It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Neighbor driving us all NUTS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Fantastic story and thanks!

I have had a similar personal experience. When I was a youth, my parents were determined I play the piano. Never got it.

Years later, in my 20's, I tried again. Had a teacher and all and tried for a year. Never got it.

Last year at the age of 64, I bought a cheap Yamaha keyboard and instruction books, the Faber series, and within 6 months, I was playing great. True story. I kept it going for more than a year, getting better and better.

All the while however, the voice in the back of my head kept saying "you are 64, where the hell is this coming from? People dont learn new stuff at 64!" Played along for another few weeks but I became so anxious about not understanding how this was happening, I dropped it and haven't gone back to it.

I still dont understand it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, that guy kept running his tractor over the lot for a total of 5 hours. HIs buds came buy for the friday tailgate beer drinking party. None of the party business bothers us; its Texas, its the Friday after the work week thing.

They slept late this a.m., as usual.

It was all my wife and I could do to resist sneaking over and making little piles of rock all over the lot while they slpet. That would have been choice, but I reminded the wife, there is doubtless a shotgun in that house somewhere and I know his wife knows how to use it.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Why not just ask him to borrow his tractor, take it somewhere and hide it. Then when he asks for it back say you haven't finished the job yet.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oh great..................now the dim wit is on the bass guitar again.

Oh well..................time for a cold one and the headphones.

There you go!

Find him a band...elsewhere...who's practicing and playing out a lot!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

edit on 23-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

approach the council and ask them it they have any advice or rules that can be applied to the situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

if they rent, go through the agents to communicate with the owners and tell them whats going on that that you may hold them at least partially legally liable for any harm their tenants cause.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here's your new theme song:

What's He BUILDING in there?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Are you allowed to plant a barrier of tall bushes as a sound barrier? I understand you'd have to create a raised bed for them to grow in due to the shallow soil. But if you want put his tractor to use clearing the area and hauling dirt that you purchase and is usually delivered in a big pile by the street. It will be noisy but at least in the long run it will give you a break from the sight and sound of your neighbors.

edit on 25-2-2019 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Actually we have considered that. Unfortunately, the best hedge material here is Cactus and it spreads underground making it hard to control. The Cactus pears are good to eat however.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Build a wall

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well, you taught the kid some Grand Funk Railroad, so you must be AWESOME! LOL

As for the rest of it? Neighbors! Can't live with them, can't.... well you know the rest.

Our neighbor down on the corner wanted to honk off the neighbors across the street from them. They have a motorcycle dirt track. So at 2 am, the son decided they needed to move the dirt jumps. With the bobcat. Of course the neighbors called the police.
And we all learned, that we have NO noise ordinance out here.

Win Win for everyone, but the neighbors on the corner!!!!
Nobody on this road likes them anyway.
I would go with the beer and discussion option, if I was you. May make a new friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join