It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slaughterbots and the coming genocides

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Say 3D printers advance to the point where not only can they produce all their own parts, but they can easily manufacturer every possible product available on the market today. Suddenly, there would be zero need for factory workers.

And say AI advances to the point where every possible middle management, corporate accounting, corporate finance, or all information management needed by a corporation can be done without any humans. Say every company's help desk is run by AI software. Say other than doing pipe plumbing (because pipe plumbing is really hard to do with robot engineers), say 90 percent of all the current jobs are all gone.

With all this automation you would probably only need 500,000 human beings left to run the culture and keep the species going. So what do you do with the other 7.53 billion people in the world? So many "useless eaters".

So my question to the forward thinking participates of ATS, who I am sure are all Toffler deciples, so do we get some evil force in government that deploys the military grade killer slaughterbots to reduce the population to desirable percentage of employment levels? Or, does humanity come up with some other rationale, say though Universal Basic Income and culture, to justify the the excessive numbers in our population?

Or, will the powers that be try to come up with a slow and ethical approach to population reduction. Population is really not a problem when women are 100% literate. In developed countries where women have very high literacy rates universally populations decline. Apparently, highly education women lean towards nihilism and choose not to have children in the first place.

It's a weird topic. I think the military slaughterbots are like nuclear missiles in the 70s. I hope we survive the next 20 years get past the threat of mass genocides by slaughterbots.

edit on 24-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Colonize space starting with an actual waystation and drydock in orbit while using SpaceX reusable rockets to shuttle to and from Earth's surface.

Ships built in an orbital drydock don't suffer the same issues as ships launched from the surface.

Using the AI technology, the colonizers need to know emergency procedures like building a basic fire and also engineering repair, etc incase the technology fails for some reason.

I agree that total automation removes a large number of jobs, but also can open the door to many new types of jobs provided we don't stay on one planet.

Limits to exponential growth and all that.

Interesting thread

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think reversible-sterilisation of all humans, from birth, could be implemented.
Then in order to have it reversed you need to apply and be granted a license.
Over millenia, the population will decrease.

Regardless, 280 Trillion humans is too many. 400 Billion humans is too many. 60 Billion humans is too many. 8 billion humans IS TOO MANY!

The planet is small. Finite. Humans act like a virus, with ZERO regard for ensuring the longevity of the species. It’s just “consume the host”, like a virus.

I imagine that within the next thousand years either serious programs will be introduced to reverse population growth, or we’ll have an actual cull.

The genocides of the 20th century were nothing. Billions too many, that’s what we have now. Billions too many.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

With all this automation you would probably only need 500,000 human beings left to run the culture and keep the species going.

They figured it all out long ago. No need to worry though God has it all planned so theirs doesn't count.

Inscriptions A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones[8] in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, and Russian. Maintain humanity under500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity. Unite humanity with a living new language. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court. Avoid petty laws and useless officials. Balance personal rights with social duties. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

edit on 25-2-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

"my question to the forward thinking participates of ATS, who I am sure are all Toffler deciples, so do we get some evil force in government that deploys the military grade killer slaughterbots to reduce the population to desirable percentage of employment levels?"

Quite likely will be used should the appropriate circumstances come to prevail.

However I tend to think vaccines and sudden new diseases for which there is no cure will also be part of the equation. Its already been demonstrated that its easy to convince the masses to readily accept a shot in the arm.

Few people will make the connection between the 'immunisation vaccine' with sickness and finally death in 3-5 years time. Of those who do, near none will ever be able to prove it so vaccines could take over from bullets as the most preferred method to keep the human population down.

The report from Iron Mountain said that war was still the most efficient means of controlling the worlds population. The final 3 days of the think tank deliberations were taken up working out how many ways were there to get and keep the US in war.

I'm a bit inclined to think vaccines, poisonousness food, GMO products and these sorts of things are already playing their part. I read recently that 5 of the most popular German beers had traces of glyphosphate in them and of course its been found in mothers milk at higher concentrations.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
We have to many with 65 or 70 low I.Q.s..

When someone approaches their 13th birthday an I.Q. test is administered and if you do not have an I.Q of at least 90 no breeding for you only sterilization. That might stop some of the marrying your brother or sister or you cousins as it is known that kills any chance of having smarts not to mention all the medical problems.

Will it happen..I doubt it.. There are many countries in the world with declining populations...some are in really bad shape over the next 30 years... Africa seems to be the only place with gains in population according to the last paper I saw.

People who hate people.... maybe we could have and advertised a nice way of killing them...all for mother earth etc etc.. Maybe donate some money to their relatives... make it sound noble and desirable.. There are a certain percentage that would go for that even today..

The save mother earth crowd has not changed as there were those screaming the same stuff back in the 50s or when we had just a few billion people supposedly world wide...

IF we are going into another mini ice age dear old mother earth is going to prune the tree of life big time through starvation. If not that then let a super volcano go off and clean a given population or another meteor strike and send the world back to the stone age. Maybe those who hate people will start another global war.. We seem to have one every century so that is not that far fetched especially looking at the geopolitical situation around the world today..

If we destroy ourselves or have another Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao, for leadership the "to many people crowd" will be the last worry many will have..

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Robots dont get paid, robots dont buy things. If they take all all the people jobs who is going to be buying the things they make, who is going to be investing in the companys they manage....

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Mass genocides, breeding programs for "desirable" traits, ie eugenics, forced sterilization.
Dang guys, some pretty progressive ideas there.
Too bad Hitler failed at all of these eh?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Your topic is one of the major proponents for universal basic income. UBI will not be in overnight, but it's exactly because of what you describe that it will be eventually necessary.

Many jobs and professions will become obsolete leaving people to do what? Become artists? Do whatever they like? Do what they do now, but do it for free, for the betterment of the society? With the advent of AI and robotics we will be in this situation soon, within a few decades, and we need to be ready for some of the greatest changes in the society that it will bring along. For the first time ever, humans won't need to work. How do they get paid?

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zeropinion
Mass genocides, breeding programs for "desirable" traits, ie eugenics, forced sterilization.

When you say "progressive", I think you meant to say " SocialCrat."
Many of these SocialCrats are still butthurt for Trump winning the Presidency.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Your topic is one of the major proponents for universal basic income. UBI will not be in overnight, but it's exactly because of what you describe that it will be eventually necessary.

Many jobs and professions will become obsolete leaving people to do what? Become artists? Do whatever they like? Do what they do now, but do it for free, for the betterment of the society? With the advent of AI and robotics we will be in this situation soon, within a few decades, and we need to be ready for some of the greatest changes in the society that it will bring along. For the first time ever, humans won't need to work. How do they get paid?

Universal income does not need that to become a needed thing.... Self driving cars should do the trick. Bus drivers, taxis, truckers.... we are looking at many millions of people, who have dedicated their lives to making sure that all of us can function.... often at the expense of having their own.. normal life.... are gonna suffer badly..... and not just them.
The wont need lawn care.... they wont be going out to eat.....buying a new car...... sending their kids to collage.

They deserve better than to be told to ... learn to code.... or go in for retraining for a job no one will hire them for due to age or lack of experience in the field........ I don;t know what the best answer is, but welfare for all, universal income or whatever you call it is a better option than sorry about your luck and having millions of families in panic and despair

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
If 3d printers advance to the point where they can make absolutely anything, 99% of the manufacturing companies wont exist anymore anyway.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Say 3D printers advance to the point where not only can they produce all their own parts, but they can easily manufacturer every possible product available on the market today. Suddenly, there would be zero need for factory workers.

Not if people that push the green new deal have their way.

ABS plastic ( the filament used) acrylonitrile,butadiene,styrene is made from OIL.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You say that only 500 million will be needed. That's the figure on the Georgia Guide Stones!
It says to 'maintain' humanity at 500 million........ so no need to worry about jobs for more than 500 million.
It seems that more than 500 million humans are a threat to the Earth..... according to the guide stones.
edit on 25-2-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zeropinion

This thread is not for the feigned hearted!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

You say that only 500 million will be needed. That's the figure on the Georgia Guide Stones!
It says to 'maintain' humanity at 500 million........ so no need to worry about jobs for more than 500 million.
It seems that more than 500 million humans are a threat to the Earth..... according to the guide stones.

I never trust anyone who uses stones for paper. Too inflexible.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

I think the theory is if people had UBI income it would generate all kinds of commerce from culture. For example, there's no reason to have the NBA or the Olympics but it gives lots of meaning and opportunity in peoples lives. The theory is more culture will create more interesting things to do for the ultra-rich. Instead of having one really good Star Wars movie every 10 years we will get one every 5 if the market is there. That is the thinking behind having UBI.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

On top of writing contracts and posting on ATS, I also operate 40 3D printers and I can tell you now that if these slaughterbots are 3D printed, we'll be able to take them out of commission fairly easily with light thrust from a pipe or a bat. When I read this, I was thinking more like Terminator 2 (just watched it again last night). But then again, some John Connor of the future may come save us.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I think reversible-sterilisation of all humans, from birth, could be implemented.
Then in order to have it reversed you need to apply and be granted a license.
Over millenia, the population will decrease.

Regardless, 280 Trillion humans is too many. 400 Billion humans is too many. 60 Billion humans is too many. 8 billion humans IS TOO MANY!

The planet is small. Finite. Humans act like a virus, with ZERO regard for ensuring the longevity of the species. It’s just “consume the host”, like a virus.

I imagine that within the next thousand years either serious programs will be introduced to reverse population growth, or we’ll have an actual cull.

The genocides of the 20th century were nothing. Billions too many, that’s what we have now. Billions too many.

Perfectly stated. Sterilization would be the way to go. But it would be hard to pass when you're eliminating voters. Most of us who were born in the 80's and prior, were born to parents who grew up dirt poor and made the way to success for themselves. Their parents had to fight to survive and the kids (our parents) watched them and it changed the way they operated once they came of age. Today's parents, in that same scenario, are coddled and given all the handouts they need to survive and it's based on the number of kids they have. More kids equals higher handouts. Most of those kids learn this and become mirrors of their parents. No more fighting for survival. No more motivation to work. The only motivation is more kids born into poverty to live in poverty until they're old enough to have their own impoverished family.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Not if people that push the green new deal have their way.

ABS plastic ( the filament used) acrylonitrile,butadiene,styrene is made from OIL.

They won't have their way. They're just too ignorant to understand how many things America uses daily have oil and other "nongreen" things in their makeup.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join