It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Obama was so close to starting a big war with North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I missed these news from Friday, until my leisurely browsing today, and it looks like so did ATS, so we can enjoy it together!

President Trump said Friday that he believes former President Obama would have gone to war with North Korea, a claim that members of Obama’s inner circle immediately denied.

Speaking during an impromptu news conference in the Rose Garden of the White House, Trump said Obama once told him he was “so close” to launching a “big war” over North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s nuclear ambitions.

The Hill

Really? Were we really on the brink of war with North Korea and did Obama confide those fears to Trump?

What if this is the way he talks to Supreme Leader when they meet?

"You know, Obama wanted to start a war with you, can you believe that? He told me that.
But not me. I love North Korea!
But he wanted to start a big war. Can you believe that?"

I can't.

Anyone else?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Obama wasn't willing to talk to the North Koreans or hear their concerns. He didn't try to establish a dialogue to try and defuse the situation. Instead he continued Bush's policy of sabre rattling, threats, blackmail and ineffective sanctions. This policy, started by Bush, derailed about 7 years of patient and effective diplomacy between the US, South Korea and North Korea. The Sunshine policy of the South, endorsed by the Clinton administration of this era was destroyed by Bush and Hardliners in South Korea. Everything North Korea has done since then is largely in response to this extreme polar shift in policy.

North Korea, regardless of your opinion on therm, does have very legitimate concerns regarding the United States. The United States labelled them as part of the "Axis of Evil" nations to be destroyed. The United States has friendly governments in South Korea (which they consider occupied territory) and Japan, historically an enemy of Korea. America's military presence in both South Korea, Japan and the surrounding area is substantial. Naturally this does alarm them when the United States' stated policy is regime change.

Trump has changed this policy. He is finally willing to hear what the North Koreans have to say. He is doing what America should have been doing for decades.
edit on -060007pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This same Trump that is now wanting to start a regime change in Venezuela and Iran which is rather comical.
Trump seemed to obsessed with the admin Obama.
edit on 18-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Obama wasn't willing to talk to the North Koreans or hear their concerns.

LOL...Their concerns? LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yes. The fact their country was publicly named as a target of regime change by the United States, a much stronger country with significant military forces in the area.

What, that wouldn't bother you if you were the leader of North Korea?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Look, Trump likes to just say stuff sometimes....

But it's not like Obama was the epitome of a peaceful president either.

This one is probably a stretch, but this isn't a hill to die on for me defending him.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Yes. The fact their country was publicly named as a target of regime change by the United States, a much stronger country with significant military forces in the area.

The Untied States doesn't negotiate with sabre rattling, attention deprived terrorist, and North Korea has nothing the US wants or needs. The USA is committed to its alliance with Japan and South Korea, and are dedicated to their promise to protect them. Starting a war with NK is contrary to our mission.

North Korea is China and Russia problem. Not the USAs.

Kim Jung Un has no concerns other than bolstering own narcissism and inflated ego. He's a psychopathic murderer that has no empathy or valid concerns.
edit on 18-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
US intelligence has announced that since Trumps claim that NK is no longer a threat they have increased their nuclear capability by as much as 10 more nukes.

Then again, Trump has said a lot of bad things about US intelligence as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The Untied States doesn't negotiate with sabre rattling, attention deprived terrorist, and North Korea has nothing the US wants or needs. The USA is committed to its alliance with Japan and South Korea, and are dedicated to their promise to protect them. Starting a war with NK is contrary to our mission.

Kim Jung Un has no concerns other than bolstering own narcissism and inflated ego. He's a psychopathic murderer that has no empathy or valid concerns.

Well maybe not but North Korea isn't a terrorist, It is a sovereign nation.

Your attitude is the reason America has to deal with a nuclear-armed Korea today.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Uhh as much as I like how Trump just went in there and slapped little fatty around into some sense a bit, North Korea started a massive conflict and still had a huge vendetta against the US. Kim Jung il didn't even die until 2011, Obama and Bush had to deal with that crazy guy still. Imagine if they tried to deal with him like Trump has with a rather well educated meek leader like Jung Un?

I think you need to brush up on your historical events timeline a little.
edit on 18-2-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
US intelligence has announced that since Trumps claim that NK is no longer a threat they have increased their nuclear capability by as much as 10 more nukes.

Then again, Trump has said a lot of bad things about US intelligence as well.

Presidents come and go but America's policy remains the same. Unless there is committed change in the overall foreign policy of the US towards North Korea, then it is not unreasonable for them to continue to bolster their deterrence in preparation for a return to the Bush-era policy once Trump is gone.

link   

I believe it.

After his "Red Line" cucking he took over Syria. Then the complete Sh*tshow of the Iran deal. With his unwillingness to talk to NK, the situation would have only continued to escalate.

Who knows how many warfronts we'd have right now if Hilary had won.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

What exactly is your mission? And how do you know Kim Jung Un? Barry, is that you?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Uhh as much as I like how Trump just went in there and slapped little fatty around into some sense a bit, North Korea started a massive conflict and still had a huge vendetta against the US. Kim Jung il didn't even die until 2011, Obama and Bush had to deal with that crazy guy still. Imagine if they tried to deal with him like Trump has with a rather well educated meek leader like Jung Un?

I think you need to learn your historical events timeline a little.

I know historical events perfectly fine. Kim Jong-il was the one who negotiated with Clinton, Kim Young-sam and Kim Dae-jung. The Sunshine policy dates from this period.

The North Korean leadership is not psychopathic or detached from reality. They are quite comfortable in their current position of power and are very unlikely to endanger the status they enjoy. The US Media's constant lies about North Korea, their apparent "threat" to America and suicidal desire to start a nuclear war are constant however. None of which is true.

Isn't it funny how all the countries that are apparently a threat to America are significantly smaller, weaker and have trillions in potential resources?

Methinks American companies could stand to benefit a great deal financially from that mineral wealth, in addition to the reconstruction contracts from the war.
edit on -060007pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I believe it.

After his "Red Line" cucking he took over Syria. Then the complete Sh*tshow of the Iran deal. With his unwillingness to talk to NK, the situation would have only continued to escalate.

Who knows how many warfronts we'd have right now if Hilary had won.

Don't forget Libya. A prosperous, debt free nation with a high standard of living, extensive public services and welfare programs and one that actively opposed Islamic extremism and terror under Colonel Gaddafi.

After Obama & Hillary's meddling Libya is an anarchic hellhole in a state of constant war. A situation unseen in a nation since Somalia in the 90s.

Obama was quite the warmonger despite the media lauding him as a man of peace.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Look, Trump likes to just say stuff sometimes....

But it's not like Obama was the epitome of a peaceful president either.

This one is probably a stretch, but this isn't a hill to die on for me defending him.

Are you ignoring reality, “a stretch” really

NK were and probably still are making Nukes and have stated unequivocally that the US base on Guam? Was their target and you say a stretch

If Obama wasn’t planing something then he was derelict of his duties
I have no idea why he would deny that the NK issue was so bad, it was common knowledge and caused great concern

Trump was on the money

Selling coal to China was genius

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Not a psychopath? The leaders had every chance to shut down gulags, to open the borders, and stop playing the victim card to get what they wanted. I have no pity for the past leaders of North Korea.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Nope. I dont believe anything he says. If hes said it was raining I'd send out the dog to see if he came back wet.
He couldnt tell the truth if his life depended on it.... oh wait it just might.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Not a psychopath? The leaders had every chance to shut down gulags, to open the borders, and stop playing the victim card to get what they wanted. I have no pity for the past leaders of North Korea.

And that has what to do with North Korea's foreign policy, exactly? What business is it of America's how North Korea is run? Before you say human rights how come that doesn't apply to America's allies like Saudi Arabia?

The Soviet Union operated Gulags from the 1930s until the fall in 1991. They also had strict immigration laws. Don't remember the great Soviet nuclear attack on America. Must've been asleep that day.

I guess the US-China war is right around the corner since Gulags and Immigration Control mean you're a warmongering, suicidal psychopath cackling to himself as the world burns.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think you need to learn your historical events timeline a little.

I know historical events perfectly fine. Kim Jong-il was the one who negotiated with Clinton, Kim Young-sam and Kim Dae-jung. The Sunshine policy dates from this period.

The North Korean leadership is not psychopathic or detached from reality. They are quite comfortable in their current position of power and are very unlikely to endanger the status they enjoy. The US Media's constant lies about North Korea, their apparent "threat" to America and suicidal desire to start a nuclear war are constant however. None of which is true.

Isn't it funny how all the countries that are apparently a threat to America are significantly smaller, weaker and have trillions in potential resources?

Methinks American companies could stand to benefit a great deal financially from that mineral wealth, in addition to the reconstruction contracts from the war.

That is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read in a long time on ats

NK are a brutal, violent, destructive machine who hate the US because of what happened in the 50s, to deny that is pure ignorance
Even China has issues with NK
The people are starving, the economy doesn’t exist.
Go for a holiday and see for yourself, don’t steal anything, you will come back in a box
www.reuters.com...

But you just ignore history

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join