It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vans employee fired for allegedly cursing at MAGA hat-wearing teen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Satire, actually

when people think youre being rude and you have to explain 'its satire'.
youre not good at satire.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Is there a rule that satire does not involve rudity?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Rikku

Is there a rule that satire does not involve rudity?

No, but usually it involves some form of cleverness or comedy.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Yeah. Some people require broad strokes.

Some appreciate subtlety.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

They should be fired. Disloyalty to the president will not be tolerated.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't agree. Disloyalty to the POTUS has nothing to do with this incident. The employee:

1) swore at a customer (an underage 14 year old at that).
2) let politics get between him and the customer.
3) refused to apologize for his profanity

I would say the same if it was about Maxine Waters or Lindsey Graham. The person doesn't matter, the rudeness and political vitriol should not be welcome at all in a business that depends upon customer sales to make a profit.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

No cussing at customers shouldn't be
Tolerated! especially when your
A grown ass man!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Meh, I wear Sketchers anyways.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So a grown man thought it was a good idea to attack a 14 year old boy. You really have to wonder how unstable many people are. Beginning to think certain people should just be banned from politics. They are incapable of handling it rationally.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah.
Kick his ass real good.

Right?

I carry a shiv made out of a toilet paper core and dried feces.

Are you Ron Perlman?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
People who work for a company or organization have to be taught that they cannot do things like that. If I had a worker who said something like that, I would tell him he was done at the end of the day, an employee is a representative of your company, the owner of that company can fire someone for something like that. The employer can also fire an employee for saying sexist things or for saying racist things. If one employee is saying it to another employee and nobody is around, that is not a firing offense, but if that employee opens his mouth in front of a customer or even a person on the street, the employer has a right to discharge that person.

The employer does not have to fire the person, but can. They can give a warning too if it is not a real bad event. But in the case of this thread, if I owned the business, I would fire the employee immediately. Customers rights are just as important as employees rights. I would fight the person getting unemployment too.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So do we outrage or...?

I think it's dumb that we've let politics into our lives so deeply that people are getting fired over it, pulling guns on people, and faking hate crimes.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Stupid thing to do in any business sounds like this idiot was forced to work,now he will be sucking off the system.liberals stick foot in mouth,think about reprecussions after

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Out of interest...how old are you? Just asking cuz I am wondering if employers are demanding that you have a social media account nowadays? I know lots of peeps have official facebooks...ajd then their real one. But just wondering how employers are handling this.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Oh snap...a Ron Perlman reference!!!! Impressive.

What was the name of that show? Lionguy? I had a mad crush on the girl. 80's chicks are the best....ever.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Holy crap... I didn't think it was possible for someone to actually be punished for abusing a MAGA.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It's amazing people losing their snip over a GD hat.

This country is over run with authoritarians.

Statues,flags,hats,tweets.

Good hell.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
TDS been going HARD AS A MFER

Denial is at an all time high as well.

Don't melt from my heat snowflakes.

FREE JUSSE heuehheueh
edit on 19-2-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Uhhhhhhhhhh...

I don't think that was the president of Van's footwear. It was just a kid shopping, and he said "F U" to the kid who was there with his parents.

Oh you meant Trump? Ok yeah, I can see what you mean then because Trump really does care about children more than those traitorous Dems who are obviously in cahoots with the cartels, so, cursing a child IS kind of the same as being disloyal to Trump. Yeah, good call
Glad to see you're finally coming to your senses

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Out of interest...how old are you? Just asking cuz I am wondering if employers are demanding that you have a social media account nowadays? I know lots of peeps have official facebooks...ajd then their real one. But just wondering how employers are handling this.

I don't have Facebook, and I haven't since 2007. I regret making an account in the first place, regardless of how full of crap it was. I'm in my lower 30's. Rather not give an exact age, if that's ok. In my experience, I've never had a lack of social media presence be a detriment to my employment.

Any time I've requested an interview, I've requested a face to face with the hiring manager. I don't do online applications. I like my anonymity.
edit on 19-2-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join