It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAG Rod Rosenstein Says Some of Muellers Report Must Remain Hidden..Dems Explode.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Monday, February 25, 2019

This afternoon, Deputy Attorney General ROD ROSENSTEIN agreed with Attorney General William Barr, that some of Special Counsel Bob Mueller's report on Russian Interference and possible Trump Collusion, to affect the 2016 Presidential Election outcome, must remain hidden from Congress and the Public.

Here is some of what Rod Rosenstein said in a speech today:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The man who long oversaw special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation said Monday that it is not always appropriate for the government to be transparent about its work as he argued that prosecutors should not level public allegations against people they do not prosecute.

“There’s a knee-jerk reaction to suggest that we should be transparent about what we do in government,” Rosenstein said. “But there are a lot of reasons not to be transparent about what we do in government.”

He added: “There may be legitimate reasons for making exceptions, but as a general principle, in my view, the Department of Justice is best served when people are confident that ... when we’re investigating American citizens in particular, we’re going to do it with appropriate sensitivity to the right of uncharged people.”

Democrats have, for almost 2 years, viewed Rod Rosenstein as their "fire wall", protecting the Mueller investigation from being tampered with by President Trump and former AG Jeff Sessions.

Today, their beloved "Mueller protector" sides with his boss William Barr, and most legal scholars. Democrats now feel betrayed, and are becoming very angry, as Rosenstein's position makes the rounds.

Example: Democrat ADAM SCHIFF.

The chairman of the House intelligence committee, Adam Schiff, says that “this double standard won’t cut it!

“For two years, I sounded the alarm about DOJ’s deviation from just that principle as it turned over hundreds of thousands of pages in closed or ongoing investigations,” he said. “I warned that DOJ would need to live by this precedent. And it will.”
All the rest at: www.apnews.com...

Top Legal Experts are weighing in today as well. They say it's highly unlikely that Congress will be able to "force" the Department of Justice to share information that's deemed sensitive. In a legal fight, courts would side with the DOJ's Privacy and National Security concerns.

Source: www.reuters.com...

I'm watching Anti-America network CNN right now. You can imagine how this news is being received by their panel of "expert" Trump-hating commentators.

-CareWeMust

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So after all the squabbling about this over the last several years.... it all turns out to be one big 💩 💩 of nothing for public consumption.

Sounds appropriate for US Government and it’s MSM cohorts: ‘Let’s divide everyone over this BS for severeal years — then tell them nothing of importance about the results of the investigation’. Move on, rinse, repeat...
edit on 25-2-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I find this hilarious, for a few reasons.

First off, anything that Mueller and Co. doesn't want out in public isn't going to be damning against Trump at all... or they would have already leaked it. It is going to be butt-covering for the DNC and the Mueller investigation team.

Secondly, now that this is finally coming to an end, Trump will no longer have to abide by his lawyer's counseling to not declassify certain documents because they might be seen as obstruction of justice.

Schiff is probably implicated in those documents.

So please PLEASE Mr. Schiff-for-brains, keep pushing as hard as you can!!!!

S&F for the OP, as always.

edit on 25-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

A.G. William Barr said that he's determined not to make the same mistakes FBI Director James Comey made, when he listed the probable crimes Hillary Clinton committed, but didn't prosecute her.

In other words, if you're not prosecuted, you are innocent. Your privacy remains yours, and yours alone.
edit on 2/25/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If the 5 "buckets" of Spygate documents are declassified while Congress is running its own investigations (which they are), would that declassification constitute Obstruction of Justice?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Weren't all the Trump-lynching dems so proud of Rosenstein?

What happened?

I mean, there's still an entire section of Horowitz's report on the FBI's handling of the Clinton email investigation regarding Loretta Lynch that's classified. It seems to me that there could be portions of Mueller's report which would be likewise also classified after release.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Weren't all the Trump-lynching dems so proud of Rosenstein?

What happened?

I mean, there's still an entire section of Horowitz's report on the FBI's handling of the Clinton email investigation regarding Loretta Lynch that's classified. It seems to me that there could be portions of Mueller's report which would be likewise also classified after release.

Probably what happened is that this weekend McCabe threw Rosenstein under the bus on national television about the whole wearing a wire issue.

So Rosenstein is in CYA mode himself... and is probably trying to make nice with Trump.

Politics are fun to watch when you only have about 50% of the actual information...

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes..Democrats viewed Rosenstein as their staunch protector...and so did many anti-Trump Republicans who had "skeletons" they wanted to keep hidden. (Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker)

In 2018, when the House Intel Committee voted to Impeach Rosenstein, because he would not provide documents, or show up for scheduled testimony, House Chairman Paul Ryan stopped the impeachment push in its tracks.. and he didn't run for re-election in 2018 either.

Rod Rosenstein directed the DOJ to keep several appendixes classified, in OIG Michael Horowitz's 2nd IG Report, this past June. Yes, one of those dealt with Obama's AG Loretta Lynch. Good memory you have, JAC!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If the 5 "buckets" of Spygate documents are declassified while Congress is running its own investigations (which they are), would that declassification constitute Obstruction of Justice?

No.

Quite simply because the SC investigation is being conducted by members of the executive branch.

Investigations by the legislative branch are quite open to political revenge by another branch.

That way the public gets to weigh in on the matter by way of the voting booths.

The Framers were smart that way....

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Rosenstein is being replaced by Jeffrey Rosen in mid-March.

Rosen is the UN-Rosenstein: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

There is nothing the government could possibly do or be doing that would change my low opinion of it. Make it all transparent. It will be entertaining.

edit on 25-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There is nothing the government could possibly do or be doing that would change my low opinion of it. Make it all transparent. It will be entertaining.

OMG what is wrong with you, you're not buying into the propaganda dammit, the government only has one bad side the other side is super awesome, get with the program already... Sheeeesh..

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Rosenstein is being replaced by Jeffrey Rosen in mid-March.

Rosen is the UN-Rosenstein: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I read that and found the replacement name kinda funny.

However, Rosenstein leaving his position just means he still has 5 years to dodge litigation until his statute of limitations runs out...

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

THANK-YOU!!

I was worried that the "I can't answer that question, or release those documents, due to ongoing investigations" excuse, would still be plugging up the system and preventing bringing to justice, deep-state criminals.

So after Mueller completes his main investigation, a good chunk of those 60,000 sealed indictments should start being un-sealed. Good stuff!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What if one of your cousins was implicated by a Russian, but it turned out to be nothing. Want the world to know that? I'm sure your cousin wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OMG what is wrong with you, you're not buying into the propaganda dammit, the government only has one bad side the other side is super awesome, get with the program already... Sheeeesh..

Yea... the smart thing to do instead is just say everyone in the government sucks so you can't be called on it, then just criticize one side of it over and over and over...

Because then when you are eventually called on the obvious bias you can just point out "hey.. they all suck! I said so!!!"

Good plan!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

First off, anything that Mueller and Co. doesn't want out in public isn't going to be damning against Trump at all... or they would have already leaked it. It is going to be butt-covering for the DNC and the Mueller investigation team.

Secondly, now that this is finally coming to an end, Trump will no longer have to abide by his lawyer's counseling to not declassify certain documents because they might be seen as obstruction of justice.

Do you think that Schiff would be 'smart' enough to make a transparency deal? Make the taxpayer funded hush fund transparent and public for transparent and public Mueller report!

I agree...it seems obvious that what is kept hidden always seem to be for the benefit of the left.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

THANK-YOU!!

I was worried that the "I can't answer that question, or release those documents, due to ongoing investigations" excuse, would still be plugging up the system and preventing bringing to justice, deep-state criminals.

So after Mueller completes his main investigation, a good chunk of those 60,000 sealed indictments should start being un-sealed. Good stuff!

Yep.

Barr may very well change our entire political landscape this year.

Fun times...

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You cheerlead the republicans while denigrating the democrats, you are so sucked in by the charade you cant see past the end of your nose.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Lumenari

Do you think that Schiff would be 'smart' enough to make a transparency deal? Make the taxpayer funded hush fund transparent and public for transparent and public Mueller report!

I agree...it seems obvious that what is kept hidden always seem to be for the benefit of the left.

Nah... I think when you have spun a tale long enough that you are just going to keep spinning the same tale, saying the same lies, keep the original lie alive.

Schiff doesn't really believe anything he says.

His job is to keep the lie alive, keep Trump's approval numbers down, keep the division going, keep the base enraged and provide fodder for the PR arm of the DNC, the MSM.

He's a tool.

A useful one for the DNC, it turns out.

But still a tool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join