It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vehicle to have when the SHTF

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

If you're running on grain alcohol, save some for yourself and play "Comfortably Numb" and CRANK the guitar solo.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
If your group is lactose intolerant, you can run em on farts...lots and lots of farts. Just make sure you have lots and lots of beans.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I do not have a sweet vehicle for a SHTF situation. I do intend to eat my obnoxious Italian neighbors if the need arises. Not sure how far I would get in their #ty Fiat.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

My 85 Jeep CJ7 can conquer just about ny terrain.
38 inch Mickey Thompson tires, 4x4 with articulated axels.

You put it in my way, I can drive over it... well within reason that is.
I’ve invested a lot of money to have the ultimate off-road vehicle.

An articulated Hummer would be nice to...if you have a good source of fuel.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Would it be plausible to go to the animal shelter and gather a fleet of dogs to haul a wagon around with your supplies?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i'm getting an older tractor prior to the SHTF (a 5-10 acre mini farm type tractor)...I plan to adjust it to run on bio-diesel which can be made on the property...

of course the time after the initial SHTF event, we will likely have a choice of salvage vehicles to choose from or scrounge parts ...especially with a 10 mile search radius with a tractor with chain to pull a vehicle candidate to one of our out buildings/sheds here at home... tractors can plow or till as needed for mini-farming to boot

my plan for after the event depends on whats available after the event and I 'adjust'

the pre-planned model that is the boards general consensus relies too much on the survivors/preppers having a well stocked motor repair shop already on hand...(kinda like about what the Cuban's cobbled together over the many decades of parts scrounging & likely covert parts aquistions from Cuban's in Florida who could bootleg stuff into Castro's Cuba from neighboring islands)

~Lot's of pre-planned operations hit unexpected pitfalls, so I chose to be versatile instead...who knows we might never need more than a utility tractor as 'traveling' would be a nomad's life -> not a hunker-down settlers/ sodbusters' lifestyle
edit on th28155102926024272019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I like this sort of thread because everyone piles in with different POVs. Everything from "you need a tank" to "your own two feet are all you need".

The OP didn't lay it out like this but I kinda get the feeling that a modest motorcycle will get you out of a big city much faster than walking, so it wins in that regard.

Once you are in the sticks you might have to move periodically or just have a bit more carrying capacity and here it wins again, compared to just your own two feet. Horses and other animals would actually be better here but does someone who lives in a city because that is where they have landed a job and can stay there as long as the S doesn't hit the fan even have that option?

I got this feel from the OP because they specifically said,

"The idea that a full tank of gas around 3.2 gallons thereabouts can get you over three hundred miles away from a dangerous situation in about six hours at its comfortable cruising speed was a great consideration."
edit on 24-2-2019 by daskakik because: reading and comp problems

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I'm pretty sure the OP meant reliable by bulletproof and not literally able to repel bullets.
edit on 24-2-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A horse.
2nd

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yes by bulletproof I mean that the engine is reliable, you have to say that when its time to bug out, the roads will be clogged especially if leaving a city, a motorbike is the only option. Because it can get around the blocked roads. As far as a place to bug out too goes, you would have to anticipate the timing somewhat, a valley with water running through it in the hills or mountains. Because if the hills are either side and the place isnt strategic enough to warant a nuke, then any blast will go over you. If the Government declares a state of war its time to get out, or if you cant raise city officilals during a time of crisis it might be time as well. In Britain they had a system called RSG's which meant regional seats of government, which were stocked underground shelters which if you were one of the chosen , you could get in, but most of the people would be shot if they tried to enter.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
An Abrams M-1 tank pulling a bullet proof fuel trailer.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: madmac5150

If you're running on grain alcohol, save some for yourself and play "Comfortably Numb" and CRANK the guitar solo.

Drinking and driving is illegal, good sir...

We live 30 minutes from Washington state... a green alternative, and it goes better with Pink Floyd.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That is one bad ass CJ on 38's nice. I would like to see that bad boy.

I have owned a fair few Jeeps, driving a 4door JK atm. Would love to have a CJ as a toy.
edit on 25-2-2019 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

(post by endtimesmessages removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Think you on the right track when it comes to two wheels. Personally I'd ditch the engine and go for a proper peddle bike, something like a mountain bike. No reliance on others for keeping it going, just your own push. Take plenty of spare inner tubes and tyres, but maybe go for solid rubber tyres. Pannier rack on the rear and front too for carrying the essentials. Maybe do without gears too as they can be trouble long term. No discs as they are more mither and going to let us down at some point, just old style brakes with blocks. Probably take it in camo paint too as there will be pleanty of people to avoid if a breakdown in society happens. For this possibility one will need to strap a samurai sword to the frame for immediate use to cut through troublesome populations.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Changed me mind...................... A donkey would be the perfect vehicle. Free running costs just a bit of water and grass, a very strong vehicle capable of transporting you and your goods, a friend in times of war, plus if things get bad on the food front you can eat your vehicle. It will probable outlast and other vehicle too having a life span of decades. If it's good enough to transport the most famous person in the west to his birth then it's good enough for the job

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

For this possibility one will need to strap a samurai sword to the frame for immediate use to cut through troublesome populations.

In the US of A with the Second activated at the highest levels ... a sword?

LOL

Try a dual centre stand and mount a light machine gun on the rear pannier or centre of the handle bars.

Perhaps a grenade launcher.

Not a sword mate.

Perfect vehicle for SHTF in the USA.

P

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If fuel wasn't issue I'd take any one of these. If you needed self containment and a place to sleep, the Unimog is tough to beat.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
An older small block diesel based truck that can run on corn syrup if need be.

Mercedes W123 200D, runs on everything burnable.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Lord Humongous 😘

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join