It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destructive Mega-River Forms Quickly 37 Miles wide 100 miles long, N Australia 6ft of Rain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Rain and flooding nightmares are made out of.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in Northern Australian looks like they're hurting.

www.theweathernetwork.com... 23809

www.abc.net.au...

"In the seven days to February 4, 2019, the Bureau's site at Townsville Aero recorded 1052.8mm, and 1257.0mm in the 10 days to February 6."

MrBB333 does a fairly good job of presenting the situation there. Also looks like an entire town may have been wiped from the map, but I can't find any news on it yet.

Pictures in the following link are not even making MSM, in the US.

300+k of cattle dead too www.agweb.com...

edit on 17-2-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
holy smackers, looks like what happen in japan in the last 3 years

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in Northern Australian looks like they're hurting.

MrBB333 does a fairly good job of presenting the situation there. Also looks like an entire town may have been wiped from the map, but I can't find any news on it yet.

Pictures in the following link are not even making MSM, in the US.

300+k of cattle dead too www.agweb.com...

6 feet of rain?? Doubt that is possible!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I don't know, but are they using google earth? I am not sure that google earth uses up to the minute imagery does it? Maybe I am missing something here.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I don't know, but are they using google earth? I am not sure that google earth uses up to the minute imagery does it? Maybe I am missing something here.

No its a different program that tracks weather. He just uses google earth to compare before and after images.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Numbers don't lie. On Feb 4th they were already at 1000+mm of rainfall. And since you responded less than 3 minutes after my post; I understand your position.

www.abc.net.au...

"In the seven days to February 4, 2019, the Bureau's site at Townsville Aero recorded 1052.8mm, and 1257.0mm in the 10 days to February 6."

www.theweathernetwork.com... 123809
edit on 17-2-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Snow all the way down to 6500 feet on the mountains of Hawaii with a recorded highest ever wind gust of 191 MPH. Big surf if you feel lucky...

Australian weather has been really bad. Queensland is flooded and other parts have had large hail which killed Cockatoos who were unable to get away... Animal and people rescues not to mention crop and all the animals which have been killed by the water/flooding. When this event first started in Queensland Australia they received a half of years rain in just two days ... 2019 has been a record breaker in many parts of the world and it is just beginning.... Now I will watch your video...S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Forensick

Numbers don't lie. On Feb 4th they were already at 1000+mm of rainfall. And since you responded less than 3 minutes after my post; I understand your position.

www.abc.net.au...

4.12 feet in 10 days. That's pretty crazy!

First I've heard of this, thanks guys.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
At this point I'm never sure whether to chalk events like this up to climate change, military experiments, shifting magnetic poles, or the general Revelations coming to be. But we've really gotta start taking better note of events like this instead of forgetting about them in a few months. Really great website with international weather events and other such information mapped out is climateviewer.com...[/url] , the guy who made it just went on some sort of rampage after getting sick of things getting swept under the carpet.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Not too long ago we (saint louis missouri region) got I think 22 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. Water was actually bubbling up from cracks in my basement floor. Spent almost the entire time mopping it up as it came in. The hydrostatic pressure was almost amazing.

That video is incredible. I will say a little prayer for Australia tonight.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Queensland is a very big place, Queensland isn't flooding, that was an isolated event in north Queensland, but it sure was a lot of water that came down there.

I'm on the Queensland border with nsw and it's been really dry here for months, I suspect we will be getting some serious rains that may be newsworthy in the not too distant future.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hey im a little bit north of you in south burnett. Real dry summer here too. Hoping we get some good rain soon. The hail back in november hospitalized one woman it was so bad. When i returned from the states in december i was surprised by how much damage the hail had done to the bush. Nearly all the trees were stripped of leaves and branches.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is tragic, man I love QLD , I had no idea this was ongoing.......

The sad part is that 57k they can get for assistance isnt going to scratch the surface to repair infrastructure or replace the loss of cattle.....

I reckon many of these ranching families will be put out of business, such a sad sad thing, and the sheer size of that....boggles the mind

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oz is a land of extremes weather-wise. Some places have an average annual rainfall of 3 metres or more which is manageable if it occurs over a year, not so good if it happens in a matter of days. Setting up camp in a river delta which has been dry for a very long time probably isn't guaranteed to be the best plan for ongoing success.

This event has created a vast inland sea on the York Peninsula which will take a long time to drain. The cattle stations there may never recover from this one.
edit on 17/2/2019 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That's fair way inland it must get very very hot there, take a trip to Fraser island if you get the chance, me and my lad spent a week camping there during the last school holidays, the island is an epic place, so much diversity and crystal clear creeks and lakes.

No doubt the weather in this country is becoming more and more extreme, and is why I chose not to buy up there, a few years ago I almost bought a house in Hervey bay, then decided not too because of insurance issues with the cyclones they get there, so i bought on the mid north coast of nsw instead.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
'My Country' - Dorothea Mackellar

The love of field and coppice
Of green and shaded lanes,
Of ordered woods and gardens
Is running in your veins.
Strong love of grey-blue distance,
Brown streams and soft, dim skies
I know, but cannot share it,
My love is otherwise.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

The stark white ring-barked forests,
All tragic to the moon,
The sapphire-misted mountains,
The hot gold hush of noon,
Green tangle of the brushes
Where lithe lianas coil,
And orchids deck the tree-tops,
And ferns the warm dark soil.

Core of my heart, my country!
Her pitiless blue sky,
When, sick at heart, around us
We see the cattle die
But then the grey clouds gather,
And we can bless again
The drumming of an army,
The steady soaking rain.

Core of my heart, my country!
Land of the rainbow gold,
For flood and fire and famine
She pays us back threefold.
Over the thirsty paddocks,
Watch, after many days,
The filmy veil of greenness
That thickens as we gaze ...

An opal-hearted country,
A wilful, lavish land
All you who have not loved her,
You will not understand
though Earth holds many splendours,
Wherever I may die,
I know to what brown country
My homing thoughts will fly.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
After the water's gone and it's dried a season, gold prospecting and gemstones is a worthwhile adventure.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My fiance is from mackay and wants to move back there. Theres work for me up in cairns. I wouldn't mind moving to either despite the cyclones.

Its dry and fairly hot but im on the south burnett wide bay side of things so it's not too bad. But yeah no rain this season although the water tank is still chockers and keeping the bottlebrush watered.

For camping the little guy is five almost six. Im thinking of wondai, boondooma or bunya since thats the closest. Id love fraser island though. Im a lover of the tropics. And the little guy loves anything aquatic.
edit on 17-2-2019 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Years ago I remember Australia getting so much rain that an inland sea was created. I don't know if it's still there though.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Jonjonj

No its a different program that tracks weather. He just uses google earth to compare before and after images.

I went to the site linked in the op and it looks pretty comprehensively flooded. Pretty bad all round, both human and animal.
Thanks for the info. Despite the antagonism (mostly sporting) between Oz and England, I love them guys and wish them the best.

<<   2 >>

join