It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious animal attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think this is worth discussion This poor lady was on a morning walk and was attacked by something Unknown DNA testing has determined it's not anything known locally it's North Carolina so a great place for something Crypto to hide , She wasn't eaten so that would eliminate a prey type of situation what kind of animal would just maul and leave ? Wish there was more information the story is kind of vague ,

Any thoughts ?

North Carolina woman killed in mysterious animal attack, police say

An elderly North Carolina woman has died after suffering severe injuries in a mysterious animal attack on a road in the small town of Pantego, police said.

Brenda Hamilton, a 77-year-old beloved high school teacher, was found wounded on the side of Indian Run Road Friday. She was immediately transferred to a local hospital, where she later died.

The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office said wildlife officials weren't able to immediately identify the animal that mauled the woman during her daily morning walk.

"Beaufort County Sheriff’s Investigators along with North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission Officers and Biologist responded to the scene to investigate what kind of animal attacked Hamilton," the sheriff's office said in a statement Monday. "At this time preliminary DNA testing facilitated by NC Wildlife Biologist has eliminated any wild animals indigenous to the area."

investigators are still trying to determine what kind of animal was involved in the attack. Authorities say canine DNA was found on Hamilton's clothing, but that the testing didn't differentiate between wild canines such as wolves and domestic canines.

Investigators are collecting DNA from domestic canines for further testing.

link

Crypto legends of NC
edit on 2/19/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

If it was an animal with young in the area I could see how it might just maul and leave. The officials just said it was canine dna and it wasn’t indigenous to the area, so it could just be a wolf or large domestic dog, I’m not sure if wolves are locals in NC or not.

Still a strange story, I wonder if she was able to give any kind of description of the animal before she passed.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Yeah they found canine DNA on her but that could very well be from one of her dogs , But you would think that they would be able to tell from the wounds if it was a canine it's NC after all .

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Saw this yesterday and was perplexed it was deemed an “animal attack” but no clue on what animal...since then it has gained traction and been updated: Beaufort Teacher Dies in Animal Attack: Updated

I doubt it was a pack of Red wolves 🐺 — USFWS claims that subspecies no longer has a sustainable breeding population — or coyotes but it’s always possible, however, this is an extremely rural area and packs of wild domestic dogs aren’t unusual, so I’d wager it was domesticated dogs that attacked the lady.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Werewolf!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Indian Run Road isn't very long this looks like the area she was found , Look at all those trees to the South and it's pretty much cleared to the North , Surely someone would notice a pack of dog's on the road . This makes me think something was in the tree line . kinda confusing you have Indian Run Rd that is paved and then theres Indian Run that's dirt cut through the tree's .

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We recently had a hiker kill a mountain lion after he was attacked. I know that the DNA shows nothing from the area. But it will probably turn out being some exotic animal that either escaped or was let go by someone.

Or course it could be aliens right?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Not sure how I feel about that guy who killed the Mountain lion it was just a cub I think 5 months old...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the sky shot....

My area of expertise....being 50 years outdoorsey.....coyotes have pups in February........or hogs......

True there's the Big cryptid black cat.....with a canine face believe it or not......friendly or spiritual........I think.......
edit on 19-2-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Old enough to warrant 20+ stitches.

Feel happy he's alive.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Not sure how I feel about that guy who killed the Mountain lion it was just a cub I think 5 months old...

You mean the one that was chewing on him LOL.

Well number #1 He was cut up a bit,if I remember correctly it attacked him and they kind of stumbled off the trail. It was clawing him around his leg and he was lucky enough to get his foot on it's neck. It's not like he could shoo it off.

number#2 sure dont need big cats in areas where they think humans are prey, if it got away likely it would attack again.

I hate it cause they are majestic creatures too, but ...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Perhaps you would have rolled over and died to save this "cub," but this guy fought back while having his wrist locked onto by the cat. He managed to roll over enough to suffocate the animal in a ten minute battle. It weighed between 40 and 50 pounds and was more than capable of killing a human, which it seemed intent on doing. It wasn't a cuddly little baby just wanting a scratch behind the ears.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thanks for the screenshot of your map — I hadn’t a clue about the exact site — but the update stated authorities were “taking DNA samples from domestic dogs”. Maybe it wasn’t a domestic dog breed, but the authorities seem interested in domestic dogs as opposed to another out-of-the-ordinary option.

I spent the weekends one summer and fall just north of Beaufort County in Plymouth — on the Pamilico Sound; it’s an extremely rural area and you’re much more likely to find a dog chained up versus in someone’s home in Beaufort County.

The area this lady was killed is, technically, in the Red wolves’ range, but these are small wolves and there scant historical evidence of any humans being killled by Red wolves. I’m ruling them out.

I’m inside the beltline in Raleigh and for 2 of the past 4 Jan/Feb, I’ve heard coyotes mating and once in a blue moon I’ll see one in street (never seen one on the property or anywhere else but the street), I’d I’ve yet to hear of a single coyote attack. So, there’s 100% chance this attack happened in the range of coyotes, but there also 100% chance that there’s more than enough food stocks currently available for coyotes and only a rabid coyote would even bother with such a difficult meal. No reported positive rabies test. I’m ruling out coyote.

Again, I’ve been to this area and have seen ‘wild’ domestic dogs, plenty. They’re not wild, but instead, a motley crew of local domestic dogs born from neglect and poverty. Why haven’t they untangled it yet? Well, I’m not calling the local authorities Barnie Fife, but the story has gotten traction in the state capitol and I imagine it’ll shake out fairly quickly once the varsity league takes over the testing/investigation. I’m going all-in on domestic dog attack. Wild or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It might even have been peoples' pet dogs. I say this because I have experienced it.

We had three dogs from two different neighbors get into the goat paddock and maul two nannies and kill one of the kids. This is a semi-rural area where people have acres of property, and most folks that have dogs allow them to roam.

We saw the dogs that did it and I went and spoke with the neighbors. I wasn't seeking vet expenses; I simply wanted to let them know their dogs were now officially a nuisance to livestock. Both claimed their dogs weren't dangerous so it couldn't be them that did it. I advised them to keep their dogs restrained on their property because if the dogs appeared in the goat paddock again, the dogs might not come home.

I don't like shooting someone's pet, but when they kill livestock, they are no longer a pet. Needless to say, the dogs didn't get to go home several days later.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
I
I don't like shooting someone's pet, but when they kill livestock, they are no longer a pet. Needless to say, the dogs didn't get to go home several days later.

Then what happened?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's coyote crazy time. Peoples dogs are getting attacked and there's the 30 coyote's in 30 day contest going on around here for the hunters.
Lots of reports of attacks the last couple of weeks.
That time of the year

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I grew up in that area. I still live relatively close

This wasn't coyotes.
This couldn't have been wolves.

Possible domestic dogs or wild strays.
There are deer and bears in the area.
Not many large wild animals aside from those, unless you think a possum or raccoon is the culprit.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

But it attacked him, wasn't backing down, it was not giving up. The animal had no fear(very dangerous)..it would of been a bigger problem to deal with going forward.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I agree, Im going with dogs, wild or otherwise.. if this poor soul got spooked upon walking up on one or more dogs and turned tail to run...thats all it would take to incite attack.

I survived walking into a pack of wolves/ or the largest coyotes ever years ago by not making a move, remained facing the animals and let them keep moving. Alpha watched me until the last one passed into a blackberry thicket and that was that.

took off my undies, put my pants back on and went to the cliff overlooking the river as planned.

I bet she turned and ran

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Dogman

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join