It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder why this isn't getting more attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
www.azfamily.com... 378565ea021.html

Wheatcroft refused to show ID to the officers, which is not required by law but one of the officers threatens to arrest him.

That's when Glendale police say Wheatcroft resisted and they tased him nearly a dozen times, including the buttocks and groin.

So the guy was wrong? He didn't deserve to be tased a dozen times!

Or nearly a dozen times.

Seriously if this has been an African American there would have been 'protests' all around the country.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

Your source is 404'd.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is this the incident you are talking about?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here is the OP link

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Being aggressively tasered is not the equivalency of being shot for being black, or being shot being black in a security uniform, or being shot being a black counselor taking care their ward with autism, or being shot being black in a hoodie with skittles in your pocket heading home from a corner store.

That said, it is f**king horrific whenever police go overboard, regardless of the victim's skin colour. We had a case here in Vancouver where a man was tasered TO DEATH for being uncooperative. I think he threw a stapler or another office supply at the police so 4 or 5 of them tasered him all at once and he died.

Police aggression and brutality should never be the first response.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Here is the OP link

Thanks, that link worked.

So...........

The news link starts the video about 1:30 in to the one I linked. They of course mention ONLY that he wouldn't provide ID. The link I posted(longer video) shows the officer observing and asking him not to keep reaching into his bag.

The news link also leaves out some information that my links(description section) says. Like the fact that Meth was found.

Typical spin, rile people up for nothing. That "professional" Anderson is either misinformed about the longer video and meth found(doubtful) or an absolute moronic shill(my moneys on that one.

Though I do agree with the OP that had this person been a different color, it would be slathered all over the place. With the same details omitted of course.
edit on 18-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If he had been black he would've been shot the moment he reached down for his backpack like Castile when he was going for his ID.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks like it is on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/18/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Stuffing stuff in his backpack and between the seats, refusing to provide ID after observed doing the same. There's probable cause.

Resisting. Illegal drugs (meth - felony). Proof of probable cause.

Looks perfectly legit to me!

Now, had this been a black man, all the usual suspects would be doing live TV interviews with CNN from the roof of the Whitehouse, and calling for cities to be burned down.

So yeah, nothing to see here, folks...move along.

Just another episode of "Let's Make a Dope Deal - Gone Wrong"
edit on 2/18/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: MisterSpock

If he had been black he would've been shot the moment he reached down for his backpack like Castile when he was going for his ID.

Possibly but in all likelihood he wouldn't have been. Stop promoting that BS narrative.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Being aggressively tasered is not the equivalency of being shot for being black, or being shot being black in a security uniform, or being shot being a black counselor taking care their ward with autism, or being shot being black in a hoodie with skittles in your pocket heading home from a corner store.

That said, it is f**king horrific whenever police go overboard, regardless of the victim's skin colour. We had a case here in Vancouver where a man was tasered TO DEATH for being uncooperative. I think he threw a stapler or another office supply at the police so 4 or 5 of them tasered him all at once and he died.

Police aggression and brutality should never be the first response.

You do realize that there are even more white people shot to death by police than black people, right? Look up the case of Daniel Shaver who was shot to death while on his knees, sobbing and surrendering to the police.

This isn't about skin color. People think it is because they base their worldview off of bias reports on the evening news. Which is designed to divide people on a matter we should all be united on and also why we've still seen no resolution many years on.

If you hear about a fatal police shooting of an unarmed human being and your first thought is what color were they then there is something is terribly wrong with you and the way your brain works.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

What was the reason for the T/S? Was the guy known to law enforcement?

In general passengers in a vehicle during a traffic stop (IE reason for the stop was a violation of some motor vehicle law) are not required to provide identification. Exceptions exist though, which is why I am curious. If something occurred during the stop to warrant a further investigation then id can be demanded and required by leo's.

If the "stop" was for something other than a moving offense / traffic infraction then passengers in the car can be required to provide identification.

Based on the info I dont see how the leo's actions were valid.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
You do realize that there are even more white people shot to death by police than black people, right? Look up the case of Daniel Shaver who was shot to death while on his knees, sobbing and surrendering to the police.

Black on Black crime is also very high.. However given the state of politics its just easier to blame white cops for everything.

new topics

top topics

join