It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders raked in $6 million in donations just 24 hours after announcing 2020 bid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Source: Business Insider

What I find so interesting about this massive success in first day fundraising is that *we aren't supposed to like Bernie Sanders.*

He is too old. Too white. Too male. He robbed Hillary of her coronation. The Washington Post's only online front page article on him today was ruthless: "Bernie, your time has come...and gone." Of course, he sponsored the BEZOS bill going after Amazon's slave wages, so the WaPo is probably not allowed to say anything flattering about him.

He's not a real Democrat. He's a commie. Don't look at him, look at Kamala Harris. Look at Beto.

Whether or not you like him, this throng of supporters gives hope that the U.S. population has some capacity for thought. They're not obeying what mainstream Dem leadership has instructed them to think.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Major upheaval in progress.

Sanders will be a big thorn in the sides of the current Candidates.

Get ready and stay up to date with all the smears and deflections and red herrings coming 😎

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Bernie might be the only candidate I would even consider getting behind seeing as the DNC snubbed him the last time he ran.

Then again he's a career politician and I don't trust politicians. Oh well, another year of not voting for me.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Aaaaaannd.........Trump wins.

Again

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
As long as Republicans continue to maintain their mentality of me and me and screw you they will continue to lose support especially with the younger generation

Gen z will face dire poverty. As long as you continue to ignore their concerns they will turn you against

The right is it's own worst enemy

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Gen z will face dire poverty. 

Very few in the USA "face dire poverty " let alone an entire generation.
Not being able to purchase the iPhonex is not dire poverty.
It appears your view of dire poverty is skewed.

Oh and
GO BERNIE GO
YOU DESERVE REVENGE FOR 16
edit on 20/2/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Actually you are wrong have you ever been to California?

You are clueless. The entire supply chain bearing automation and tens of millions of jobs will be lost.

These kids are going to eat you alive.

I don't care if you listen or educate yourself on those issues because it's going to happen weather you believe it 9r not.

Time is my side.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Where did he say that not being able to buy an iPhone was the basis for being in dire poverty? Very few people my age that I know own a home and instead rent while working 40+ hours a week while living paycheck to paycheck. That was not the case a generation or two ago. If we follow that trend then it only goes to reason that the next generation or two will continue getting poorer than the previous.

Back in the 50's and 60's the man of the house could easily support a family of four while working one job, you hardly see that anymore.
edit on 2/20/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That's all they know how to do is comment on iPhones even though Apple lost 12 billion in iPhone sales last because no one can afford to buy them anymore

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: toysforadults

Gen z will face dire poverty. 

Very few in the USA "face dire poverty " let alone an entire generation.
Not being able to purchase the iPhonex is not dire poverty.
It appears your view of dire poverty is skewed.

Oh and
GO BERNIE GO
YOU DESERVE REVENGE FOR 16

There is some really dire poverty in my area. Rural, white America. Look at census stats- inner cities and the boonies have these black holes of poverty.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Watch. Now this or many individuals will juxtapose themselves when they look at Samsung and Apple phone sales last year and flip by saying that sales dropped because people suddenly became responsible and decided they cost to much

Which is total bs. Its circular logic because they are to lazy to actually look at the market data and take positions based on what the data suggest.

It's easier to watch a Fox news clip and spout out something about everyone but them is lazy

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

You cant expect anyone on here t9 look at data anymore.

Everyone is comfortable in their falsehoods and ignorance

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Actually you are wrong have you ever been to California?

You are clueless. The entire supply chain bearing automation and tens of millions of jobs will be lost.

These kids are going to eat you alive.

I don't care if you listen or educate yourself on those issues because it's going to happen weather you believe it 9r not.

Time is my side.

Do they have running water?
Electricity?
Public school's?

Poverty and "DIRE" poverty are not the same overexagurator.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Define dire poverty.

I will wait.
40k jobs are not in it.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Some is no where near the stated entire generation.

Its patent bs.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

You cant expect anyone on here t9 look at data anymore.

Everyone is comfortable in their falsehoods and ignorance

Says the poster who posted none.
El oh el

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I am surprised he jumped back in the ring after being neutered by his own party. There is no chance anyone can beat Trump in 2020, so not sure how so many people are blind and throwing their money at these dead ends? Let's be real, the only conceivable candidate that could unseat Trump in 2020...is Jimmy Carter.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: milano

I am surprised he jumped back in the ring after being neutered by his own party. There is no chance anyone can beat Trump in 2020, so not sure how so many people are blind and throwing their money at these dead ends? Let's be real, the only conceivable candidate that could unseat Trump in 2020...is Jimmy Carter.

Exactly. Who are the morons giving money to such a thing?
Why not simply put the money straight into the toilet bowl?
There is NO chance, NONE, that any democrat candidate can even come remotely close to beating President Trump in 2020.

I imagine an independent will do much better than any democrat candidate. In fact, 2020 may very well be the death of the democrat party.
Getting less votes than an independent will be devastating for them.

Odds on it happening? Higher than ever.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Living paycheck to paycheck is poverty in my opinion, I know plenty of people my age who live in poverty if we go by that metric. Dire poverty is living on the street.

I know very few people my age who have 40k jobs. I'm almost 30.
edit on 2/21/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Living paycheck to paycheck is poverty in my opinion, I know plenty of people my age who live in poverty if we go by that metric. Dire poverty is living on the street.

I know very few people my age who have 40k jobs. I'm almost 30.

Hahahaha
Just pull the definitions from your backside.
Reality is really real.

What a joke.
When the facts dont support you simply make crap up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join