It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide instructions spliced into kids’ cartoons on YouTube and YouTube Kids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I read the article and it makes very valid points, but the example they used was possibly misleading, FilthyFrank made his video with a green screen in the background and someone else used it for this. His content is not made for children so I’m not sure how this stuff got promoted to kids.

Youtube is in a lot of hot water right now with how their recommended algorithms work and this is just another example of that. Someone can take someone else’s content and edit it, tag it in certain ways and bam it’s being pushed to kids.

I just wanted people to know that the man in the video did not create his part of it for the purpose of showing it to children, that was most likely a third party.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

screw that noise, they aren't being parents. they are letting the internet raise kids just like their lazy parents let the TV raise them. its a cycle. You are n charge of what your child is exposed to, if you don't care what that is your not doing your job.

If "parents" gave a crap to begin with it never would have been a thing.
edit on 26-2-2019 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This reminded me of a video I watched about a supposed "kids" channel that turned out to be anything but.

Here is a video from Night Mind describing the channel and its content.

Here is his description of his description video:

This blatantly creepy kids programming channel gives us a good setup for a story... but is it interested in committing to excellent vlogfiction, or just making a clickfarm? The verdict is still in debate for our first subject in our Night Mind series, Case Files.

edit on 26-2-2019 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

I read the article and it makes very valid points, but the example they used was possibly misleading, FilthyFrank made his video with a green screen in the background and someone else used it for this. His content is not made for children so I’m not sure how this stuff got promoted to kids.

Youtube is in a lot of hot water right now with how their recommended algorithms work and this is just another example of that. Someone can take someone else’s content and edit it, tag it in certain ways and bam it’s being pushed to kids.

I just wanted people to know that the man in the video did not create his part of it for the purpose of showing it to children, that was most likely a third party.

Yeah...that was pretty clear if you read the article....it had nothing to do with it being that person in particular.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: Sheye

screw that noise, they aren't being parents. they are letting the internet raise kids just like their lazy parents let the TV raise them. its a cycle. You are n charge of what your child is exposed to, if you don't care what that is your not doing your job.

I think you’re being too judgemental and demanding of parents especially considering many are too poor to be stay at home parents who are always watching their children.

Being a parent also doesn’t mean you are “perfect” at the job. If you can’t understand that then you’ve never been a parent or will have a rude awakening some day.

Raising kids is the toughest job there is, especially with defiant children who continuously throw tantrums and sneak behind their parents back to do things they know they are not allowed to do.

Don’t be like the pervs on 4chan who blame the parents after they’ve enticed young girls to expose themselves, then shame them into suicide.

While I agree parents have a responsibility to keep their children safe from malicious intent, I don’t think you can legitimately call the doctor in the OP a bad parent for merely letting her child watch a children’s cartoon on YouTube.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This is the society 'norm' that we live in these days!

Seriously, the dark web is no longer dark!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

What cartoon was your boy watching?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Blasphemy bring Francis of the filth into this

Shame on you and your family
edit on 26-2-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
They ought to know better. Wrist slitting is not a very effective suicide method. The femoral artery would be more likely to spell curtains.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
YouTube Kids is full of pedophiles, suicide cults, just your regular good old psychopaths and other similar degenerate filth.

Google of course says they are "aware of it" that "they care" and are "trying to fix it". All of which is a lie since they profit greatly from this and in today's corporate environment profit is all that matters. Doesn't matter where it comes from. They are no better than gun runners or drug cartels.

I would have the FBI launch a full investigation of Google's corporate leadership and management.
edit on -060003am3kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

My boy was watching the new scooby doo cartoons and they had references to nibiru, the Illuminati and all sorts of other conspiracy theories, I was perplexed, I will have to pay more attention to what he watches now I've read your thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

can we discuss how filthy frank is a icon of online humor and music?

Filthy Frank is a personality made and played by Joji, an Japanese American who got his mainstream fame from creating the harlem shake video crazy.

I have meet him(outside of youtube fandom) he is a friend of a friend and is a truly good guy and i understand most people don't have the time or sense of humor to enjoy the Filthy Frank saga. His Pink Guy series and Album are AMAZING.

He would NEVER advocate suicide, its satire of the online landscape and toxicity in general.

get a grip people. Kids don't need youtube videos on how to kill themselves.

If anything Netflix should be getting the heat for promoting suicide and glamorizing it with their series '13 REASONS WHY'.

edit on 4-3-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

kids definitely don't need to set that crap, I've taken steps to ensure my boy doesn't watch that kind of crap, he doesn't get any screen time during the week and I limit screen time on weekends .

I've never heard of filthy frank, I myself watch TV rarely.

<< 1  2   >>

join