It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian teacher allegedly threatens to punch MAGA hat wearing student

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
TDS is not just for the United States anymore, it is an international pandemic...

A 9th grade student at a Moosejaw, Saskatchewan high school who wore a “Make America Great Again” hat to class was told that he should be “embarrassed” and “ashamed” for wearing the pro-Trump cap.

According to the boy’s father, who did a phone interview on AM980 with Gormley, his son is a fan of debating ideas, and enjoys conversation about American problems.

Apparently, an art teacher at the school told the boy that the hat was a symbol of racism and sexism, and may have implied that the boy himself was supporting sexism and racism by wearing it.

Later on during class, the teacher allegedly invited his class to boo the boy, publicly shaming him for wearing the hat, and said “that’s a face I’d like to punch,” a line that President Trump infamously stated to a protester at a rally of his, during his 2016 presidential campaign.

Canadian teacher allegedly threatens to punch MAGA hat wearing student

Really...an adult treating a 9th grade student (that is about a 12-13 year old child) like this? Encouraging other of his peers to shame him?? Can we please take politics out of the schools? If the school has a policy of no political apparel can be worn on campus, fine...but it should apply to ALL political positions.

Again, it is just a hat....that is all. The emotions and statements attributed to that hat are all imaginary and created to intentionally trigger the herd and advance hatred of the opposing political ideas.

the madness....see it for what it is.... a hat.

edit on Mon Feb 25 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ya know, it's funny...
You never seem to hear about full grown, able bodied men getting accosted.
Only children and smaller dudes.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Teacher needs a lesson, an idiot for sure. I feel like a Canadian kids wearing that hat is trolling though, that does not excuse the teacher!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Intolerance in Canada?
no way
impossible
those people are famous for their politeness

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Teacher needs a lesson, an idiot for sure. I feel like a Canadian kids wearing that hat is trolling though, that does not excuse the teacher!

I agree, the kid likely was trolling. However, as you said, it does not give permission for the teacher to behave in the manner in which they did. In addition, if there was no written school administrative policy against the wearing of political apparel of any kind, then the teacher should have just kept their mouth shut and moved on with the paid role of teaching the class.

By not doing so, the feeling of compulsion to behave in this manner is an example of TDS in action.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey,teacher,teacher.

What race/sex is America?

edit on 22-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Ya know, it's funny...

They don't want to have actual debates or confront people who may fight back. Typical behavior of any bully, one punch to the face usually sets them straight. I am not advocating violence btw.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Agreed..I think the teacher should be sent home.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sent home?

Told to go stand in a corner and made to wear a dunce hat.

Or detention.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
TSS......Trump Support Syndrome.
Symptoms include the driving need to find each and any little alleged story about anyone, anywhere who sees Trump as a buffoon and has the gall to mention it out loud.

So your story above was a story told by a student to his father who then called into an AM talk radio program to spread the news. Can we smell any agenda with that?

What chances are there that this 9th grader is a lot like his father. Wearing a political had from another country. Just how are we to suppose that this kid from Moosejaw developed his interest in American politics and debate. What chances are there that he got it from his father.

The kid wears the had to incite attention and what ever comes with it. It's not like he is campaigning for Trump or supporting his bid for re-election as he hangs out with other young teens who live in Canada. I mean maybe so huh? But likely he was looking for attention as a rebel, which , according to him and the story he told his father happened.

Good old dad then figures he has a little nugget here and calls into the local AM talk radio to blast out the story and get a little fame for himself. I mean come on here. What chances are there that this went down just as repeated to the father who repeated it to the talk radio.

And just a hat? JUST A HAT????.. i beg to differ. It is a garment made out of RED fabric. Red, the color of American conservatism. THe slogan on the hat. MAGA, the officlal slogan of a political movement in the United States. That hat is a symbol, and I would now say an iconic symbol of transitional political and social angst. That ''hat'' is now a visible statement of Trumpian politics. Look to any Trump rally and see huge groups of people wearing that hat. Just because it is only a hat? Come on, lie to me some more. Those people wearing that hat are not wearing it just because it is a hat, but rather to demonstrate that they are part of a crowd of loyal Trump supporters. That hat is a tool of political ambitions.

Calling it ''just a hat'' worn by a teenager in Canada seeks to minimize any possibility of of intent on the part of this kid and make him out to be an innocent victim of anti-Trump hysteria.

edit on 28America/ChicagoFri, 22 Feb 2019 11:41:18 -0600Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:41:18 -060019022019-02-22T11:41:18-06:001100000041 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That would be funny!! I meant sent home for good.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's not "just a hat" and you know that, it's been designed and sold as symbol of support for a political figure.
Was the teacher out of line, sure. Yet this little Canadian is holding up politically controversial regalia of a sexist and racist "leader" who did promote violence in his rallies with the exact same sentence the teacher used.
If you want to be outraged about this you should start at the root and look at the facts.

And don't go "why is Trump (grab 'em by the pussy) racist boohoo..." he is. He called people crossing the border "animals", or Judge Gonzalo Curiel he said something like "he is mexican I'm building a wall!" about a judge of the United States of America because of his heritage that's very unamerican and racist...
"#hole countries", Obama and the birther movement... do you want me to name some more?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
TSS......Trump Support Syndrome.
Symptoms include the driving need to find each and any little alleged story about anyone, anywhere who sees Trump as a buffoon and has the gall to mention it out loud.

So your story above was a story told by a student to his father who then called into an AM talk radio program to spread the news. Can we smell any agenda with that?

What chances are there that this 9th grader is a lot like his father. Wearing a political had from another country. Just how are we to suppose that this kid from Moosejaw developed his interest in American politics and debate. What chances are there that he got it from his father.

The kid wears the had to incite attention and what ever comes with it. It's not like he is campaigning for Trump or supporting his bid for re-election as he hangs out with other young teens who live in Canada. I mean maybe so huh? But likely he was looking for attention as a rebel, which , according to him and the story he told his father happened.

Good old dad then figures he has a little nugget here and calls into the local AM talk radio to blast out the story and get a little fame for himself. I mean come on here. What chances are there that this went down just as repeated to the father who repeated it to the talk radio.

And just a hat? JUST A HAT????.. i beg to differ. It is a garment made out of RED fabric. Red, the color of American conservatism. THe slogan on the hat. MAGA, the officlal slogan of a political movement in the United States. That hat is a symbol, and I would now say an iconic symbol of transitional political and social angst. That ''hat'' is now a visible statement of Trumpian politics. Look to any Trump rally and see huge groups of people wearing that hat. Just because it is only a hat? Come on, lie to me some more. Those people wearing that hat are not wearing it just because it is a hat, but rather to demonstrate that they are part of a crowd of loyal Trump supporters. That hat is a tool of political ambitions.

Calling it ''just a hat'' worn by a teenager in Canada seeks to minimize any possibility of of intent on the part of this kid and make him out to be an innocent victim of anti-Trump hysteria.

I agree, the kid was likely trolling intentionally. However, see my post herewhere I address that possibility.

As for it being a hat, yes, it is. It is also a symbol of political support for the president of the United States. Now, that is not illegal nor is it something confined to just the borders of the United States, nor should it be so. Just because a person disagrees with the political position of the president and the party he represents, does NOT, I repeat, does NOT give license for attacking a child and encouraging other children, his peers, to shame him publicly.

The role of a teacher is one of a role model....of a leader and shaper of minds. But, political shaping should NOT be poart of that class agenda, unless it is part of the approved curriculum of the school....PERIOD.

Frankly, I don't care what political position, left, right, center, up, down....it does not belong in a school unless it is part of that approved curriculum. And even then, it should be part of a set of lessons on how respectful political discussion ans debate is done.....ESPECIALLY when teaching children!!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
wow
some of you sound like Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker describing kids wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt.

be careful the wizard powers you allow a hat to have over you

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And just a hat? JUST A HAT????.. i beg to differ.

Ding dong your opinion's wrong.

It's just a hat. Trump was democratically elected. He has been one of the most steadfast examples, especially in recent history, of presidents trying to fulfill their campaign promises. If the left can't handle their emotions (which is obviously the case) then they need to grow a pair. Anything negative about this hat is based on leftist hysteria, and it's only leftists that can see it.

It's just a hat. It's not a racist. It's not transphobic. It's just some fabric with some letters on it. It's just a hat.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So now we're taking "alleged" stories from some anonymous phone call to an AM radio show as gospel? Any official word from anyone or is it simply a story told by a random guy phoning into a radio show? Grasping at straws much?

TVC is real, Trumpian Victim Complex. Some people will scour the most obscure corners of the internet and media for hours just to fulfill their complex, using the most dubious claims to make themselves feel like some kind of martyr. Pretty sad in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Ya know, it's funny...

If that were to happen the MSM would spin it so that the man wearing the MAGA hat was the instigator.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
TDS is not just for the United States anymore, it is an international pandemic...

Yeah....I still can't believe the day someone got pissed at me and told me I was privileged because I told them I don't give the slightest # about Trump after they'd decided to engange in conversation with me about him and go on ranting about guns for 5 minutes straight because it's not my country....without seeming to realize they also share said privilege by not living in America either.
edit on 22/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So now we're taking "alleged" stories from some anonymous phone call to an AM radio show as gospel? Any official word from anyone or is it simply a story told by a random guy phoning into a radio show? Grasping at straws much?

TVC is real, Trumpian Victim Complex. Some people will scour the most obscure corners of the internet and media for hours just to fulfill their complex, using the most dubious claims to make themselves feel like some kind of martyr. Pretty sad in my opinion.

I hardly "scour the Internet and media for hours"....ha. I have various news feeds and alerts in Google that collect and list items of interest. And, as I have stated prior, one of my more recent interests is in the left-sided reporting in the MSM. So, as a balance, why not present the other side of the issue for balance to a group of people who like to be more enlightened and do not trust all the MSM and their decision on what to publish.

As they come up, I read them and evaluate whether it is worth posting her for debate. That is what this forum is all about, is it not? The fact that it triggers you into a defensive posture is irrelevant and orthogonal to this topic, now isn't it?

You are free to find stories that interest you and create threads for discussion. In fact, I encourage it highly.

Now, and comments or thoughts on the actual topic at hand here? I welcome all opinions and discussion.

edit on 2/22/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I have various news feeds and filters in Google that collect and list items of interest.

Ah, so a sort of personalized echo chamber?

No wonder you find these stories so often, you actively seek them out to feed some sort of psychological need.

My advice would be to stop feeding into these sensationalized stories that are being provided to you on a silver platter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join