It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez: People Maybe Shouldn’t Reproduce Due To Climate Change

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

AOC and Clinton are not alone. Many Democrats believe that birth control and abortion should be widely encouraged as a means to combat bad weather.

Sacrificing children to appease the climate god

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

AOC and Clinton are not alone. Many Democrats believe that birth control and abortion should be widely encouraged as a means to combat bad weather.

Sacrificing children to appease the climate god

Could you post the whole piece instead of a tiny snippet?
edit on 26-2-2019 by Sinistra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Ok if that is her belief then I say fine let her get her lady reproductive parts and not reproduce she apparently is one of these climate clowns who is to stupid to realize the so called scientists claiming catastrophe are doing so to make money.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

so it's basically like, there's a scientific consensus

Is there "scientific consensus" or is there "basically like scientific consensus"?

Isn't "basically like scientific consensus" another way of saying their isn't scientific consensus?
edit on 26-2-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sinistra

Being new here, you might not be aware of ATS policy on using offsite content so your insistence can be forgiven. The poster to whom you are replying did provide a link to where you can go read more, if you so chose; no spoon feeding needed.

In regards to the amount of change we humans are responsible for, so far it is negligible and cannot be teased out of the noise to be found in the data regarding the change that naturally occurs.

Here is a post in which I link a study regarding this fact. A portion of that study:

On regional spatial scales, the internal variability can overwhelm the signature of anthropogenic forcing not only on year-to-year time scales, but on multidecadal time scales as well (Hawkins and Sutton 2009; Deser et al. 2012a,b; IPCC 2014). The signal of significant warming is thus expected to “emerge” earliest in regions with relatively small natural variability, such as the tropics (Christensen et al. 2007; Mahlstein et al. 2011; Diffenbaugh and Scherer 2011; Hawkins and Sutton 2012). Understanding and predicting the contribution of internal variability to long-term trends in climate is essential for both the adaptation to and the mitigation of climate change (IPCC 2014).

Quantifying the Role of Internal Climate Variability in Future Climate Trends

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So i just heard that the more co2 is in the air the less clouds there will be. They said that soon there will be no more clouds...

They scare me. What if people buy into this mess?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Who is this woman to tell me what my reproductive rights should be. She is trying to tell women they shouldn't reproduce. Whatever happened to government staying out of women's bodies?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
She should set an example and not breed anymore. One of her is bad enough.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
These people scare me! Do they not realize that the earth goes through cycles, both warming and cooling? That at points in earths past the CO2 and Temps were much higher, guess what the plants did amazingly well under those conditions. Grew bigger and produced more. That at points in the human cycle we have survived ice ages, both large and small, and kept going. The earth is constantly changing, it is only our overwhelming arrogance that allows us to believe that we have any part in it, and that we can do anything to stop it. For assistance think of it a bit like a fly trying to stop a freight train. No matter what the fly can do, even if every fly around joins in to help, it will never be able to stop the train from moving forward. All it and the rest can do is learn to adapt to the change, just like we need to. We should be focusing on tech to repair the planet from the problems we did cause, like pollution (air, land, and sea) rather than wasting time chasing a bogey man.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join