It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A massive expansion leads to the first ultrahigh-voltage AC-DC power grid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

South African Parliament is a good example. Did you know you can get your local witch doctor paid for on your health care insurance lol.

GTFO! Wow - hahaha

Whilst some sort of excuse could be understood re "colonialism" when it comes to Africa, Mexico's on a whole other level.

I'm letting this sink in slowly into my brain....LOL

they steal the wires that run the trains and the tracks that the trains run

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow... great thread with self appointed experts who clearly didn't do any research on how it works or is done. Seems like a couple of people played around with a few things here and there and scaled up their experience...Here is an interesting article that google spat out at me by searching for "thyristors ultra high voltage"

pdfs.semanticscholar.org...

The structure of the equipment, and these big bells or domes are to reduce the risk of arcing. With high electric fields any compression of the fields due to sharp edges or dielectric causes local high fields that can cause breakdown. Name of the game is to stay below around 3 kV/mm (depending on humidity)

Getting Ultra High voltage across a disconnect point or through a wall is notoriously difficult as you generate high fields. Physics experiments operating in liquid Noble gas have similar issues, the design of high voltage feedthroughs is always tricky.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join