with opposing interests. That's how things get complicated.

Darned pinko commie scum!?

Remember McCarthy.... nothing has changed apparently.

Lags

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Uhmmm... so they’ve been the worlds greatest nuclear threat for some time.

The worlds greatest nuclear threat have been and still are Russia and America , India and Pakistan having Nuclear weapons doesn't mean they will use them in a dispute over Kashmir , that can't be claimed as self defence.

I agree an independent Kashmir is likely the best option but I doubt that would be agreeable to India as Kashmir is a majority Muslim state.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think he means by threat is most likely to launch a nuke. Pakistan aint the most stable place. Anyway, probably just the same as the last 50 years, but one day....snip is gonna go down.

Thing is, India is right, lots of damned terrorist groups camp out in the Wild West of Pakistan with impunity.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Whats your option...the UN? hahhahaha. Might as well wait til Jesus comes back.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Did anyone else get the led Zeppelin song stuck in their head after reading this?

I'm watching it now, its a he said she said thing. This is the asian Gaza strip-it ain't gonna stop anytime soon, If at all. The real problem is both nations have a hard on for nukes, hell one politician threatened Australia with nukes after a single Indian student was murdered so...fingers crossed it doesn't escalate.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The problem is that Russia and China are next door, .....

The problem is that India and Pakistan absolutely hate each other.

A friend of mine used to have a girlfriend of Pakistani heritage. It was always awkward when they were in the same company as some friends of mine who have Indian parentage. You could literally cut the proverbial atmosphere with a knife.
Both parties would openly advocate the eradication of the other nation when apart.

It is a powder keg that has the potential to escalate quickly and drag neighbouring nations into the conflict.

It has always been my understanding that because of the number of extremists in the Pakistani administration and the incendiary nature of regional politics and relations that the US have contingency plans to defuse, dismantle and/or remove Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.

edit on 26/2/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think that is the very reason the US gives so much aid to Pakistsan. Just to keep them pacified. It would be interesting to kniw how much terrorism is exported out of there. I bet its worse than Iraq.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Whats your option...the UN? hahhahaha. Might as well wait til Jesus comes back.

My opinion?

Easy, let them go for each other’s throat and fight it out.

Other countries should keep their noses out unless things overspill.

Don’t know what your insane laughing is about! But glad you had a giggle to make your day better thinking about the death of others...

Lags
edit on 26-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Idiot...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Murika's too busy stirring Venezuela - sending in arms under the guise of "Humanitarian Aid"

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Murika's too busy stirring Venezuela - sending in arms under the guise of "Humanitarian Aid"

True apparently and sadly...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I think that is the very reason the US gives so much aid to Pakistsan. Just to keep them pacified.

I'd have to agree with you there.

As corrupt and riddled with extremists the current administration is the alternatives are far worse.
The realities of international politics.

It would be interesting to kniw how much terrorism is exported out of there. I bet its worse than Iraq.

And Iran.

But probably not Saudi Arabia.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It would be interesting to kniw how much terrorism is exported out of there. I bet its worse than Iraq.

And Iran. But probably not Saudi Arabia.

Definitely not Saudi Arabia, they're a very close ally.

Trivia fact, they had their own citizens on the hijacted planes trying to thwart the terrorists....

But the terrorists had box cutters.

They tried.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Easy, let them go for each other’s throat and fight it out.

I'm no military expert and there are many here on ATS who are eminently more qualified than me to verify the accuracy of this but as I understand it if there was a full on armed conflict between the two nations - conventional and not including nuclear weapons - there would probably be only one outcome; victory for India.

I very much doubt other Islamic nations would allow that to happen resulting in certainly regional escalation and very possibly on a global scale.

I think many people are unaware of the depth and extent of the hatred between these two nations, its at least on a par with anything else of this nature in the world.

It is definitely a veritable powder keg and one of the most potential starting points for the next worldwide conflict.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I think many people are unaware of the depth and extent of the hatred between these two nations, its at least on a par with anything else of this nature in the world.

They very well may be the first war fought over fresh water.

Water wars will make oil wars look like luxery, because, well, err, they are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join