It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vans employee fired for allegedly cursing at MAGA hat-wearing teen

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Krakatoa

They should be fired. Disloyalty to the president will not be tolerated.

congrats on growing such a large pair that you challenge Phage for stupid comment of the day. He is a pro, he used to be admired for different reasons, but things change. Again, congrats!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

huhuhuh

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

No worries...was just wondering. My kids have been asked for access. To me...they might as well rummage through your underwear drawer.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It was clear from the video that the manager had a smirk on his face and probably thought the whole incident was funny.
If I was in head office and saw that smirk , the manager would have been fired as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

congrats on growing such a large pair that you challenge Phage for stupid comment of the day. He is a pro, he used to be admired for different reasons, but things change. Again, congrats!

Its Trump derangement syndrome it turns intelligent people into idiots. It's hard processing all that hate the brain just shuts down.
edit on 2/19/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
At this point if a adult person doesn't understand the concept of politics and work place then they are beyond training.

They just don't get it.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I concur. I'm thinking some idiot hijacked Phage's avatar while he was on vacation.

And, uh, oh, yeah: MAGA!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

A Vans shoe store employee was fired after he allegedly cursed at a 14-year-old customer because the teen was wearing a red "Make America Great Again" hat.

The unidentified employee, working at a store in Overland Park, Kansas, seemingly said "f--k you" to the teen as he appeared to be shopping with his family, an encounter that was filmed and uploaded to social media.

WARNING: VIDEO MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

"He did nothing to you — what did you say to my son? To my 14-year-old son?" an unidentified woman asked the employee in the video. The worker didn't deny he was the source of the comment.

Vans employee fired for allegedly cursing at MAGA hat-wearing teen

I think companies are finally realizing they need to be politically agnostic these days. I, for one, applaud that approach. A businesses goal should be making profit, not making political statements. I would say this regardless of political stance, GOP or DEM.

And, I think it is past time for companies to include political training for all their employees, and have it part of the employee handbook. It should already be part of the rules never, NEVER to swear at a customer regardless of what they did. DUH!!

Kudo's to this business for addressing the issue immediately and decisively.

I fully agree. Business should be about business and employees need to be held to higher standards throughout the industry.

Side note, your opening comments are also perfect for all those gay wedding cake cases where people put political or religious ideology before everything else, like in this case, sometimes flat out kicking people out of their stores.

A businesses goal should be making profit, not making political statements.

Well said.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join