It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people ask for advice and not take it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If you are giving free advice...

It's been my experience that you get what you pay for....

Become a consultant in your field of expertise....

smallbiztrends.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Don't tell me yall are anti-pyrex.

Are yall anti-pyrex?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

they aren't really looking for advice. They are looking for validation that they are right.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

People aren't required to accept the advice given, that's just silly. A realignment of your personal definition of what giving advice is may be helpful.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Don't tell me yall are anti-pyrex.

Are yall anti-pyrex?

No way, I love pyrex, what I don't love are people that don't know how to use tools properly.

Just like a teflon pan shouldn't be used with sharp metal objects, a glass vessel or cookware should be
used with care. Pyrex is fine to cook in, but it is still glass and if you change the temperature way too quickly, it will explode. I'm convinced 99% of pyrex complaints are user error.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

People aren't required to accept the advice given, that's just silly. A realignment of your personal definition of what giving advice is may be helpful.

The only thing silly is asking a more experienced person for instruction and not following it, especially when it
comes to safety.

Like I said earlier, if we are talking advice about color preference or this tastes good or not, whatever.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: rickymouse

Do you have a son or grandson?

Your post started good but quickly became rather sexist lol.

Two daughters and two grandsons and three granddaughters and one great granddaughter.

They all call me Rick....I did not care for being called dad or grandpa.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: JinMI

my daughters dutch father in law asked me if you can fix a plastic water tank i told him yes you can get it welded a couple of days later he asked a mate of mine the same question and the same answer then he asked a plumber doing a job for me the same question and got the same answer now if he asks me any thing i shrug and tell him i don't know pisses you off
by the way he ended up getting it welded by the plumber

"i shrug and tell him i don't know"

I'm taking that advice,...........See isn't that easy!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: rickymouse

Do you have a son or grandson?

Your post started good but quickly became rather sexist lol.

I have a son, and it's not unique to women. My son does it to me all the time.

I can tell him a thing, and it goes in one ear and out the other and he learns the hard way.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

People aren't required to, no, but in a case like this where someone is told they are looking at serious injury at worst and destroyed goods at best, it can be worrisome when they don't.

If someone asks you something and you tell them they're risking their life not to do it the way you tell, and they insist on doing it in a way guaranteed to have a high rate of loss of life and or limb, can you honestly say you'd be perfectly sanguine with knowing you told them how to go die?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ha, exploding glass dishes. Reminds me of the time my sister-in-law was baking my older brother a multi-tiered cake for his birthday. Kept stressing to her she needed potholders or towels or something on the counter because those Pyrex baking dishes of hers weren't invincible and CAN explode.

She kept arguing and arguing the whole bake time that it was fine, she puts them on the cold-ass counter all the time, no problem.

Sure as s#, within maybe a minute of putting all 3 on the counter, they ALL exploded. Scared the living s# out of her, too.

She started using potholders and towels religiously after that. To this day, I'm still extremely leery of glass bakeware because of that coronary-inducing afternoon. I know how to use them properly & safely, but still...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join