It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Way is the Wind Blowing???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"There's no wind at all!!"...she said.

Okay...I'll just start on the left side of the driveway... because I know better. The new snow was probably 12-14 inches.

The snow blower is a biggin' and it will throw some snow now!. So I made my way over to the left side and turned the chute left.

Well, it took about 5 seconds for me to be a snowman with the snow blowing back over me! No wind, huh??? So, I turned the chute to the right....snow flying about 45' feet...okay we're good now!

Wife says...Well, when you get over to the other side the snow will be so deep you can't blow it with the snow blower!"

Note: This is why we bought a a 14hp 2 stage (not three) blower...this thing will move some snow!!

So I'm out there in the 18" deep snow, just launching this stuff like 60 feet.

The neighbor comes over and tell''s me "Wow...that's like a force multiplier! would you mind if I borrowed it???"

Jackass...I told him hell NO!! Asked why he never paid his dues for our road, and all the snow plowing, and re-work we do on the road...the freaking TOAD! (He's got some lame excuse). Anyway...

We hadn 't plowed the road yet. (all two miles of it)

So I told this wanker..."Okay, well, why don't you come over and help us put the chains on the skid steer, and then hook up the (60" snow blower)??".

He says he'll be over in a few minutes...but never shows up. Just putting the chains on are hard, as they weigh about 100lb's per chain set. So we get the skid chained up and the snow blower on, with all the hydraulic lines.

So I'm going down the road, throwing 34" of snow about 90 feet off the side of the road with the skid...and this dude is nowhere to be found. My other two neighbors are out there on their tractors with buckets trying to push the edges...we're all moving snow. Everybody is out there working ... EXCEPT for this jackass! And what does this jackass do???? ........... He's following me (in the skid with the snowblower) down the road so he can get his sorry POS F#ing van out to the County road!!!! No S#! It's a good thing I'm not armed in the skid when I'm clearing snow because I definitely would have taken out a tire or two on this dude's sorry rig!! This POS, talked all big, like he was going to help (for the first time in SEVEN years) and then just punked out! (as usual).

I probably burned 60 gallons of diesel today blowing snow, and this dude just crept out behind me in the skid. He's never helped us once! Not once!

Loser!

Anyway, I set up a new weather station on our place today. Our old one had been seriously bludgeoned over the past six years. I'm pretty happy with it, it's pro-gear stuff...and we are weather monitors for NOAA. So, despite it all...I got something done for US.

Note: Temps 25F, winds 9mph out of the NW, wind chill 23F. Baro at 29.84 and steady. Dew point...17F.

F# 'em...life is good!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So, tonight we sit trying to take the chains off the skid...it's hard. Tomorrow we will have to take down hay bales to the upper and lower corrals. It will be muddy, but the chains will only make it worse.

So, tonight we will spend our time getting all the four-wheelers going, and the trucks...to be ready for tomorrow. The snow is still up to our thighs, and it's hard to walk. The dogs just disappear in the snow, they're like submarines, poking their head's up to see where they are. They're having a BLAST! Bounding through the snow. We, on the other hand, are struggling to keep the animals fed and watered.

Such is life in Colorado on a full-on cattle ranch.

And....in a few weeks the calves will be born, and all the madness begins all over again.

We BELIEVE!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I bet you can build one hell of a snowman though!

I always thought I'd love to live in North America, but holy # that's a lot of snow. I live in Ireland and we're lucky to see it once every three years, and even then its no more than a foot... although last year was the worst we had in a long time (there were places it was 3-4 feet).

I loved it for the first two or three days but that # gets old quick.

At first reading your post I thought it was a fictional story, you are definitely a writer!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't know which way it blows but I just passed some if you catch my drift.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RoryRahl23

That's the thing about the US and N. America though. It's so big that we have climates for every flavor over here. If you think Colorado sounds like too much snow, there are places in the south you might like more. They get a lot less snow although you may have to dodge hurricanes and tornadoes in those states.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Does the wind always blow the same way?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Fu**ing people. Don't you just hate them? People,GERRRR. I hate hunters especially. SOB'S! GERRRR. I hate tailgaters too. GERRRR. And woman drivers, don't even get me started. GERRRR GERRRR GERRRR

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Fu**ing people. Don't you just hate them? People,GERRRR. I hate hunters especially. SOB'S! GERRRR. I hate tailgaters too. GERRRR. And woman drivers, don't even get me started. GERRRR GERRRR GERRRR

Me too. People suck. That's why we read / post messages on social media..... right?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
About hunters here. There are 2 camps 1000 feet south of me and for 3 months out of the year every damn weekend they are popping off high power rounds in my general direction. When I'm outside, every round near makes me jump out of my skin. I don't care if they kill every deer in the county but the constant shooting drives me to drink.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

I've pissed off a few here but it's mostly entertainment. I'm single for the past 3 years now and live in a rural area in a rural county. If I enjoyed people more I would move to the city. I enjoy my peace, quiet and somewhat isolation. But yes, some people do piss me off.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Sounds like you should try putting the bottle down. Ever thought of smoking some weed?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The only thing the U.S. is lacking is morons with guns. Thanks for your services!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

Sounds like you should try putting the bottle down. Ever thought of smoking some weed?

Funny you should mention that. My sour mash costs $50 a half gallon here. I can drive 60 miles to the Pulaski county line and get it for $30. I buy 2 cases at a time that lasts around 4 months. It saves me around $240 or so over prices here but yes, I would rather smoke a little but recreational is not legal here.

Fricking politicians. GERRRR
edit on 23-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If I were a moron I'd be shooting back at them.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

If I were a moron I'd be shooting back at them.

Okay. My mistake.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You wouldn't fair well around here, my friend!

Not well at all!

...no, not well at all!!

ETA - Heh, and the OP was about "SNOW!" ....LOL!!

edit on 2/23/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You've always been a hard worker and a good man. When my Husband and I were still able, we would always shovel or plow. Now we have to rely on others in the apartment building where we are and feel bad that we can't help. They do a half assed job, so it's kind of dangerous going out when we have a lot of snow and ice. Luckily this Winter hasn't been a bad one.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm so sorry, and I understand.

This morning, my wife shoveled off the front deck. There was a lot of snow. She left one part un-shoveled, and I pointed this out.

She'd left it for the Australian Shepard to lay in...she said it was his "snow couch'. And...that's right where that dog laid all day today, right in the snow. He won't come inside. We call him the "Snowman", and he just lays outside, no matter how cold, on patrol...protecting us against all rabbits, coyotes, robbers, garbage men, UPS drivers, mail persons...and anyone else who shows up.

He'll lay out in the snow with the cows, never moving, right in with them. They (the cows) don't like him too much, but he'll be completely motionless and they relax.

Never saw a dog like this one.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Do you have a pic of the dog? It's good that he is so protective.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He balances out Snowstorms to Hurricanes and Tornados, then wisely decides to never leave Ireland again. He quietly begins building himself a bunker underneath his house.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join