It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultraconservative cardinals blame the homosexuals in general for the abuse crisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Two prominent Roman Catholic Church cardinals have urged an end of what they call "the plague of the homosexual agenda", telling bishops to break their complicity over cases of sexual abuse. In an open letter, Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller say the Church has wrongly blamed the abuse of power by clergy as the main cause of the scandals. Instead, they say the cases involve priests who have "gone away from the truth of the Gospel". They also openly criticise the Pope. Their letter comes on the eve of an extraordinary summit of bishops in Rome called by Pope Francis as an effort to deal with the scandals rocking the Church.

The two ultra conservative cardinals go on public attack against the homosexuals in the Church (not against the abusers) one day before the crucial meeting in Rome. The day before, another prominent critic archbishop Vigano posted his own writings. The evil, according to them, is the homosexuality, as a root of the abuse.

Interesting, how they see 200,000 members of the Catholic clergy who pledged to never marry, as being asexual or heterosexual? Even if the priests are allowed to marry tomorrow, many won't choose it as an option, if they have chosen to live without wives...

To use the disgraced case of McCarrick and similar lower ranks who breached Church laws as well as Civil laws, and to throw anathema on all homosexuals...? McCarrick was punished with the harshest sanction of defrocking, second only to excommunication. Other lower ranks were punished too. And I hope that process of cleansing will not stop with one cardinal only.

However, card. Burke and the ultra conservatives don't want that. They want to strike at the heart, while self granting authority on some judgment seats. They don't want any reform. They don't want the Church to be kind with homosexuals, as other cardinals openly promote... It is an open war waged against any reform in the Catholic Church. Because those same people are against the second marriage, against married priests, against any other liberalization outside the intimate sphere.

Luckily they are minority, out of some 230 cardinals and 5000 or so bishops. A strong minority though, that managed to block the proposed more liberal decisions of two consequent Synods on Family, and ultimately to ruin the proposed mega reform of pope Francis.

For pope Francis there are two ways, to ignore the ultra conservatives and go forward with the reform, or to retire gracefully and let someone younger do it. Perhaps his time has been fulfilled in all honor. His actions on this crucial top meeting will show it clearer than any words.
edit on 20-2-2019 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

is that REALLY the " excuse " they are going with ???????????????????????

" teh homosexuals made us rape nuns "

send in the clowns ... ooops cardinals

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That might have worked 100 years ago, but not today.

They better update their emergency BS protocol to 2020.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
They are 100 percent correct

If you are a male and you get sexually turned on pleasure fromhaving anal sex with another male...you are gay

They are gay and they like them young.

Having priest that don’t marry is the perfect place for a closeted person to hide in plain site

No straight guy is punking a little boy. The straight guys that like little girls, go into teaching

Most people in both fields are honorable but thinking people wouldn’t put themself in position to surround them self with what they desire are naïve

Teach kids if someone touches you tell...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

is that REALLY the " excuse " they are going with ???????????????????????

" teh homosexuals made us rape nuns "

send in the clowns ... ooops cardinals

I dont disagree with them in that it exacerbates a problem that always existed on a very small scale. The problem has become much worse since they church loosened up on their beliefs, particularly in regards to their acceptance of homosexuality.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I can only think that the priests are placed in such unnatural social positions (all the time around the choir boys) and in places where for both the nuns and the priests there are only each other and they are banned from "it" to boot. It is all hidden within an institution which has great communal and international power as well a state of its own too - a state of priests.

It is very sad this has happened. They need a total revolution and new definition to meet with the modern age. My Jesus fits with the digital age better than He fitted before. He is amazingly digital friendly. It is a whole new Christian adventure for me. I think the RC Church could do it also, I really do.

They need to deal with it according to the laws of the lands where the crimes have been committed. May be even drop the celibacy silliness. Peter was not celibate. Even Jesus had a "thing" for Mary Magdalene. I can see it in the Gospels - though I am sure it was not consummated. He would not have wanted to make her a widow as a young woman when He had to die so young.

They are asking too much of the priests and nuns. It is bound to push you into weird displays of behaviour with all that constant repression of your libidio and your nature, surrounded by a lot of other dudes who feel just the same way. Lol, it just ain't narural, Doc'! 'Specially in all those kinky "fetish" costumes these dudes wear! Man, youz just askin' for the "Rocky Horror Picture Show"!

Big reformation is in order if it wants to survive. Like G-D says all through the OT and NT "If they will turn again then I will heal them". If they mean what they say and do the right thing then I have no doubt they could become very digital friendly and a very useful Christian resource for the believers on planet earth of all nations.

edit on 20-2-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If you reform rules and regulations that have been in effect for 1000s of years then you are no longer a religious authority but merely a panderer to popular opinion.
Im not a fan of the church and dont believe it was in any way divinely inspired, I believe it was set up as a system of control

As for homosexuality within the church, The life of a priest is one were youre not allowed to marry or have children and you spend most of your time around other men, cant see what could possibly attract closet gays to something like that.

I find it interesting that of all the worlds major religions Christianity is the only one which doesnt require its spiritual leaders to be married with a family.

When you look at it realistically and without bias its pretty obvious that the position of catholic priest was going to be filled by a majority of closet gay guys or degenerates.

The Catholic Church needs to be disbanded and its Billions and Billions in assets need to be distributed to the needy like its doctrine says.
What the church has become in recent times, in any other time would have been considered the house of satan

edit on 20/2/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Careful, now the Pope is saying that anyone 'always' criticizing the Catholic church is linked to the Debil.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is all part of damage control.

Riddle me this, how do they explain the priests that abuse nuns?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Heterosexuality.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe

Heterosexuality.

Not if rape was involved, then it is a whole other monster.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Heterosexuality.

If you were gay would you rape someone of the opposite sex?

But honestly my previous post was kinda pithy. The idea that a priest would sexually abuse a boy not because he is attracted to males but because he is God's right hand man and holds power over the boy is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Heterosexuality.

But honestly my previous post was kinda pithy. The idea that a priest would sexually abuse a boy not because he is attracted to males but because he is God's right hand man and holds power over the boy is ridiculous.

Sure, because with my experience in life so far (lots) with homosexual and heterosexual men, there is a great percentage that are bi-sexual. But, rape is really not a gender preference thing, it is a power and control thing, hence another reason these types of predators choose this position of power.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
If you reform rules and regulations that have been in effect for 1000s of years then you are no longer a religious authority but merely a panderer to popular opinion.
Im not a fan of the church and dont believe it was in any way divinely inspired, I believe it was set up as a system of control

My first "Redpill" when I was a teen was finding out that 1: the New Testament was written many decades after the fact and 2: the Bible as a whole has been changed many times over the centuries.

Just in my lifetime I have seen many core principles of the Bible being thrown out as "inconvenient in this modern secular age". "God" does not like gays. It's pretty clear. In black and while you might say. But because the dude in the New Testament speaking in red letters did not explicitly say "Hey, that thing about gays in your current holy book that my Dad spoke about? Yes it's still a thing, even when my life story is added to your holy book many centuries down the road and I never mention it" suddenly it's all scissor sisters and Village People up in the church when it's suddenly OK to be out and proud and looking for more.

IF the Bible is real then Heaven's population growth has been steadily declining for the last century or so. Those Westboro Cult Clowns might be the last to get in.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The homosexuals have a general????

Edit to Add:

I'm not a catholic, I don't think the current Pope and Curia, or even the US magisterium, have any moral authority whatever.

But the church's heretical teaching, the one thing that the Lord of this World cannot abide, is the idea that you do not have to be a slave to your gonads (or ovaries).

The church has taught through the centuries that not every experience enriches us. Some experiences impoverish us. And sex, and it's drive, can keep us pre-occupied with the desires of this physical reality, this momentary flow of sensory input; to the point where we begin to live for the purpose of satisfying and gratifying our own desires, our own egos.

The church has historically said that you were made for more than this. That the best of a person is the part that touches on eternity, not the part that impinges upon the dust.

Being master of your domain is the first real manifestation of self-control. And the Roman church tried to find leaders who were masters of their own domains. Such men could point to the sky, instead of pointing to the dirt.

The powers of this world hate the Catholic Church for telling people that you don't have to be a slave to your hormones.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Heterosexuality.

Sure, because with my experience in life so far (lots) with homosexual and heterosexual men, there is a great percentage that are bi-sexual. But, rape is really not a gender preference thing, it is a power and control thing, hence another reason these types of predators choose this position of power.

Good point. Like the whole prison sex thing I guess.

But again if I was hetero and wanted to wield control and power over someone by using sex and had a choice between male altar boys and female parishioners (whatever they are called) and nuns I would go female/nun every time.

But what do I know, I'm not a control rape freak.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Heterosexuality.

Good point. Like the whole prison sex thing I guess.

But again if I was hetero and wanted to wield control and power over someone by using sex and had a choice between male altar boys and female parishioners (whatever they are called) and nuns I would go female/nun every time.

But what do I know, I'm not a control rape freak.

These predators would go after whatever they could get away with, I would imagine.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Pedophilia is a different class altogether.... Blaming this on homosexuality is just wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe

Yea it just shows how naive, and ignorant some church officials are. Blaming it on homosexuality... It's like blaming prison rape on homosexuality and not the crazy scumbags who rape for torture/power.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You know a 100 years ago, if a boy could work, and buy a pack of smokes he technically man according to the culture.

And Jesus said slay those that lay with men like a woman. There also that one verse misleading children and positioning their brothers and god wreaking venegence for violating the children of Israel and their street cred...Samuel Jackson said it best.

Don't forget that one of the commandments of using the Lord name vain, like covering one own ass too also a death sentence.

P.S: These priest should of been Muslim studying the Koran for it make no mention of banning gays...only women.

P.S.S: Mohammed(Mahemet) white an Satan a black from Ethiopia.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join