It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Arrested For Posting Video Of High School Brawl On Social Media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

However, the law, introduced in 2008, only applies to "a person who is either a principal or accessory to a crime," neither which applies to her.

It appears as if the Adkins-Barras may have been critical of police and school administrators in her Facebook post, which is likely the real reason she was arrested because "her friends said she was concerned about what was going on at her school and was questioning the response from officials," according to Heavy.

It is believed her son may have recorded the video at Acadia High School and passed it on to her.

Link

The chief's FB post

Posting videos and photos of illegal activity on social media is against the law in the State of Louisiana.

He doesn't actually know the law. Who would have thought...

So it may well be she upset the police or school so bingo, you go to jail. Oops. Lawyer time.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's in Lousiana. Does that explain that particular law?
edit on 23-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Acting isn't actually breaking the law. Otherwise most of Hollywood would be locked up.

In the case of Hollywood films, all the participants are actors. That's the difference.
If Hollywood started distributing films of the beating-up of non-consenting victims, they would soon be in trouble.

A law to address that issue would be written differently.

I think you've answered that point yourself in your next post, where you explain that the law was written differently, but law-enforcement wasn't understanding it properly.
So the fault is in the application of the law, rather than the law itself.

edit on 23-2-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Absolutely ridiculous

Hope she wins a significant amount of money for this overreach.

Schoolyard fights are nothing to be ashamed of, they have to resolve their conflicts somehow. When words fail, fists do not. A perfectly normal part of growing up

...at least growing up as something other than a sissy.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If you meant people simulating behavior, that is where my Hollywood point came from. If people actually are committing a crime and posting it then that falls under the law.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I suspect there are non sissies that didn't have a school yard fight.

edit on 2/23/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i also was thinking about was she and bobby were in Louisiana.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yeah I did admit I was wrong. I'm not advocating for more police convictions, but you seem to have a problem with understanding " an accessory ".

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

hahaha fair enough

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
However, the law, introduced in 2008, only applies to "a person who is either a principal or accessory to a crime," neither which applies to her.

It appears as if the Adkins-Barras may have been critical of police and school administrators in her Facebook post, which is likely the real reason she was arrested because "her friends said she was concerned about what was going on at her school and was questioning the response from officials," according to Heavy.

It is believed her son may have recorded the video at Acadia High School and passed it on to her.

Link

That was what I suspected when this story first broke.
edit on 8-3-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Of course this is wrong but I do see the point in trying to stop videos of children who aren't yours from being shared. If it's kid fighting one day, it's kids making out the next but they're 9 and 11 - you see where things could very wrong very fast. I don't know who to prevent such things from being shared aside from laws like this. Even bad laws can be useful if only applied when it truly makes sense to - that is the issue as you know once it's law they are going to abuse it. Par for the course.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If She is White , She should be Banned from Breathing Air .............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join