It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicholas Sandmann Files 250 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against The Washington Post

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: xuenchen

Good Luck Nick , Blood from a Stone . Maybe 4 Years in Court and you get the Bastids , but you going to Wait that Long Sir ?

4 years goes by very fast now.....trump almost done already...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Pretty badass last name....Sandmann

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Secondary bystander..........

He had no control over where he was or his actions since they asked the school approved chaperone if they could do school chants as a counter to the ongoing protest. The school had them waiting for a ride in that area for hours on end.

This is the heart of the lawsuit since they claim his actions even if illegal were authorized by the school.

Great way to get rich possible and throw your school under the bus.

Counter suits will appear and target the chaperones and the school for having him in that situation and allowing a counter protest without a permit.

That is how i see it and the courts will either throw this out or we will see from there what happens.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Secondary bystander..........

He had no control over where he was or his actions since they asked the school approved chaperone if they could do school chants as a counter to the ongoing protest. The school had them waiting for a ride in that area for hours on end.

This is the heart of the lawsuit since they claim his actions even if illegal were authorized by the school.

Great way to get rich possible and throw your school under the bus.

Counter suits will appear and target the chaperones and the school for having him in that situation and allowing a counter protest without a permit.

That is how i see it and the courts will either throw this out or we will see from there what happens.

but but but you said no lawsuits.

Wanna bet there are no countersuits and its settled under a NDA?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

These things usually are settled out of court. Personally i would not settle on this one and there is the chance the compost does not settle and ends up getting their lawyers paid for.

If i have been correct in my conclusions in this matter there will be no settlement. Also there does not appear the need for any nda in this matter since no one is with holding info and such.

What would the terms of your bet be?
edit on 20-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

These things usually are settled out of court. Personally i would not settle on this one and there is the chance the compost does not settle and ends up getting their lawyers paid for.

If i have been correct in my conclusions in this matter there will be no settlement. Also there does not appear the need for any nda in this matter since no one is with holding info and such.

What would the terms of your bet be?

No worries my friend just messing with you, since you were so adamant no lawsuits were going to be filed. Still just interested in everybody's opinion. The NDA can be used to stop publishing the settled for amount or terms, to keep it from being used in future unrelated lawsuits for example. Think about WaPo gets slammed by Sandmann, now I'd wager in the last year WaPo has probably done the same thing to a lesser degree to somebody else. Going to fun to watch, it could get thrown out just because it could set off a firestorm of litigation if it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I suspect the Post and their peers will rummage through their trash cans and find their American flags ('I know we had one here somewhere...') and wave their flags and cry about Freedom of Speech and First Amendment.

they are not practicing journalism. they are not trying to inform the public. they are political advocates wanting to destry their enemies, i.e. anyone that disagrees with their leftist philosophies.

aside from trashing the kids at first, they didn't correct the record when new info came out.
I'm sure a lot of the public still doesn't know the whole story.

our media needs a good kick in the butt. they are (collectively) nothing but political advocates that fawn and gush over their favorites and trash and savage the rest of us. its about time for some accountability on their part.

btw the $250mil figure, I believe, is based on the recent sale price of the paper

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yes i see and i didn't think about nda to keep quite the amount.

I stand by my assertions i made about the lawsuits not being filed because it seems as i stated the suits seek to bypass responsibility of actions of sandmann by the claim that he was a secondary bystander and had no control of his actions. That puts responsibility of the situation being created by the school and not sandmann.

It will likely be argued that none of this would have taken place in the media if the school was being responsible and they will look at the actions the school took in the previous years they took the trip. If it was common place for them to loiter in the area for hours on end and do counter protest then they may have a case.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

He was acting like a grade A douche. When his smug entitled snowflake grin went viral he didn’t seem to like that too much, now did he? He got what he deserved. And he won’t get a penny from the WP. Sharwwwwy.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Abbby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abbby

He was acting like a grade A douche. When his smug entitled snowflake grin went viral he didn’t seem to like that too much, now did he? He got what he deserved. And he won’t get a penny from the WP. Sharwwwwy.

Aw how cute! Still fully triggered and outraged by the proven false narrative that got it all started.

TDS is a helluva thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I thought this too the first time I saw the short edited clip. After seeing the rest of the video my opinion quickly changed. He did nothing wrong unless you think standing there smiling after some jerk comes up and starts beating a drum in his face puts him in the wrong. How the hell is that the kids fault? The kid was confused as to what was going on and probably more scared than anything. I thought he handled himself very well and in a mature manner for some kid still in HS. That's insane to say he deserved the death threats, doxxing and whatever else he got. He's just a kid that was minding his own business for christ sakes.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I hope the kid gets rich, and then decides that all his money is going to charities, just 'cos.

That'd make quite the story, wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Aw how cute! Still fully triggered and outraged by the proven false narrative that got it all started.

TDS is a helluva thing.

But he had a red hat with words on them, so in America he deserves to get slammed on social print and televised media 24/7. Come on this country is gonna suck if we cant collectively be more tolerant

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Good For this kid! I hope he wins. I'm hoping this will be a lesson to all the news paper agency's that report BS or one sided stories without any actual facts.

Reminds me of a great quote "This is a newspaper. It's 90 per cent bull#, but it's entertaining. That's why I read it, because it entertains me. " - Training day

Even if it takes five years to win something, that's not bad for his age, he will be set for life.. Honestly if I was in his position I'd 100% go for it. I've been threatened before, it's nothing that my 12 gauge can't handle ha!

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The native guy lied to the press and all the statements provided against the teens were false with a video to back it up. He smiled at an old guy drumming. The drummer and the loony toon black Israelites were the only aggressors I seen. His drumming not so much but his false statements and accusation proved to be quite damaging. He never spoke and never even attempted to understand the situation.

What coarse of action should Sandman have taken? The native guy didn’t speak to him so how was he supposed to reply? Drum back?

a reply to: Abbby

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
The native guy lied to the press and all the statements provided against the teens were false with a video to back it up. He smiled at an old guy drumming. The drummer and the loony toon black Israelites were the only aggressors I seen. His drumming not so much but his false statements and accusation proved to be quite damaging. He never spoke and never even attempted to understand the situation.

What coarse of action should Sandman have taken? The native guy didn’t speak to him so how was he supposed to reply? Drum back?

a reply to: Abbby

All while quietly and politely waiting on the bus.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

What coarse of action should Sandman have taken?

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Grambler

I suppose the kids from the catholic school should have just lain on the ground curled up in a fetal position and let the others do as they please?

I mean, that's the proper response, right?

From Grambler's thread, "Deceptive editing and lies used to smear Maga hat wearing teens as racist."

Nothing else would have been acceptable as we can see.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don’t think the law suit is about the actual event but how the media proliferated a false portrayal of events that caused damages.

a reply to: UncleTomahawk

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I think you are correct in that thought.

However the defense will point to facts that surrounded the event and if the school or sandmann were in the wrong then they will say that the defamation was due to their own actions.

They might claim that waiting on a bus in an area for protesting for hours on end led to the situation and that perhaps the chaperones giving the students permission to counter protest also led to the situation getting out of hand.

Nicks lawyers already know all this and is why they list his as a secondary bystander not responsible or able to change his situation.

This puts the liability of the event on the school and sets them up for possible counter suits.

We can know for sure that if they were not there none of this would have happened.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Could just as easily say that if the media didn’t pick up the story at all there would be no problem or that if they showed the whole video which they had edited down and let people decide from them selves they also would be a problem.

The problem wasn’t the boy standing in a public place. It wasn’t even the protesters or the drummer. It was all how the events were portrayed by the media.

Yes and if they hadn’t been born it wouldn’t have happened either and if there was no drummer it wouldn’t have happend and if there was no school trip and and no school for that matter it wouldn’t have happend. 🤷‍♂️

a reply to: UncleTomahawk

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join