It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hell With Immunity — Guilty Verdict For Pell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Well; in this day and age it does not take much imagine whats he's going down for.

About time the rule of law and justice caught up these scum bags who fidde with kids.

But please; don't take my word, read it here.

Treasurer to the vatican cardinal George Pell (from australia) is to sent down for 10-14 years for guess what???

My take is this has likely been resisted as much as possible because its a bit too close to the pope.

However; at the same time, we should keep in mind that Dr Day said in his 1969 talk entitled "Everything Is in Place And No-one Can Stop Us Now, that the church would do its bit from the inside to destroy the church so that it would fail and give way to a one world religion.

edit on 26-2-2019 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/26/2019 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

He was convicted months ago and only now are they reporting it, 3rd highest member of the Catholic Church worldwide and the treasurer for the Vatican, this is pretty big news.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Australia has been at the forefront of legally recognizing" All types of child abuse for quite some time;

Even 60 Minutes did a deep investigation into ahem 'satanic child abuse' back in the mid 1980's! You can guess what happened, nothing.

But deep in the Australian psyche, "child abuse" is worse than murder and most people 'feel quite strongly about it' and so came about the Royal Commission which was able to insist this guy answer the questions he was asked. He Lied. The laws had changed re: A 'new law' for "historical child abuse" was created and the evidence required to 'prove' a case under these laws modified.

This effectively resulted in the Victoria police being able to charge Pell with "historical sex offences" and the courts were able to convict his lying arse .... not even the vatican's best can protect anyone in the church from such charges anymore. The precedent has been set, at the highest of levels.

p.s. for some reason I feel The Don's finger stuck somewhere in this pie

What is the wider context of this story?

Countries around the world have been holding inquiries into institutional child sexual abuse. In 2012, Australia’s then prime minister, Julia Gillard, ordered a formal inquiry into historical child sexual abuse within Australian institutions, with the Catholic church and its associated organisations coming under particular scrutiny.

Pell was one of hundreds of people summoned to give evidence during public hearings held throughout Australia. He gave evidence to the commission in person and via videolink, and was questioned about the structure of the archdiocese of Melbourne.

There had been no suggestion in these commission hearings that Pell was a perpetrator.

The commission asked questions about whether he knew of any abuse and what he did to address it. This is because in 1996, while Pell was archbishop of Melbourne, he was approached by senior politicians, judges and officials who raised concerns about historical child sexual abuse by clergy and church personnel.

More complainants were coming forward with their stories and historical charges were being laid. As a result, Pell established a scheme within the archdiocese of Melbourne to investigate such claims.

This initiative was known as the Melbourne Response, and those in charge of it, including Pell, have been criticised by complainants for an inconsistent and inadequate response to claims.

Pell also faced questioning by the royal commission about how the archdiocese of Melbourne responded to and investigated allegations of child sexual abuse within its institutions.

www.theguardian.com...

He was 'convicted' last year but a gag order was issued at the time, it was lifted today. He is to be sentenced shortly.

edit on 26-2-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: emphasis

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

He was convicted months ago and only now are they reporting it, 3rd highest member of the Catholic Church worldwide and the treasurer for the Vatican, this is pretty big news.

His arrest and subsequent court case was suppressed in Australia.

I'm just wondering how 10-14 years for someone of his standing could be justified. One would have thought that a general penalty clearly reflecting the Australian Peoples abhorrence for this kind of thing and its general abhorrence of people of this kind of standing committing such acts, would have been made a very classic example of as a warning to others.

I cannot see this a severe penalty when compared to what others have received for equally serious and perhaps similar acts.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

what makes you say that? e.g.

June 29, 2017

6:10pm

Cardinal George Pell charged with sex charges — he vows to return to Australia

Police confirmed this morning Cardinal Pell — Australia’s most senior Catholic and the third most powerful in the Vatican — had been charged “with historical sexual assault offences”.

He has been summonsed to appear at a filing hearing at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on July 18.

UPDATE: GEORGE Pell has strenuously denied involvement in historical sex abuse. On Thursday afternoon he fronted the media to defend himself.

www.news.com.au...

The gag order came after he was charged, which I guess is reasonable in such a precedent setting trial as this. Plus, like a friend of his, he didn't think he'd lose!

edit on 26-2-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: extras

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Found guilty

could now face a sentence of between 10 and 14 years.

could should would - lets wait and see the actual sentencing.

All in all a good result

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Found guilty

could now face a sentence of between 10 and 14 years.

could should would - lets wait and see the actual sentencing.

All in all a good result

Oh he's gonna get slammed alright! The only question is "for how long?" .... he's already been "remanded in custody" that is, NO bail. It's been denied.

But he won't "do it hard" -- his prison 'status' will be low and he'll probably end up at a farm, and Australian prisons are a far cry from US ones ... but he'll no doubt be in "protective custody" clz he'd only last about 10secs in General population --- but he's going to be a high profile prisoner regardless of where he is
edit on 26-2-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: extras

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

For a very long time evil has hidden within the Church, not just one single denomination but in many of them and during this time a silent war has gone one unbeknown to those without the church's wall's and this war has been one not only for the very soul of the church but for the soul's of it's flock.

From the beginning the Christian faith warned of the Wolf in Sheep's clothing, the false Shepherd and the one claiming to come in the name of the Lord.
The Church is not an institution, such thing's grow over time as cult's within the Church but the Church itself is the flock, the people not it's priesthood, for a long time many good priests have been born and raised up among those rank's but for just as long the enemy of the Church the devil itself has also infiltrated it.

Saint's and Devil's have stood side by side there war unseen as both have fought for control of the Church.

Some would say burn the Church down, others walk away and leave it but the wise see the truth - THEY are the church and the evil they so rightly revile is not the Church but the work of it's enemy corrupting, defiling and empowering itself by making them suffer such disgrace.

Let the little one's come unto me said the Lord, these FALSE priests whom commit such vile act's were never real priests but always the servants of Satan, his Priesthood defiling the priesthood of God, Desecrating even Sanctuary's set aside for the people and gaining power in both religious and political ways for there own end's, they Take the Little one's AWAY and prevent them from reaching the Lord by there very action's and prey upon them like a wolf that separates a lamb from the flock.

So what do you think the Son will do to such as these when he come's back, forgive them - no they are not repentant and never can be, they have blasphemed the holy spirit and committed the unforgivable offense against God desecrating his sacrament and defiling the office they have stolen through there subterfuge and vile plan's and so they will Burn.

They are already excommunicated and were never truly ordained, there ordination was a mockery and they never lived up to it.

The Church SHALL survive and the Church SHALL triumph, these thing's both within were they have done the most harm and without the Church are the black cloud of evil many saint's saw in vision's consuming the world, they are hell itself unleashed into the flock to try to destroy Christ upon the earth and yet he can never be destroyed, he has defeated death itself and all that live in him will life forever, those light's this blackness as snubbed out will shine again and so brightly shall they shine the devil shall be blinded by them - his evil eye's burned to there core.

Now there is one thing that is very nearly as bad as these child abusing devil servant's and that is the hangers on that use this as was always the plan of the devil to destroy also the good in the Church.

I myself am a Christian, I have but ONE king, One rightful ruler and that is Christ for if I acknowledge an earthly ruler them I am of the earth and can not be of Christ but if I acknowledge only my lord than how can I be of the earth? even though the dust of my body surely is.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

not even the vatican's best can protect anyone in the church from such charges anymore. The precedent has been set,

What precedent would that be at law?

You have to get permission to serve warrants and arrests on Vatican City soil.

Only because he returned to face the music was it able to go forward

The Pope has realized that things have to change.

www.theguardian.com...

The charges were served on Pell’s legal representatives in Melbourne on Thursday and they have been lodged also at Melbourne magistrates court. He has been ordered to appear at the court on 26 July.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

Yep

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Whatever, but it has been happening all over the world. It is endemic to the RC Priesthood.

It makes me feel sick and I keep well away from anything RC. It has such a bad history you would have to be a fool to equate that institution with anything truly Christian. Even their cross is crooked, lol.

Just another criminal. One down, hundreds more to go!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The Catholic church have been trying to hide Pell and co's court cases from the the public ever since the investigations began.

Problem is the geriatric leaders of this sect have the money and the power to stop investigators going down the rabbit hole, because the thousands of victims will go ka-ching! and take 'em to the cleaners.

And so they should, I wonder how long these practice has been going on, perhaps centuries.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

what makes you say that? e.g.

The guilty verdict was handed down in December 2018, but the Press were ordered not to talk about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is only the beginning, Pell was not the big fish in this sick pond and he wont last long in prison.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I haven't looked into this case at all, just saw it on the news earlier tonight, but from what I saw the case against him does appear quite weak and I wouldn't be surprised if he won the appeal. It seems to me like it's his word against one other guy, and the story told by the victim doesn't exactly strike me as believable, it also seems quite suspicious this happened like 20 years ago or something but this guy only came forward now, sorry but that seems a bit too long. The case against him seems to me like pure hearsay and the jury was far to willing to prejudge him, and I'm the last person to defend organized religion, but does this man really deserve to spend the rest of his life in prison based only on hearsay?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I agree to a minimal extent

it was reported just not as widely as it should have been.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

the 77-year-old treasurer for the Vatican could now face a sentence of between 10 and 14 years.

Could...humm I wonder will he stay in a luxury prison a few months and quietly be released.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You don't find the story of the plaintiff credible, you understand that is one of the reasons why a very small percentage of victims actually come forward and testify, they are given the third-degree and accused of lying.

It's sick that these predators get away this behavior knowing full well chances are they will get away with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

the 77-year-old treasurer for the Vatican could now face a sentence of between 10 and 14 years.

Could...humm I wonder will he stay in a luxury prison a few months and quietly be released.

It will be similar to the type of prison to what Pablo escobar experienced, major criminals get easy street when caught.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

That's what I thought, the conviction is "he said she said" from twenty years back, if they have a current victim from a few months back, it might be a safer conviction. Is their reasonable doubt? do victims get payouts in Australia.? If he was guilty why did he risk coming back, he could have claimed Vatican diplomatic immunity. I'm not saying the victim was not abused but remembering the right perpetrator from that far back in time is dicey.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You don't find the story of the plaintiff credible, you understand that is one of the reasons why a very small percentage of victims actually come forward and testify, they are given the third-degree and accused of lying.

I wouldn't typically question the story of a victim because most are telling the truth and their story makes sense, the story told by this guy feels very contrived and it seems unlikely the Cardinal would have done something so rash with such a high chance of being caught. Maybe the guy shouldn't have waited several decades if he wanted the story to hold more weight.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join