It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American society fiddles on Tabloid News as the world burns!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Or…
American tabloid and CIA run press keep the sheep sleep

Hey, maybe that’s the way it supposed to be. Maybe that’s what we want, Tabloid stories that titillate. Maybe that’s the way of the world.

What I would do, though, if I were a news outlet would at least put some important news in once in a while, and not just at 3 in the morning like CNN does

Here the world may be falling apart at the seams and all we hear about in the headlines is about this Jussie Smollett hoax, and the owner of the Patriots tried to buy sex, or R. Kelly’s been arrested, or the premature hoopla over the presidential candidates. All tabloid stories as the world slinks closer to potential extinction.

All we have in our news cycle is the pro-Trump anti-Trump noise that’s been going on for two years straight, the premature dem presidential sweepstakes and tabloid stories like Jussie Smollett, R. Kelly, and the sex habits of an NFL owner and other stories that are featured on TMZ.

You have to go to Al Jazeera to even read anything on a potential war between two of our worlds nuclear powers India and Pakistan.

And one power with a bunch of apocalyptic religious fanatics running all over the place!

Pakistan army: Will respond with 'full force' if India attacks

www.aljazeera.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

Okay, you say so what that’s over there in Asia, two nuclear countries near to a war...

Fine, then what about this story: Putin to U.S.: I'm ready for another Cuban Missile-style crisis if you want one

You don’t see these stories anywhere in a major outlet or discussed anywhere, of course except maybe RT and Al Jazeera and other foreign news outlets.
What's wrong with the US?

Here’s what Putin said, between the stories of Jussie lying escapade and the NFL super bowl winner owners sexual escapades.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia is militarily ready for a Cuban Missile-style crisis if the United States wanted one and threatened to place hypersonic nuclear missiles on ships or submarines near U.S. territorial waters.

www.reuters.com...

WOW! And rather than being discussed on our vaunted major “news” outlets, ( CNN AND MSNBC and FOX) all they’ll be discussing is the Trump legal follies and the left/right war.

Hey, maybe that’s the way it supposed to be. Maybe that’s what we want, Tabloid stories that titillate. Maybe that’s the way of the world. OR THE WAY OF THE AMERICAN CULTURE.

People want to look at the tragedy of others( TABLOID NEWS) and be entertained and not the potential destruction of the world OR EVEN ANY HOPEFUL POSITIVE STORIES.

I guess that makes sense or does it

This
or that

This
or that

This
or that:

this:

edit on 22-2-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Wasn't russia simply responding to trump saying we are going to withdraw from the INF treaty?

Sometimes I wonder if russia's MIC gets as rich off of conflict as does our MIC? Maybe everyone is part of the game now. I would be nice to think china and russia are free from the controllers but sometimes I wonder.

Would people even be able to direct their attention on real news anymore? I kind of believe that only the meaningless sensational news is watchable to people anymore because our education system has turned their brain to mush. Trying to talk to people about us getting raped by the financial industry or the FED and you can see their eyes glaze over.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Definitely, something we can agree on, intentionally(likely) or not our attention is being diverted. Which skews our view and means we are collectively being manipulated. Question is how to get people to acknowledge it's possible. Because I'm afraid most don't see it and dont care even if they did.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
where yo gonna go....where you gonna run.....where you gonna hide....because there is nobody like you left.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Wasn't russia simply responding to trump saying we are going to withdraw from the INF treaty?

Sometimes I wonder if russia's MIC gets as rich off of conflict as does our MIC? Maybe everyone is part of the game now. I would be nice to think china and russia are free from the controllers but sometimes I wonder.

Would people even be able to direct their attention on real news anymore? I kind of believe that only the meaningless sensational news is watchable to people anymore because our education system has turned their brain to mush. Trying to talk to people about us getting raped by the financial industry or the FED and you can see their eyes glaze over.

You are corrrect LOL, most people cant or dont balance their checkbook. By the time they get home they want mindless numbing crap, till they have to get up the next day. Even if you get it though, how to correct it seems daunting as hell this system has been in place a while. Its not something that can be torn down by a sledgehammer it needs precise measures starting with the power and that controls the media. Go watch an old news broadcast 70's compared to today.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

it was being controlled in the 70s as well. What do you think Network was trying to tell us? Mockingbird was in full effect in the 70s.

Its all a game. The purpose is distraction and confusion. Trump plays his part as well. Meanwhile they keep passing more draconian laws and the monster just keeps getting bigger. None of us is going to make it out of this. There is no going back either. Find peace within yourself and brush off the rest.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yeah everything in the news for the last two months at least has been nothing but a bunch of distracting bull#....but ya know, walls and racists and such...I guess that's what's important...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Yeah everything in the news for the last two months at least has been nothing but a bunch of distracting bull#....but ya know, walls and racists and such...I guess that's what's important...

yeah but just think about how empty your life would be without all the countless hours you have spent watch this garbage.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Or…
American tabloid and CIA run press keep the sheep sleep

Hey, maybe that’s the way it supposed to be. Maybe that’s what we want, Tabloid stories that titillate. Maybe that’s the way of the world.

What I would do, though, if I were a news outlet would at least put some important news in once in a while, and not just at 3 in the morning like CNN does

Here the world may be falling apart at the seams and all we hear about in the headlines is about this Jussie Smollett hoax, and the owner of the Patriots tried to buy sex, or R. Kelly’s been arrested, or the premature hoopla over the presidential candidates. All tabloid stories as the world slinks closer to potential extinction.

All we have in our news cycle is the pro-Trump anti-Trump noise that’s been going on for two years straight, the premature dem presidential sweepstakes and tabloid stories like Jussie Smollett, R. Kelly, and the sex habits of an NFL owner and other stories that are featured on TMZ.

You have to go to Al Jazeera to even read anything on a potential war between two of our worlds nuclear powers India and Pakistan.

And one power with a bunch of apocalyptic religious fanatics running all over the place!

Pakistan army: Will respond with 'full force' if India attacks

www.aljazeera.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

Okay, you say so what that’s over there in Asia, two nuclear countries near to a war...

Fine, then what about this story: Putin to U.S.: I'm ready for another Cuban Missile-style crisis if you want one

You don’t see these stories anywhere in a major outlet or discussed anywhere, of course except maybe RT and Al Jazeera and other foreign news outlets.
What's wrong with the US?

Here’s what Putin said, between the stories of Jussie lying escapade and the NFL super bowl winner owners sexual escapades.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia is militarily ready for a Cuban Missile-style crisis if the United States wanted one and threatened to place hypersonic nuclear missiles on ships or submarines near U.S. territorial waters.

www.reuters.com...

WOW! And rather than being discussed on our vaunted major “news” outlets, ( CNN AND MSNBC and FOX) all they’ll be discussing is the Trump legal follies and the left/right war.

Hey, maybe that’s the way it supposed to be. Maybe that’s what we want, Tabloid stories that titillate. Maybe that’s the way of the world. OR THE WAY OF THE AMERICAN CULTURE.

People want to look at the tragedy of others( TABLOID NEWS) and be entertained and not the potential destruction of the world OR EVEN ANY HOPEFUL POSITIVE STORIES.

I guess that makes sense or does it

This
or that

This
or that

This
or that:

this:

Well to be fair to the Corporate, Progressive media to report on Putins statement might lead people to question the "Trump is a Putin Puppet omg!1!1!1" narrative they've spent 2 years fabricating out of thin air.

As to your OP I agree. The media is an absolute joke in every single way.
edit on 22-2-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
People are just addicted to misery and train wrecks. Add to that Comedy has been unofficially banned and half the populace is on drugs.... etc. etc.

Think about it.... sex robots and baby harvesting and on it goes.

It wont be long now.

Or you could choose another option... its all up to you.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I get ya Will. I think there are three types of people. There are some of us that do not want to pay attention for whatever reasons. There are also those who do pay attention and think that we are sunk. There are also those who also pay attention and ''know' we are sunk. So yeah. I think it might have been Riders of the Purple Sage that sang, rrrrrrrrrrroooooole another one,

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yeah, Apocalypse time is probably pretty near.
Whoever controls this thing, if anybody, is really maybe not paying attention

Maybe God?

Listen to the great Al Pacino on God where he says God is an absentee landlord

Well he's wrong, God is not an absentee landlord, He’s a slumlord

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Finally!

On this day, during this hour, I agree with you 100%.

These are topics that should warrent a lot more attention in the MSM.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

it was being controlled in the 70s as well. What do you think Network was trying to tell us? Mockingbird was in full effect in the 70s.

Its all a game. The purpose is distraction and confusion. Trump plays his part as well. Meanwhile they keep passing more draconian laws and the monster just keeps getting bigger. None of us is going to make it out of this. There is no going back either. Find peace within yourself and brush off the rest.

Very well said, don't feed the machine!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Maybe LOL but in a nutshell pun intended, was a kid in the 70's so really couldn't have done anything, teen young adult in the 80's LOL really was a party all the time and where are girls at LOL, 90's woke up I'm married 2 kids, I barely got time to sleep. Since 2000 work eat sleep Lol now 2015 oh crap now my parents are getting older and dying, kids are out on their own what the hell happened to the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ah Network…what a classic and funny as hell too. All these millennial’s should watch that movie. Strange they don’t make a remake of that movie. Of course its not strange when you come to think of it.
en.wikipedia.org...(1976_film)

The problem today is that its not only greed running the show but a large dose of sinister, almost occult power running over us.

Homework for the millennials and anyone else who hasn't seen the movie NETWORK

Go to your Netflix and rent it.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Ah Network…what a classic and funny as hell too. All these millennial’s should watch that movie. Strange they don’t make a remake of that movie. Of course its not strange when you come to think of it.
en.wikipedia.org...(1976_film)

The problem today is that its not only greed running the show but a large dose of sinister, almost occult power running over us.

Homework for the millennials and anyone else who hasn't seen the movie NETWORK

Go to your Netflix and rent it.

Major props for bringing this and the movie Network up. I can remember my Dad RIP acting out this scene when he got home from seeing it with my Mom way back in 76. He was very much government and most politicians are full of crap, your life is what you make it etc etc. He was one that had no party affiliation and voted on the candidate for what he stood for and if he thought he would be good for America. Just might have to watch it again because it is still apropos.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Thanks. Your father is a wise man.

Props to agenda 51 too, he first brought up Network

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Five Stories The Media is Ignoring While Jussie Smollett’s Hoax Distracts the Nation

www.activistpost.com...
5. Houston police admitted that a raid that killed an innocent couple was likely based on lies
4. A BBC producer came forward with bombshell evidence showing how the alleged sarin gas attack in Syria last year—was fake

But Riam Dalati, a reputable BBC producer who has long reported from the Middle East, took the liberty of trying to sift through the fog of the Syrian war. He believes Assad forces did attack the town, but that the much-publicized hospital scenes were staged. After almost 6 months of investigations, I can prove without a doubt that the Douma Hospital scene was staged. No fatalities occurred in the hospital.

3. The Feds have proposed and plan on passing a law that would garnish the wages from those who owe on their student loans
2. Gun confiscation has hit unprecedented new highs as hundreds of citizens have guns seized under red flag laws
1. Measles hysteria over the non-epidemic has come to a head as dozens of states have proposed over 100 bills to attack your right to informed consent

Check out the link for details. I would check out number 4 particularly.

Remember the controlled media convicted Syria twice of using sarin gas with little evidence and bombed them

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
That’s the problem we have created since printed materials popped up ages ago. Good and constructive news never had any impacts on majority in societies; it never boiled any blood and certainly never had any effects “as good as” bad rather lies and fake news.

Tabloid reports aside being cheaper to produce and more accessible to the communities “sales good”, mixing whatever with a lot of back ground noise and local propaganda , get enough funding from most ‘’alphabet agencies with agenda” which supporting this sort of war between the ruling system and the societies and voila… gain more control of the masses.

I was born into this and grew up with these craps, just recently woke up (past 30 years as I am 62). Better think and save the new generations from this evil.

Cheers and thanks for the OP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join