It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Directed Panspermia : Ultimate Nanotech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hello

I'd like to share a few thoughts....

By now many of us are familiar with what DNA is or at least, what we are told it is and does. Also, many of us now live in a world where Nanotechnology is in the process of changing our reality from what it was just a couple of decades ago. Soon, the two fields will mesh and become almost indistinguishable as they compliment one another.

Many years ago when I first heard the phrase of Nanotech, I was enthralled with all the possibilities of micro machines, then later as I researched it's biological counterpart of things already functioning on that and smaller scales realized that for me the next logical step for Nanotech evolution is biological replication and not strictly "Manipulating matter into function bots"

To me DNA and its storing, transferring, recreating/replication, error correcting, and adaptations are the result of programming, who or what was the programmer? Seeding life to take hold, adapt, evolve and flourish seems to be the ultimate goal of life itself. We create more and more advanced computational devices in an attempt to recreate Intelligence albeit artificial, We engage in recreating or mimicking life on its smallest biological level through Nanotech.

Am I the only one who sees that all we are doing is attempting to recreate that which "Nature/God/Universe" has already? Yet seem to not give credit to that which caused our existence?

If there is no creator, no programmer, no intelligent design then we should be fully humbled by Nature in it's ability to create, sustain and flourish by means and in fields we struggle to understand and replicate presently. I feel that someday we too shall be able to seed the Galaxy. But not by "Micro bots" as envisioned by some Science Fiction writers or far seeing Scientist but rather by Biological Adaptable Replicating Amino Acids.

According to findings of Comets which are infused with Amino Acids it seems, that Someone or Some thing, may have already beaten us to the punch.

Building Blocks of Life Found in Comet's Atmosphere

For the first time, scientists have directly detected a crucial amino acid and a rich selection of organic molecules in the dusty atmosphere of a comet, further bolstering the hypothesis that these icy objects delivered some of life's ingredients to Earth

DNA Nobel Prize Winner Francis Crick Says our genes Were Planted Here By Aliens Directed Panspermia

DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid is a molecule composed of two chains that coil around each other to form a double helix carrying the genetic instructions used in the growth, development, functioning, and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses.

Nanotechnology
Nanoscience and nanotechnology are the study and application of extremely small things and can be used across all the other science fields, such as chemistry, biology, physics, materials science, and engineering.

Beyond Genetics: DNA in Nanotechnology

My earliest memories of the concept of nanotechnology conjure up images of manipulating single atoms to make new devices. DNA brings a priceless addition to this enterprise: self-assembly. DNA's regularity in base pairing rules makes it a feasible building material for self-assembling nanodevices, constructed by simply mixing together their components in the correct ratio.

An array of computational tools, a variety of assembly strategies, and the ability to make DNA functional by imbuing computational ability on the DNA or employing aptamers could make DNA a powerful tool for nanotechnology.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The ultimate nanotech is a self filling beer bottle.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Very interesting thread. Nanotechnology is very cool, I'm excited to see where we go with it. I recently watched a video about how some were working on energy solutions with nanotech, with different ways of producing photosynthesis.

On the more extreme side a book I read not too long ago that looked at the potential darkside of where nanotch could lead humanity.

77 Shadow Street.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Outrage culture deemed this man, the founder of DNA and winner of nobel prizes, a racist. Yes you heard correctly.

This man came to say the DNA between whites and blacks are different. Insomuch as that black IQ is lower due their different DNA.

Hey, whats he know anyway right?? Food for thought.

Source
edit on 24-2-2019 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Thats "James Watson" NOT "Francis Crick"

edit on 24-2-2019 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ah you are correct. The man who discovered the double helix, instead.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

For the first time, scientists have directly detected a crucial amino acid and a rich selection of organic molecules in the dusty atmosphere of a comet, further bolstering the hypothesis that these icy objects delivered some of life's ingredients to Earth

Every new discovery IMO points to life is ubiquitous throughout this universe.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Great thought provoking thread, Slayer. I, too, see humans attempting to play or replicate God with our technology so you are not alone in those thoughts.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Where did the aliens come from and how did they evolve?
Still with the original question

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

... Am I the only one who sees that all we are doing is attempting to recreate that which "Nature/God/Universe" has already? Yet seem to not give credit to that which caused our existence?

If there is no creator, no programmer, no intelligent design then we should be fully humbled by Nature in it's ability to create, sustain and flourish by means and in fields we struggle to understand and replicate presently. ...

No, you are not.

And I hold that the idea of the cosmos coming into existence on its own experience nihilo is more ludicrous than the idea of the device on which you are reading this page coming into existence on its own and from nothingness. The former is infinitely more complex than the latter and it really demands blind faith to accept that interpretation of the origen of the cosmos.

Mankind is doing precisely what you mention, having decided collectively that the race should push the idea of a transcendent creator outv of the picture and take the place of said creator.

It won't end well ...
:
edit on 2019 2 24 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Hello

I'd like to share a few thoughts....

By now many of us are familiar with what DNA is or at least, what we are told it is and does. Also, many of us now live in a world where Nanotechnology is in the process of changing our reality from what it was just a couple of decades ago. Soon, the two fields will mesh and become almost indistinguishable as they compliment one another.

Many years ago when I first heard the phrase of Nanotech, I was enthralled with all the possibilities of micro machines, then later as I researched it's biological counterpart of things already functioning on that and smaller scales realized that for me the next logical step for Nanotech evolution is biological replication and not strictly "Manipulating matter into function bots"

To me DNA and its storing, transferring, recreating/replication, error correcting, and adaptations are the result of programming, who or what was the programmer? Seeding life to take hold, adapt, evolve and flourish seems to be the ultimate goal of life itself. We create more and more advanced computational devices in an attempt to recreate Intelligence albeit artificial, We engage in recreating or mimicking life on its smallest biological level through Nanotech.

Am I the only one who sees that all we are doing is attempting to recreate that which "Nature/God/Universe" has already? Yet seem to not give credit to that which caused our existence?

If there is no creator, no programmer, no intelligent design then we should be fully humbled by Nature in it's ability to create, sustain and flourish by means and in fields we struggle to understand and replicate presently. I feel that someday we too shall be able to seed the Galaxy. But not by "Micro bots" as envisioned by some Science Fiction writers or far seeing Scientist but rather by Biological Adaptable Replicating Amino Acids.

According to findings of Comets which are infused with Amino Acids it seems, that Someone or Some thing, may have already beaten us to the punch.

Building Blocks of Life Found in Comet's Atmosphere

DNA Nobel Prize Winner Francis Crick Says our genes Were Planted Here By Aliens Directed Panspermia

DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid is a molecule composed of two chains that coil around each other to form a double helix carrying the genetic instructions used in the growth, development, functioning, and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses.

Nanotechnology
Nanoscience and nanotechnology are the study and application of extremely small things and can be used across all the other science fields, such as chemistry, biology, physics, materials science, and engineering.

Beyond Genetics: DNA in Nanotechnology

My earliest memories of the concept of nanotechnology conjure up images of manipulating single atoms to make new devices. DNA brings a priceless addition to this enterprise: self-assembly. DNA's regularity in base pairing rules makes it a feasible building material for self-assembling nanodevices, constructed by simply mixing together their components in the correct ratio.

An array of computational tools, a variety of assembly strategies, and the ability to make DNA functional by imbuing computational ability on the DNA or employing aptamers could make DNA a powerful tool for nanotechnology.
To sum it up...God is in the details.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ahhhh - good stuff - bookmarking to study later

Thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Where did your deity come from, how did it evolve?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Raggedyman

Where did your deity come from, how did it evolve?

A bigger bang
Stupid answer isn't it😱😜

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Fractal creations.....As above so below....so within

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starwise

Fractal creations.....As above so below....so within

As above so below....so within

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If we could do it now, some specie a thousand times or more older could certainly have done so...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Another video to ponder. Both are Science NOW, not Science Fiction someday...

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Related News

Living gears in the insect Issus Coleoptratus

There is an insect called the Issus Coleoptratus that has biological mechanical gears that is uses to use its legs.

Dangerous pathogens use this sophisticated machinery to infect hosts

Gastric cancer, Q fever, Legionnaires' disease, whooping cough—though the infectious bacteria that cause these dangerous diseases are each different, they all utilize the same molecular machinery to infect human cells.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Such theories as panspermia and directed panspermia really do not solve the question of life’s origin. They just sort of avoid the question by transporting the problem off into the distant universe.

Some 40 years ago, a group of 30 scientists attending a University of Maryland meeting on advanced civilizations focused in on what is needed to support life. After admitting that ‘no planet outside of the solar system had yet been discovered,’ they noted: “Even if another planetary system is formed, there is no certainty it will produce a solid planet like Earth, which contains nearly 100 elements, including those essential to life.”

Also, even if the right conditions prevail, which is so on the earth and no other place that is known, life does not exist automatically. In fact, scientists cannot really explain how life on earth appeared, that is, other than draw the conclusion that it was produced by an intelligent Creator.

The August/​September 1979 issue of Technology Review called attention to this fact. It admitted that there is “a major gap” between chemicals needed to support life and even the simplest “living systems that could be called protocells.” Some scientists, employing their intelligence, skills and advanced laboratories, have been able to suggest how “prebiotic organic chemicals” (the chemical compounds needed for life) could be present on a primitive earth. “But,” the article said, “how to get from there to a living system which can translate, transmit, and act upon information . . . is what M.I.T.’s Alexander Rich called ‘the big intellectual stumbling block in the synthesis of life.”’

Because of this some scientists faced with this problem (the question of life’s origin) are reviving theories such as the “panspermia theory”, presented in 1908 by Swedish chemist Svante Arrhenius. Or modernizing the idea a bit and suggesting “directed panspermia.” The modern form of this theory illustrates that, consciously or not, many serious scientists realize that the existence of life must have resulted from the act of an intelligent Being, whom the Bible identifies as God.

In this regard, science editor Albert Rosenfeld relates: “I was chatting about all this with a non-scientific friend, who finally commented: ‘As an early reader of the Book of Genesis, I’m somehow not surprised at the idea that Someone Out There put us here. And if such a magical, mysterious, and powerful intelligence exists that is utterly beyond human imagining, can you give me a good reason why I shouldn’t call it God?’ I could give him no good reason why not.”​—Saturday Review/​World.

Saying that life comes from outer space, notes science writer Boyce Rensberger, “merely changes the location of the mystery.” It does not explain the origin of life. It merely sidesteps the issue by relocating the origin to another solar system or galaxy. The real issue remains:

How Did Life Begin? The Origin of Life—Five Questions Worth Asking

That would be question 1 btw. After all, this subforum is called “Origins and Creationism”. Not “Science & Technology” or “Aliens and UFOs” or “SETI@home Discussion”.
edit on 22-5-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join