It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard lieutenant, dubbed 'domestic terrorist,' had hit list of media bigs and Dem lawmakers: p

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
7th reply of the thread
First page

It happened

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Also, as long as we're equivocating over definitions, I'll note the selective use of a definition that fits your narrative. Here's a standard definition:

stock·pile
Dictionary result for stockpile
/ˈstäkˌpīl/
noun
noun: stockpile; plural noun: stockpiles

a large accumulated stock of goods or materials, especially one held in reserve for use at a time of shortage or other emergency.

There's a reason we have a separate word for this instead of just calling it a "supply." The ammo this guy had does not fit this definition. Regardless, you know exactly what we were taking issue with, which is the media's failure to understand anything about firearms. It's not defending him and you know it. You would've thought the last month and a half would've made you guys realize that making # up isn't working out well for you, but to each their own.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: face23785

It is a stockpile
By definition

They are picking at the wording to discredit and defend.

Look, I’m from Idaho, and 1000 rounds might be considered a good start. Stockpile? No.
Just saying...

For people that don't own guns or shoot, 1000 is a lot more than 0.
They have no idea how fast those are used up in practice.
1000 is a "scary" number to them.

(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Cool
Keep picking at the language to try and discredit and defend.
You're good at it

Look at lunenaris post on first page.

Waiting for the planted maga hat.
Tons of stars

Deflection

Fact

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

It is a stockpile
By definition

Look, I’m from Idaho, and 1000 rounds might be considered a good start. Stockpile? No.
Just saying...

That's precisely what we're taking issue with, is that people who don't know anything think that's some extreme amount of ammo. I've even seen local media try to make it sound like 200 rounds was a lot.

No one is using this to defend the guy.

(post by TinySickTears removed for a manners violation)
(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Whatever you say gunny

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Whatever you say gunny

I guess this technically qualifies as a post without lies, although I was never in the Marine. A for effort.

Look, I know it's been a rough few weeks with all the fake stories you guys have been falling for, but that doesn't give you free reign to just make # up unchallenged. If you can't handle it, don't post lies. Pretty simple. You can have the last word so you can sleep tonight.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It is a stockpile
By definition

Just saying...

All good points. Taken as a singular figure, it probably does seem scary to someone who doesn’t shoot. Depending on what you’re shooting, one good afternoon at the range could put a serious dent in that....

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I know what I see
Sleep fast gunny

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Notice a trend here? You know how when Antifa or some other dem does something stupid, the right with the narrative that this is a representation of all the people on the left(which is false).

Yet here, a Trump supporter and now their narrative has changed to he does not represent us (which is true) but their hypocrisy is showing BIGLY. Bad dem = all dems bad. Bad Trump supporter = not all just him
edit on 21-2-2019 by Rokal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

It is a stockpile
By definition

Just saying...

All good points. Taken as a singular figure, it probably does seem scary to someone who doesn’t shoot. Depending on what you’re shooting, one good afternoon at the range could put a serious dent in that....

It's also just a pointless position the people trying to make this point are coming from. Like, omg, 1000 rounds? You could kill 1000 people with that!

Okay, what would be more reasonable? Should we only be allowed to own 50 rounds? You could still kill 50 people with that, is that okay? It just makes no logical sense. And if you're a responsible owner, you should shoot fairly often to maintain your proficiency so in the event you ever have to use your gun you're not firing wildly and hitting bystanders. You need a fair amount of ammo to practice. Buying it 50 rounds at a time is simply not practical.

You would think that's something the "common sense gun control" folks would be FOR, not against.
edit on 21 2 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rokal
Notice a trend here? You know how when Antifa or some other dem does something stupid, they go with the narrative that this is a representation of all the people on the left(which is false).

Yet here, a Trump supporter and now their narrative has changed to he does not represent us (which is true) but their hypocrisy is showing BIGLY. Bad dem = all dems bad. Bad Trump supporter = not all just him

Most ironic post of the week^

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Notice a trend here? You know how when Antifa or some other dem does something stupid, they go with the narrative that this is a representation of all the people on the left(which is false).

You do know I am talking about the righty's, the biggest hypocrites in the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You do know I am talking about the righty's, the biggest hypocrites in the world.

Second most ironic post of the week^

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It is a stockpile
By definition

Just saying...

It's also just a pointless position the people trying to make this point are coming from. Like, omg, 1000 rounds? You could kill 1000 people with that!

Okay, what would be more reasonable? Should we only be allowed to own 50 rounds? You could still kill 50 people with that, is that okay? It just makes no logical sense. And if you're a responsible owner, you should shoot fairly often to maintain your proficiency so in the event you ever have to use your gun you're not firing wildly and hitting bystanders. You need a fair amount of ammo to practice. Buying it 50 rounds at a time is simply not practical.

You would think that's something the "common sense gun control" folks would be FOR, not against.

Right. It’s a strange and sensational detail to focus on in the broader context of the story.
Possessing firearms and ammunition establishes that the individual in question had the means to carry out an attack. OK, moving on. What was the motivation? How detailed was the planning/premeditation? There are a number of other details/questions to discuss, but they’re going to be more challenging and subjective. A 1,000 round “stockpile” is an easier talking point to seize on, but it really doesn’t do much to illuminate the bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We should all celebrate LE for catching this lowlife before he committed the act this time. Thank God we didn't have another "the signs were there" incident.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join