It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth may be 140 years away from reaching carbon levels not seen in 56 million years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm posting this here because the cure will require geoengineering. I've watched the subject for a number of years and this is some of the best data now being put out. It will effect not only my grandchildren but my great grandchildren as medical science pushes out the limit of our lifetimes. It's about as direct a warning as we can receive regarding Earth's future at this point in time and we should pay attention and begin to lay serious plans to fix it. My best,

Date: February 20, 2019 Source: American Geophysical Union Summary: Total human carbon dioxide emissions could match those of Earth's last major greenhouse warming event in fewer than five generations, new research finds. A new study finds humans are pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere at a rate nine to 10 times higher than the greenhouse gas was emitted during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), a global warming event that occurred roughly 56 million years ago.

Carbon Dioxide Levels Not Seen In 56 Million Years

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So they have invented a giant C02 machine that they are about to turn on.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Sounds luscious!

Co2..It's got what plants crave.

edit on 21-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

And humans had nothing to do with it. These cycles have been going on for longer than humans have been a part of the picture

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Did the warning event 56 million years ago coincide with a mass extinction or did the earth just eventually pull out of it?

If current global warming is caused by humans what caused the event 56 million years ago?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I heard the other day that Civilization only has 12 years left.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah but was that figure factually correct or morally correct?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah but was that figure factually correct or morally correct?

I don't know. We'll have to look for signs in the environment.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That article was big on scare factor but short on actual numbers. CO2 is something like 400 parts per million at the moment. If one grows plants indoors and increases the CO2 level artificially by a factor of six the plants have a larger yield, by as much as 30%.

I say nay to scaremongers.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I may be a lotto winner in the near future too. My proof is my detailed spending plan. I would not be able to make a detailed professional plan without the lotto's existence, so of course I'm going to win sometime in the 99 years of my life time. The math agrees with me that I may win, nothing prevents this.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We may be 12 years away from extinction.

Maybe 5 years before the Polar Ice Caps melt.

Hell, cow farts could do us all in in in a few months.

Technically, by most past models, we should all be dead and the earth covered in fiery volcanos and death by now.

I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just unplugged one of my sparkplugs.

Crisis overted.

That sites acting a little too sciency for it's disclaimer at the bottom for my taste.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Are we still trying to push Global Warming? 140 years you say, Guess you won't be alive to be told you were wrong.

They should do incremental predictions... In 5 years based on our model X, Ten years Y will happen, 20 years etc. but of course not.

140 years we're all gonna be dead!!! and it's because of CO2!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If it's true(which is isn't)

Why arent they building c02 scrubbing plants around the world?

They have the technology.

After all since we supposedly broke it, we sure could fix it.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
For the industrial revolution,
Pay you will,my Humans.

For Unlocking Mother Natures Secrets and Perverting that whch could give you paradise,pay you will.

For being the one species capable of attaining Nirvana on Earth for all sentient life,
yet pissing it all into the fires of greed and corrupton,

Pay you will.

Said a once wise avatar.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

140 years we're all gonna be dead!!! and it's because of CO2!!!!

Damn you SodaStream damn you to hell.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's all Brawndo's fault.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

That article was big on scare factor but short on actual numbers. CO2 is something like 400 parts per million at the moment. If one grows plants indoors and increases the CO2 level artificially by a factor of six the plants have a larger yield, by as much as 30%.

I say nay to scaremongers.

Somebody is growing something ........lol.

Only one type of indoor growers that I know of who are concerned with CO2 levels.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Nut-uh BRAWNDOs got what plants crave. It's Got Electrolytes.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There are a lot worse things going to send us into extinction than carbon levels. The unnatural and concentrated natural chemistry we are spraying and dumping all over will kill off the bugs and good microbes everywhere within fifty years if we do not address that issue, that will cause a collapse of our ecosystem and lead to an extinction within maybe a hundred years. These chemicals are destroying the earths ability to process the carbon into harmless forms.

I think the climate change ordeal is a sadistic joke, they are steering us away from the chemistry that is doing the most harm being exploited. Cows sitting in a pasture spread out around the country is not a problem but the ones in stockyards eating corn and soy are a problem. That corn and soy is being grown with chemicals that are bad for our environment and it causes the cows to fart more.

Sorry if I am against the France Climate change agenda, it is just a way to stimulate their economy and gain wealth for the people running it. It is far from even close to what I would say is the solution, which is just making things simpler and community based. The people in the major cities actually contribute to way more of this than the people farming or working out in the boonies burning their woodstoves and heating a small home. We need to focus on our needs, and properly identify our needs, not calling what we want something we need.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join