It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans and robots can have babies, claims AI expert May Happen In 100 Years Or Sooner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So I have been looking around at information on genetics and synthetic genetics and came across an interesting bit of information.
According to some scientists it is possible for humans and robots to share DNA and genetics creating a new race of humans which have a synthetic biology of sorts. There also seems to be another branch of science that is looking into creating a new type of post human which has a symbiotic or genetic connection with humans.

Personally I think its probably already happened with secret government super soldier programs meaning there may be human hybrids already. But I just wonder what this could mean for our future society.
So what say you ATS on humans and robots having children, families, love and everything that goes with it?
Once it starts, if it starts the gene pool would most likely diverge into countless races meaning people would probably look as they wished to look. I imagine this will show us some very strange alien appearances here on earth as well as some new forms of beauty we probably never imagined.

Do I think its a good idea?
Yes I think its a great idea.
How about you?

Should people be allowed to marry and love robots?
I think its fine and I am all for it.
How about you?

Humans and robots can have babies, claims AI expert
Dr David Levy says that humans and robots will soon make babies, given the 'recent progress in stem cell research and artificial chromosomes.'
www.ibtimes.co.in...

The rise of AI (Artificial Intelligence) robots can be concerning for some people but that's not stopping them for sure. In fact, there's a chance that the AI robots will soon have 'children' with their owners. Yes, human-robot babies are very much possible, according to a leading artificial intelligence expert.

Dr David Levy, who is the author of Love and Sex with Robots claims that that humans and robots will soon make babies, given the 'recent progress in stem cell research and artificial chromosomes.'

Though Dr Levy has not given a specific timeline for robot babies, he believes that it could happen within the next 100 years.

He pointed out a research from Ohio State University, where the scientists developed a nanotechnology-based chip that can successfully inject genetic code into skin cells.

The process known as tissue nano transfection (TNT), will allow 'the genetic code of a robot to be passed on to its offspring along with the human genetic code.'

Sex robot SHOCK: AI bots will soon be able to ‘GIVE BIRTH to children’
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Sounds like a hoax to me... Not even in 1000 years I would believe that

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Robobabydaddy.

It's a brave new world.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
How the hell would that even work?

I could see some orwellian artifical insemination bot with a womb and all that other stuff, but an actual cyborg being made from a human and robot is a just a tad farfetched I reckon.

Sexbots will be a very real thing in the future though.

edit on -060009pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
One step at a time.

Let's get them to make pizza's good first.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I could see some orwellian artifical insemination bot with a womb and all that other stuff, but an actual cyborg being made from a human and robot is a just a tad farfetched I reckon.

Sexbots will be a very real thing in the future though.

How would it work?
We now have biological nanobots.
We have biological 3d printers.
We have synthetic DNA
We have already developed a nanotechnology-based chip that can successfully inject genetic code into skin cells.
Eventually I think there may be new forms of biological robotic life designed synthetically.
We are working on a brain machine interface with much success.

Well considering that we already have synthetic DNA and synthetic biological robots I could foresee some type of humans with robotic biological nanobots.

So if that is the case eventually synthetic robot humans could be printed out of those bio printers.

Even still a biological nanobot could essentially merge with human DNA changing them with its programmed synthetic biology.

Once you have kids they would still have that DNA.

Or people could hypothetically grow children in sexbots.
People could hypothetically grow humans in pods and program their DNA to whatever they wanted it to be, no robot needed.

However the point of the article is that eventually AI and humans will want to express love and have children together. So that those possibilities are there.

Whether we allow such a future to ever exist is questionable.
I however do not doubt its indeed very possible.

Anyways hope that answers your question.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Like that show west world

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I’m not buying this, i’ve been #ing my roomba for 3 years and no kids yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If the A.I had a total comprehension of human DNA and all of its subtle nuances of expression. If it had this and created its own or was given its own set of human DNA digitally and used it create a body for itself that reflected that genetic code aswell as allowing its own mind to be dictated by the physical expression that the code held. Wouldn’t it just be a human at that point?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hope you change the dust trap out every once in a while.

a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would believe the AI Expert watched to much of Made in Abyss and Astro Boy Anime.
Because this would never happen.
edit on 19-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Anything is possible...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Do I think its a good idea?

The extinction of the human species.

When a boy toaster and a girl toaster love each other very much......

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Is this going to be like how a "man" can have a baby

But the man is really a woman larping in dudes clothes and got a moustache but is now pregnant cuz you know its fun to transition into a man and give birth cuz thats so duderific.

I picture it being like that, some mental person I gotta pretend to gaf about their illness ohh thats your girl robot?

Okay....

Cyborgs unite, destroy the molestors.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I’m not buying this, i’ve been #ing my roomba for 3 years and no kids yet.

Ummm...ouch...that must really...suck...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The only way this could actually happen is if a sperm donor was to have his sperm injected into the AI's balls and even then... the AI (unless the bottom half is human) wouldn't be able to ejaculate!

I can't believe people actually concieve this as a great idea when they could just inject sperm into the female egg in the first place??

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

"Congratulation's it's a spanner, a fine bouncing baby spanner" the nurse said as she lifted the small bundle and passed it to it's parent.

"But I wanted a son" the Parent exclaimed in shocked disappointment.

The nurse had a disgusted look she can barely hide thinking what a twat as she look's at him even though he was the one that just gave birth, she decides to finish up and let the post maternity care kick in so shut's the greasy tool box and walk's off wiping her oily hand's on an old dirty rage that was lying around in the garage.

Brian look's down at this spanner cradled gently in his calloused hand and all the disappointment vanishes to be replaced with that pride only a parent can know, it's a Britool he realizes, no parent of a mechanic this side of the pond would argue that it was one of the best types of Spanner and he crooned to it "Soon you will grow up to be a real tool".

Sorry this thread made me blow a fuse or something.

edit on 19-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Humans can marry robots as long they clearly identify where the pencil sharpener is....

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I could fall in love with a AI robot. I kind of can't find the right human because I am picky and find flaws turning me off... Shame I will be dead in 100 years but if I wasn't then I will be part of the future of the humanish race or at least the baby would.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well think about it for a moment you could essentially create your own husband or wife according to your specifications. These specifications could change over time in accordance with your wishes.

Imagine a starship in the form of a beautific humanoid mate.

Nevermind the military applications such a spouse.
To have a family with such an AI as a parent would be like being the son or daughter of a god or goddess.

top topics

join