It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube vows to fight (and censor) conspiracy videos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Sorry to have to say .. that's terrible advice .

If youtube do anything it should be to divert the formerly naive from beleiving particularly assumptive and irrational content

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

If youtube do anything it should be to divert the formerly naive from beleiving particularly assumptive and irrational content

I agree and YT could simply add a disclaimer to the beginning of any video stating that you should be responsible for researching the facts yourself and take everything with a grain of salt, even scientific studies and without censorship coming into play.
edit on 02CST08America/Chicago03780828 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 02CST08America/Chicago05080828 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Actually for those of us informed, there have been quite a few articles of substance on the matter. I don't need the link because I have already educated myself to the topic at hand.

Now who's blind?

Not I .
Articles of Substance : Example what ? Quite a few heaps of bullcrap wafting the smell of hearsay ?

They're going to " stop recommending" videos that quote misinformation yes , but where's your beans for "vows to fight and censor" ?

Got anything bar a 404 ? Nope

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Their house their rules.

Also this has been going on for quite some time, not the first time this has bee posted.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree and YT could simply add a disclaimer to the beginning of any video stating that you should be responsible for researching the facts yourself and take everything with a grain of salt, even scientific studies and without censorship coming into play.

Agreed I think this would be a better way of dealing with it, just some kind of disclaimer along those lines that the video is speculative and people should do their own research but then where do we draw the line on that becomes the question I guess.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Their house their rules.

Nonsense.
There are regulations you know - you can't just do whatever you want in your 'house'.

The ignorance these days is stunning. Drive by soundbites straight from the MSM.

edit on 20/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Youtube is a privately own platform if they want to start banning certain videos then that's up to them.

Those who push the stuff that they are banning can just upload their videos to other sites if they want.

Nobody is stopping them from saying anything.

Its a bit like a few years ago if you even mentioned that you had taken a puff on the magic dragon ATS would remove the post, was that also censorship, or was that just the rules of the site being enforced?
edit on 20-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Agreed I think this would be a better way of dealing with it, just some kind of disclaimer along those lines that the video is speculative and people should do their own research but then where do we draw the line on that becomes the question I guess.

Please elaborate on 'where do we draw the line' part. The lines have already been drawn, such as those against hate, bullying, explicit sexual content, bad manners, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Please elaborate on 'where do we draw the line' part. The lines have already been drawn, such as those against hate, bullying, explicit sexual content, bad manners, etc.

What I mean is that if you say let's put a disclaimer before conspiracy videos you open up other arguments such as what should the disclaimer be and what actually constitutes a conspiracy theory video.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

What I mean is that if you say let's put a disclaimer before conspiracy videos you open up other arguments such as what should the disclaimer be and what actually constitutes a conspiracy theory video.

True, but each disclaimer could be customized to the actual context within that specific video. YT should not be taking the easy way out with censorship, I think they have the responsibility and obligation to society with their platform.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

True, but each disclaimer could be customized to the actual context within that specific video. YT should not be taking the easy way out with censorship, I think they have the responsibility and obligation to society with their platform.

Thats not exactly practical though to do that I would guess that you would then need to ask the creators themselves to put the disclaimer on.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Thats not exactly practical though to do that I would guess that you would then need to ask the creators themselves to put the disclaimer on.

Wouldn't it be easier for YT to just create a standard disclaimer for all videos...simply stating it is your intellectual responsibility to separate the wheat from the chaff. It is a shame some of us need to be reminded of that, but there you have it.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

That is all I watch on YT. If they are going to take down all the alien and conspiracy content then I have no use for YT.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

ATS is more censored than YouTube

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
YouTube seems to be censoring alternative views and opinions in order to fulfill GW bush comment about 9/11.

Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories regarding the attacks of September 11

Its no shocker they are doing this for the elitists. So far i had noticed its already working if you type in pizzagate conspiracy videos about it wont be on the first search page.
Same thing about other topics.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Their house their rules.

Also this has been going on for quite some time, not the first time this has bee posted.

Their house their rules.

Ah yes this nonsense, just like how some are, "But Its a private company!"

Enforcing rules is one thing but silencing or limiting freedom of speech by censoring alternative opinions even as far by hiding it in their platform that is not right.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Instead they should just move the video and label them with a large red circle that states, "Lacks Credible Source" or "No Scientific Evidence" or "Not Factual." Maybe we need laws that "fine" people who intentionally post "manipulated videos or photographs?" Technology is great, but it can also lead to the downfall of humanity. (Cell phones have already shown to reduce face to face social interactions and causes people to be less respectful of each others feelings). Technology has also made privacy difficult to protect. We have to change with the times and like it or not, some aspects of our constitution need to be amended to reflect the intrusiveness of technology into our private lives. It's something our founding fathers could never have foreseen. It won't be the first time this document has been amended to reflect current trends.

Too many people are willing to believe anything they read or see on YouTube. There are some videos that really seem legitimate until you do your own research on the subject. The political videos that have a partisan slant or are used to twist proven facts are the worst. These videos can easily taint the perspective of the voting public and cause civil unrest.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Is there any doubt we are witnessing the end of a formerly great nation?

By allowing cowards and sissies to have any say at all we have let them ruin this formerly great and proud nation.

Scorched Earth is a dandy. One thing we need to be sure of is that if our country is to be ruined then so shall it be ruined for them too. If we real Americans (the only genuine heirs to this land) can't have it, nobody can.

Thankfully we have sites like ATS and/or the ability to disguise videos on Youtube and continually re-post them under hundreds/thousands of different names.
edit on 2/20/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Instead they should just move the video and label them with a large red circle that states, "Lacks Credible Source" or "No Scientific Evidence" or "Not Factual."

Actually they should do that with "official" government statements before the so-called "conspiracy theories"

Nobody lies more and about larger issues than the broken illegitimate ""government""

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: WeRpeons

Instead they should just move the video and label them with a large red circle that states, "Lacks Credible Source" or "No Scientific Evidence" or "Not Factual."

Actually they should do that with "official" government statements before the so-called "conspiracy theories"

Nobody lies more and about larger issues than the broken illegitimate ""government""

We have CNN for that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join