It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trying to give me a ticket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My car had a removable front plate enclosed holder that I removed when I got it.
In Nevada if you have one that does not have a plate you are in trouble.
I removed mine and only rock the rear.
Some dumbass rookie that was riding passenger in the SUV just cited me for not having a front one and will now be seeing me in court. Clearly his OC will be hearing from me. I will not let this stand and will win my short case.
Being forced to have a front plate is freaking stupid and me beating the system and then being stopped just for that really bugs me.
I was also taking some back roads to avoid the crazy drivers on a Friday night here in "sin city".
Dude go and patrol those actually doing bad. I did nothing wrong man. just wanted some smokes and a six pack!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why didn't you just put the front plate in the holder instead of removing the holder ?

The NV DMV has been giving 2 plates for years already 😀

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have a custom plate and refuse to pay the difference.
If I didn’t then I wouldn’t mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'm still using those old NV plates we're not supposed to use anymore and never been stopped

Also I'm with ya, I wasn't aware front plates were required? I see a lot of vehicles without em.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know where you live but here the police cruiser has a sensor atop the vehicle that checks those in front and behind.
I assume that sensor got me on my absent front plate. Which most likely pinged something.
They pulled off and then flipped the lights after I passed them.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I forgot to renew my tags last year. Eight months later an officer let me know it. He didn't give me a ticket. The next morning I got my tags renewed. All of the officers that I have come into contact with are stand up people.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Is it or isnt it against the law to not show both front and back plates in Nevada.

I'm unclear from reading the thread.

Is it optional?

If you have enough money for a custom plate surely you would be good with the plate in the front as well?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Pretty sure that in no matter what state you are in, liberal paradise or conservative hell...

Your vehicle is required to be properly registered.

Pull your head out of your bum and follow the law.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Is it or isnt it against the law to not show both front and back plates in Nevada.

I'm unclear from reading the thread.

Is it optional?

If you have enough money for a custom plate surely you would be good with the plate in the front as well?

Thanks in advance.

In Nevada if your vehicle has a front mount you are required by law to have a plate on it.
I removed my front mount some time ago before I got my vehicle registered. At that time the state recognized my car as being within the law and only made me get one plate.
So I will win this case but after I am sure I will be told to install the mount and get a front plate.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It might be wise to go ahead and get the plate and holder before your court day and once they know you complied they might throw out the ticket.
I wouldn’t wait for them to ask you to do it because they may still fine you and then give you a time limit to get it done.
edit on 23-2-2019 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Michigan does not require a front plate anymore, which makes it easier for criminals to not get caught. It is sometimes to get the plate number of a car speeding away if it leaves from the scene of an accidents, having one on the front can make it easier for someone to get the plate number. I think a lot of rich kids were getting in trouble so the parents had influence so dumped the front plate. It is also harder to steal two plates without getting caught than one.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Ohio as well...2 plates req'd...though my Michigan cars both have none, and I do get pulled over occasionally...I've not gotten tickets....

But in states w that req...resident's certainly will w/o one in front

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Where I'm at, front and rear plates required.
Mounts have nothing to do with it.

No mount? Staple that registration plate to your inferior plastic bumper, slave. Or else!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

makes sense - thanks

top topics

join