It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovered a Mountain of Rotting Garbage in My House this Weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Sheye
What scares me about this story is that he was a chef ? 😮

I wonder why he lost his job ? Bringing maggots to work?

Maggots can be high and protein, and Andrew Zimmern even says they have a nice nutty flavor profile.

perhaps he was raising those maggots to bring to work on purpose.

😆 yeah.. ok.. whatever you say criticalstinker.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
How some one could possibly be ok loving in their own filth like that is beyond me. Animals know better even. Sounds like this guy was a degenerate to the core.

a reply to: dug88

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

🤓🤓🤓 🍲

wiki

Think about that next time you're eating a wonderful cheese that has nice little cronchies.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

A person's home environment, like their cars, says a lot. Sterile clean can show signs of OCD and veneers over bigger problems. When someone jumps the shark and lives the way you've described, it's a probable indication of disassociation and mental illness. A mind tends to have lost its moorings when things get so bad. Even Shakespeare had it nailed when he wrote Hamlet, "Tis an unweeded garden, That grows to seed; things rank and gross in nature, Possess it merely."

In some ways, your friend's room was YOUR 'unweeded garden' depending on how much care, or neighbourliness, you think fellow people deserve. For shame Dug, for shame!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: schuyler
How do people live in the same house for ten years and not know this? TEN years and he was stealing from you? Obviously we don't know your entire circumstances, but this whole thing is beyond bizarre.

That just started recently within the last few months. I dunno what's been going on with him. We're starting to think he's on drugs or something or just gone crazy.

I don't know if you can entirely just blame drugs or whatever... Afterall, I've known quite a few hardcore drug addicts that were total clean freaks, to the point of it being a full blown obsession.

It's just an extreme case of mental illness, I think.

I don't even personally think I could enter a room that's in the condition you describe without literally dry retching... Still though, I kinda feel like I'm not in a position to judge, just because I've never fallen to that kind of level of unhygienic living standards.

I live alone and have my fair share of black dogs chasing me... and I know it's just easy to let mess build up.

If a family member (or whoever) rang me right now and said they were coming over, I think I'd want a good 20 minutes to make the place look respectful.

It kinda actually makes me feel really sorry for a person who's at such rock bottom that they'd allow their living space to become so uninhabitable.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why you'd be angry... I'd personally be infuriated, if I allowed someone to live at my house and they left their room anywhere close to that condition,

Still though, I think it's just really sad... Life can be extremely hard for some people whose head space just isn't in the right place, and sometimes they just give up.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
How some one could possibly be ok loving in their own filth like that is beyond me. Animals know better even. Sounds like this guy was a degenerate to the core.

Sounds to me like he may have been super super depressed. Holing himself up in his room is an indication of a very depressed person.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Sheye

🤓🤓🤓 🍲

wiki

Think about that next time you're eating a wonderful cheese that has nice little cronchies.

Ewww .. you had to show me, didn’t you 😆.

That could explain why this ‘chef’ didn’t see rotting food as s problem .😂JK

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I hope you bought some new pajamas.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: schuyler
How do people live in the same house for ten years and not know this? TEN years and he was stealing from you? Obviously we don't know your entire circumstances, but this whole thing is beyond bizarre.

That just started recently within the last few months. I dunno what's been going on with him. We're starting to think he's on drugs or something or just gone crazy.

I don't know if you can entirely just blame drugs or whatever... Afterall, I've known quite a few hardcore drug addicts that were total clean freaks, to the point of it being a full blown obsession.

It's just an extreme case of mental illness, I think.

I don't even personally think I could enter a room that's in the condition you describe without literally dry retching... Still though, I kinda feel like I'm not in a position to judge, just because I've never fallen to that kind of level of unhygienic living standards.

I live alone and have my fair share of black dogs chasing me... and I know it's just easy to let mess build up.

If a family member (or whoever) rang me right now and said they were coming over, I think I'd want a good 20 minutes to make the place look respectful.

It kinda actually makes me feel really sorry for a person who's at such rock bottom that they'd allow their living space to become so uninhabitable.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why you'd be angry... I'd personally be infuriated, if I allowed someone to live at my house and they left their room anywhere close to that condition,

Still though, I think it's just really sad... Life can be extremely hard for some people whose head space just isn't in the right place, and sometimes they just give up.

Yeah. It really does make me sad, because, I think Kandinsky's comment above yours nailed it. I'm pretty sure he's been dissociative for a while. Whatever the reason, i think actually depression honestly. Even kicking him out, he just didn't seem like he was there. I know he's got problems with his family and generally didn't have the best life growing up. We always tried to be there for him, but he never really talked about anything. I think it was a few years ago he gave up, just one day was talking about how he was a lone wolf in life and weird # like that. He kind of withdrew after that.

He turned down jobs on cruise ships or ones to cook in nice restaurants in other countries. He's actually a really good chef, and taught me how to cook pretty awesome food over the years.

It's just a really #ty situation overall, even now I wish I could have found another way to deal with it.

I dunno, I just hope maybe a change of location and scenery might help him get his # together.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Even Shakespeare had it nailed when he wrote Hamlet, "Tis an unweeded garden, That grows to seed; things rank and gross in nature, Possess it merely."

Weird how Shakespeare had such a thing about weeds in someone's garden when they would dump bathroom buckets in the street out the window.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What else could trolls do before the interwebz?!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

What else could trolls do before the interwebz?!

You're asking the wrong person.

I was born in 89', so my early interactions with people started with....

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

As a pre-internet kid, we'd stand at bus stops so buses would stop and then just smirk at the driver. Now that's hardass trolling.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's just a really #ty situation overall, even now I wish I could have found another way to deal with it.

I dunno, I just hope maybe a change of location and scenery might help him get his # together.

You did what you had to as it was a health hazard. Plus stealing from people is a huge no, no.

A change of location and scenery won't help as his depression is beyond your average every day depression. He needs a mental health professional to help him and I hope he finds one. If you are still in contact with him, I would try to convince him to see someone to get the help he desperately needs.

edit on 25-2-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Take many,many pictures and take him to court!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

While I'm glad he's not in your house at this point, I think he may have a mental health issue that's not being addressed. Kicking someone out, especially a friend, isn't ever easy...and since you discovered the bio-hazard, that makes it a whole lot easier. However I hope your friend/ex tenant gets the professional help he needs.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wow, I've seen some bad places, never maggots or rotting food inside (except on some forclosure cleanouts where people left the house - locked out - with food in the fridge/kitchen). I used to do in home service calls for electronics repair and I have some stories.

IDK if you said whether you took pictures, I would document EVERYTHING as you clean up. Take pics and video (and I'd back them up on a separate USB/storage than just one place - just had a friend get hit with ransomware and lost everything including backups). You may find that you would like to share these pic later for some reason and or in case you end up in court.

I'm not sure that the floor will need to be removed. Some of the carpet padding has a liquid barrier on one side and I've ripped up some NASTY carpets that were soaked in large areas ~8 x 10ft but the plywood floor was fine - it just depends on what was installed. If the floor isn't bad, I'd suggest maybe finding some strong H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) which can be used to clean/bleach/disinfect the floor. You can use this for the first/bulk cleaning as there are no harsh fumes, and then after it dries go back with a light bleach spray (diluted) and spray again and allow to evaportate. Another option is to steam/vacuum clean the wood (like the way they do carpets) and then follow up with the H2O2 followed by the bleach a day later or so. With both of those chemicals, you need to allow them time to do their work (oxidation/killing), so it's best to let them sit.

I have a similar story of a customer I had a work order at their house. It was VERY bad. I'd like to see your pics to compare these.

One lady, about 45-50 with a ~14 yr old daughter & 2 golden retrievers, had a house that was packed floor to ceiling with stuff. LOTS of newspapers & magazines (at least 12 years worth b/c she never threw anything away after her husband died - I think she was looking for messages from him or something). There was only a ~1ft wide path through the house. The stairs where covered in books, newspaper & junk and I could barely get up them to get to her bed room where the TV was. I ended up having to work on this disgusting bed that had 3-4ft of junk on it and a small 2ft x 2ft corner cleared off to fix the TV. Absolutely no room to stand on carpet, I was standing on 6" of junk. The sad thing was she didn't seem very embarassed or thought it was odd. This was in 2008 and she said she worked from home as a "chat room monitor" (whatever that is, I think she was on disability and made that up). I saw the daughter in her room which was just about as bad, VERY slightly better, I did see a bit of carpet. I did my best to work on the TV but it was impossible in that situation and she was trying to scam the warranty company anyway so I put in a part request after diagnosis and told the service company about the situation (very dangerous). I suspect no one took that job to fix her TV.

I was really upset after that visit b/c there was a teen living there. I ended up calling the county social services to report the situation b/c it was a major fire hazard and I saw no smoke detectors in the house (though they could have been hidden behind stacks of crap that actually touched the ceiling). IDK whatever happened to her, I've always wondered but I made it clear to the social workers it was worse than just about anyone could imagine. There were also mountains of dog hair and dust/skin (TV was full of it - YUCK!!). There are A LOT of stories by home repair techs like this and the problem is even if the company knows how bad the place is, they will not tell the techs and they often won't pay you if you can't fix the stuff in the wretched conditions, let alone refuse to enter the hazardous area.

Another place I went to was almost as bad as above, but this guy had LOTS of cats that crapped everywhere. I didn't see them (smelled them right away) and his computer was a solid hairball inside (probably over 2-3lbs of hair/dust which burnt up his CPU & GPU). After that visit I started keeping large trash bags (contractor bags) I could bring in to sit on & put on the floor & work area & kept lots of disposable gloves, breathing masks, etc. I don't care if people get offended, but I had a cough for 2 weeks after that place and had flu like symptoms. Oh, I also stepped in cat crap 2x, once on the steps and then in his bedroom, where the computer was. I also started utilizing my CC (concealed carry) after that visit and make people stand at least 5-7 ft back from me. Lots of strange people out there, many I would consider very sick (mentally) and or disabled.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Damn, yeah that makes it a lot worse if there's kids stuck in a places like that. Hmmm it's hardwood, so I guess as long as the bottom of the pile hasn't started rotting the floor it should hopefully be ok.

Oh yeah...I have pictures and video and was planning to take more. I've already considered needing to go talk to a lawyer or something. I don't plan on paying to have all the # removed.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Im a clean freak sorta. I don't know how some people can live more filthy than the dirtiest animals. Its sickening and to think some people raise kids in these conditions.

No way I could live with anyone that dirty one of us would have to hit the road.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

It's actually more common than you think...that's the really scary part. Guaranteed there's at least one house on your street in the same condition. Don't matter what neighborhood, location, or income bracket...there's always at least one.

edit on 25-2-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join