It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Hours Till Total Financial Collapse - Scenario

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Looking for something we can rely on There's got to be something better out there. Mmmm, love and compassion, their day is coming All else are castles built in the air And I wonder when we are ever gonna change?

But DJT nominated Steven Mnuchin as Treasury Secretary, he was the producer for the movie "Mad Max Fury Road", not "Beyond Thunderdome".

If you haven't almost perished replacing a rear cross you probably don't know how a "pig" works or why its "excrement" might be useful as barter..

In the Mad Max Fury Road version the mission of Imperator Furiosa is to free "The Five Wives", who are slave female concubines. Not sure how this would work in an economic apocalypse?

If the US decided to default on its national debt the banks would ration withdrawal activity immediately without warning.
Should be some time to see how this might evolve globally, I doubt the US would be first to go..

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Buy and bury gold.
Invest in top crypto currencies.
Bug out.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter

If the US decided to default on its national debt the banks would ration withdrawal activity immediately without warning.
Should be some time to see how this might evolve globally, I doubt the US would be first to go..

That's not how the fractional reserve, nor the world banking system works, if they wanted to implode the market they could do it overnight. Debt doesn't exist, just the illusion that is does.

However they retain control of government, countries, and people via indentures, and they have everyone's sweat equity as well, so I doubt they are that foolish.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

After a 1.7 Billion dollar Greek default in 2015 they limited withdrawals.

Greek officials said that banks will stay shut through July 6, and that daily withdrawals would be limited to 60 euros, or about $67. The stock exchange will remain closed for the same period.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Get on a plane to Paris. Starving to death in France seems a bit more romantic than Omaha.

Yes, no place like a large city during an economic collapse.

Sorry to ruin your dream of starving, but you'd be killed long before you got a chance to starve.

You could be right,, but hunkering down in mortal fear doesn't appeal to me.

With my previous lifestyle, i'm blessed to have lasted this long....

Who's hunkering down in mortal fear??

Most people I know would be jumping for joy and skipping through a field of daisy's if society collapsed.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Get on a plane to Paris. Starving to death in France seems a bit more romantic than Omaha.

Yes, no place like a large city during an economic collapse.

Sorry to ruin your dream of starving, but you'd be killed long before you got a chance to starve.

You could be right,, but hunkering down in mortal fear doesn't appeal to me.

With my previous lifestyle, i'm blessed to have lasted this long....

Who's hunkering down in mortal fear??

Most people I know would be jumping for joy and skipping through a field of daisy's if society collapsed.

Most people I know aren't impressed by adolescent macho bravado. It's not going to be a movie or some silly computer game.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Why is there this immediate and almost irrevocable association between economy and society? An economic collapse need not be the end of the world in a functional society- economics is just supposed to manage the allocation of resources while a society is about how people function as a group.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

hmmm ->> THE SET UP:

you're given a glimpse into the future by 48 hours, by a time portal.
You see everything that is going to happen to you, in the next 48 hours
You see that everything related to Fiat currency becomes worthless 24 hours later, and anything related to any world currency.
--->>>
(all currency/notes/bonds/paper assets are in chaos/null-&-void/disappears) ...

it's obvious, secure a list of survival tools, weapons, nurishments, then various trade items for future pow-wowing, networking and being the local mercantile Trader for the community or band of survivors....

next, as we decided to hunker-in-place,, with the Ocean inlet to the East & the Swamps to our immediate West....3 of the family would be getting the above list of supplies...……. While I got the backhoe digging a moat around the house/shelter/bunker, the perimeter being 150' per side on the owned land, in proximity to a golf course on the North & NW side.

i am Assuming that the 'time portal' could not be used to escape the 24-&-48 hour chaos, as it was only a viewing screen device

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

i am Assuming that the 'time portal' could not be used to escape the 24-&-48 hour chaos, as it was only a viewing screen device

Yep no escaping this one, only your wit will prevail.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
What's your next step?

Same snip, different day. Can't say I'd change much of anything except I'd probably take the next two days off since I'd foresee the fact that I wouldn't be paid for them anyway. No point in working for someone if it doesn't make dollars and sense, ya?

ETA: I did think of somethings I'd probably grab more of given head notice... batteries. salt, coffee beans, some gas for the ice auger and chain saw, iced tea bags, and some grapefruit since I wouldn't be seeing those again and am pretty fond of them.
edit on 21-2-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What's your next step?

Same snip, different day. Can't say I'd change much of anything except I'd probably take the next two days off since I'd foresee the fact that I wouldn't be paid for them anyway. No point in working for someone if it doesn't make dollars and sense, ya?

ETA: I did think of somethings I'd probably grab more of given head notice... batteries. salt, coffee beans, some gas for the ice auger and chain saw, iced tea bags, and some grapefruit since I wouldn't be seeing those again and am pretty fond of them.

Pro Tip... put toilet paper on that list.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I have the Anchorage Daily News.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Buy the best ax, knife and tent at my nearby hardware store. Research and print out all the edible plants in my area, or if it is winter I drive as close to the equator as I can in those 48 hours and research the local edible plants in that area. It would be an area as rural and isolated as possible.

Then real life begins I suppose.

Trust me if you don't already know how to survive in the wild your not going to learn within 48 hours. We should already be learning this stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

So you're given a glimpse into the future by 48 hours, by a time portal. You see everything that is going to happen to you, in the next 48 hours, but it doesn't sink in, until after the vision. Minutes after the vision things are unfolding exactly the way you've been shown.

You see that everything related to Fiat currency becomes worthless 24 hours later, and anything related to any world currency.

Because of the financial chaos, all businesses that issued stocks declare them null-n-void. 401k's disappear overnight.

Do you spend all your money somehow?

Do you buy gold and silver?

Do you bug-out to a more rural area?

Stock up on food and supplies?

Pay the house off?

Anything goes folks, even leasing your dream car, camper, and maxing out credit.

What's your next step?

Being a 1st Disaster EMT Responder....I know this is gonna sound awful to a lot of you....when we train? We are going for a positive outcome...all the while realizing...it prob would never be enough and help everyone.

Frankly? If things get that far as you say? In 48 hrs...nothing you do will matter anymore as institutions break down....money, gold, silver, jewels, bonds? All meaningless...as the world around you will be trying to kill you and yours for it......

The top 3 commodities will be food, water and fuel.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
it's

all

about

Mad Max.......we know this one already LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Interesting you say this, because the reason for the question was mainly how would people respond.

It appears our society is heavily reliant on money, and if we lose it, then the outcome should be a chaotic one. My response would be.....Why does everyone need to respond in a destructive way, instead of constructive.

If money disappeared, everyone would still have their skills and talents, so maybe it would be an opportunity to build from a more stable foundation then we already have.

When we get down to the basics, what do we all truly need?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Interesting you say this, because the reason for the question was mainly how would people respond.

It appears our society is heavily reliant on money, and if we lose it, then the outcome should be a chaotic one. My response would be.....Why does everyone need to respond in a destructive way, instead of constructive.

If money disappeared, everyone would still have their skills and talents, so maybe it would be an opportunity to build from a more stable foundation then we already have.

When we get down to the basics, what do we all truly need?

Ist Responding...During Hurricane Katrina...do you know what the best commodity to have was for help? Beer. Not money. You can get people to help when you had beer.

If you were stuck on a roof for 5 days and a couple guys were paddling by...and you had a couple cases... the "Hey! Can you guys stop n help us for a case or two of beer"? Worked much getter. Offering $$ when you couldnt buy anything because there wasn't anything...was pointless. Now, got beer? Different story.

There was a panhandler on the road with a cardboard sign saying "Help please!? Family, need work, no food. God Bless you".

Someone saw them, went to a fast food place, brought back burgers and fries, handing it to the person in need. The homeless person looked at the food, and back at them disgusted. "What's this? What am I supposed to do with this"? (Because it wasn't $$...what they really wanted.)

Bags of ice were as much as your largest bill. No change...so if you had a $20...a small bag was now $20...because youre not getting change.

Everyone should have small denomination bills for a SHTF scenario....

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: MisterSpock

Why is there this immediate and almost irrevocable association between economy and society? An economic collapse need not be the end of the world in a functional society- economics is just supposed to manage the allocation of resources while a society is about how people function as a group.

in a functional society

There's the problem.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: InTheLight

Why not just call for a peaceful transition into said moneyless system?

Because more is required than just transitioning into a moneyless system...a psychological reboot, if you will.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: llama

originally posted by: InTheLight

I would call upon the spirits to reverse future events but this time add positivity, peace and love as well as molding the future into a moneyless system, where one's abilities and merits are valued and rewarded.

I like the way you think. The one thing that escapes most, working together. You could make it alone, but to what end? I have the best tool one can have, a brain that has already mapped out all I need right where I am. Think ahead and never be behind. Besides, I have a pet chicken that gives me an egg everyday!

So true, working together with a different value system. We have deer using our property constantly, a gun, lots of ammo, a neighbour with many chickens, a well, and many forests for wild food foraging. I am sure we could start bartering with other people in no time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join