It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With women in combat roles, a federal court rules male-only draft unconstitutional

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

If she’s raising the child, why shouldn’t she be entitled to half the household as part of the split and then additional resources for the kid?

Cause it isnt fair if she never paid for anything. Child support yes but the rest? No.

That’s not how marriage works. You split all assets from the time you were married equally. If children are involved more goes to who watches the kids more.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No, the reasons for the split don’t matter. The man had plenty of choice. If you don’t want to deal with someone falling out of love with you and moving on, then don’t get married.

If you thought the marriage would last forever and it didn’t, then simply accept that you made a bad decision.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That is total bs.

What you say is not even legal.

Marriage is a contract and if you want damages or out of the contract you have to show cause.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

For church weddings yes, but according to the state anyone can divorce at any time. And that’s what matters.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

For church weddings yes, but according to the state anyone can divorce at any time. And that’s what matters.

You must be pulling my leg. Your post history says you are smarter than this. Why would you represent the truth with such ignorance?

Marriage is a legal contract that can only be dissolved by a judge for a handful of reasons. I will admit that now days they have become very relaxed in defending the contract and that has been my point all along but no matter they still have to list valid reasons for breaking the legal binding contract of marriage by the state.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Archivalist

Foreskin removal is not the same as removing the part of the female
Significantly different body parts
I don’t think you can equate them to be fair

I totally disagree, chopping of part of any child for religious purposes is mutilation.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

How about for cleanliness reasons?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Marriage is a legal contract that can only be dissolved by a judge for a handful of reasons. I will admit that now days they have become very relaxed in defending the contract and that has been my point all along but no matter they still have to list valid reasons for breaking the legal binding contract of marriage by the state.

No, in most states (the laws do vary slightly by place) there's a bunch of reasons, but most importantly there are some catch all reasons like "incompatibility", and every single state has some form of blanket no fault divorce. There are no laws that force people to be married that don't wish to be married. Either party can end a marriage at any time as a no fault divorce. In an at fault divorce, there are some other stipulations.
edit on 28-2-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

No, in most states (the laws do vary slightly by place) there's a bunch of reasons, but most importantly there are some catch all reasons like "incompatibility", and every single state has some form of blanket no fault divorce. There are no laws that force people to be married that don't wish to be married. Either party can end a marriage at any time as a no fault divorce. In an at fault divorce, there are some other stipulations.

When there are children involved it is not as easy as you make it out but at least you finally agree that it is a legal contract.

What i am saying that the when children are involved and a woman decides for no valid reason than she changed her mind then no man should have to pay her a dime if he is willing to take equal part in raising the kids. A man should not be forced to pay for their rent or anything else if he has done nothing wrong and has valid alternatives for them like a house of his own. In a case like that everything should be voluntary. Yet many cases exist where no matter the reason men are forced to pay even if they are already helping out or have givin other options.

A woman waking up one day and saying i can do better is not a valid reason to drain a mans bank account.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Who is to decide what a valid reason is?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Who is to decide what a valid reason is?
Judges just as they do now.

There is however much relaxed view when dealing with such even though the laws are clear. In some states they make couples wait and go through counselling.

I heard that google recently done a 90% audit and found that men in their company overall are more underpaid than woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join